Anderson County vs. Elizabethan

MAVERICK1995

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Can't tell for sure, but the verbiage suggests you are an Elizabethton fan, is that right?

9 hours ago, Moogitonover said:

We will be prepared we have to be prepared against teams like this. Even though its a down year talent wise their still how they are. This weeks practice has already started out great. Tough people practice tough and this week we will show how tough we are. 

6 hours ago, osunut2 said:

:popcorneater:

Please tell me this isn’t real.

43 minutes ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

#9 and #14 is going to light up the score board Friday! Does Betsy have a D to stop this duo? I say they will be a few schools coming to watch. #14 can make players look silly trying to guard  him. Good luck Betsy….lol

We do have a very good Defense.  We will be without arguably our best defensive end but we will still line up our best 11 and see what happens.

careful,  we don’t need much luck or things might get interesting.

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I am not blowing any smoke. Mavs better be ready. Down right tired of eating my words. Betsy has always been mostly positive with post even when I have been arrogant. No arrogancy this year...Until we beat Greeneville.

Boy if you don't like cow bells may not want to go. I think Besty uses them too. :rolleyes:

The whole “show” thing is not going to be a factor for us and the cowbells,  well they may actually get us going more.  No In all seriousness this game will be won between the lines.  11 on 11.  Mav nation may be high on the hog right now but December is when it matters.  Y’all have a legit team this year.  Can the Mavs finally get to Murfreesboro,  no Cookeville,  ah at last Chattanooga??

I wish somehow they could get the football state championships moved to somewhere like MTSU in the future. Chattanooga just seemed to me like a dump site for parking and overall surroundings last year. Anyhoo I think going into this Fridays game Elizabethton will be the more prepared and disciplined team. However I think Anderson County has enough athletes and playmakers to outlast Elizabethton. Martinez can sling it,Noe is a horse and than some in the backfield and they have the receivers that can go get it and make plays. They are a little better defensively from what I have saw which has always been their biggest struggle. I think if Anderson County can stop the run,play clean penalty wise and make Elizabethton throw the ball this game could get away from the Cyclones fast.

In order for Elizabethton to win they are going to have to play a bend but don't break type of game on defense. Anderson County can clearly score in the 30s 40s on any given night. Up until last Friday Elizabethton when playing tough opponents only scored 6 points in three games. Elizabethton can't let this turn into a shootout and must dominate the line and contain Noe and force Martinez out of the pocket. Offensively establishing the run game early and win up front. I look for Russell and Stephens to play a big roll in this week's game toting the rock.I like Mitchell and Orton at the WR I think both receivers do a great job out in space when the ball is in their hands. I thought Maupin seemed pretty comfortable within the flow of the game spreading the ball out last Friday. Both teams are very good football programs and I hope it's a dandy on Friday for our Cyclones. But I think Anderson County takes the first one of this season.

Anderson County - 35

Elizabethton - 14

Edited by Bigslydog1983

5 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

The whole “show” thing is not going to be a factor for us and the cowbells,  well they may actually get us going more.  No In all seriousness this game will be won between the lines.  11 on 11.  Mav nation may be high on the hog right now but December is when it matters.  Y’all have a legit team this year.  Can the Mavs finally get to Murfreesboro,  no Cookeville,  ah at last Chattanooga??

:thumb: Good Post!

MIF, far as I know Gavin is still nursing a hamstring.  Nick Moog has been playing very well.  Between him and Myer they've been able to produce a lot on the ground and out of the backfield. As well as things are going I don't think there's a rush to get him back on the field if he's not 100% and risk an injury.  

I think getting Noe back will help them more on defense than offense at this point. When healthy, Noe is a punishing type running back that runs downhill but he has a great football iq and is equally punishing on defense. 

3 hours ago, FormerMav said:

MIF, far as I know Gavin is still nursing a hamstring.  Nick Moog has been playing very well.  Between him and Myer they've been able to produce a lot on the ground and out of the backfield. As well as things are going I don't think there's a rush to get him back on the field if he's not 100% and risk an injury.  

I think getting Noe back will help them more on defense than offense at this point. When healthy, Noe is a punishing type running back that runs downhill but he has a great football iq and is equally punishing on defense. 

I agree too! Defense would be as beneficial as offense by having Noe back. :thumb: