Anderson County vs. Elizabethan

MAVERICK1995

34 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hey ELIZABETHTON, you dropped a heart-breaker here but nobody was giving you guys a chance and you nearly pulled it off.     Now use this as a positive to get it together and win out and get ready for post-season.

Blazer my response is to Maconflight. Sorry wrong quote! Read the posts, most Devil fans and others thought Betsy would give you a good game. It’s the Mav posters that were shocked. Not including FormerMav who seems to see the world a bit different from the rest of you.

Congratulations on your very hard earned win.

Edited by noonesfool

NFHS cut the BG out then Betsy radio decided to get cut out before second half over. No way of hearing or seeing the game. Blacked out every option I could find. Almost like no one should see this game. Lmao. Anyways it appears Betsy and Greeneville has what what it takes to continue another run in playoffs. Mavs still have a lot of work on defense. Mavs dropped a lot of pass on offensive. But based on performance it's still going to take a strong defense even with a high powered offense to even consider a state run. 

Congratulations to Elizabethton tonight and you are Good! 

48 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Good game by both.  E had a really good game plan.  They have found something on offense.  

AC got punched in the mouth a little bit in the first half. They made some adjustments in the 2nd half to go up tempo on offense which worked.  They didn't have the horses to give Martinez a lot of time so they went to the quick short and intermediate passing game which opened up the run a little bit.  Also,  AC went off tackle instead of trying to bump it outside which helped. 

E for their part found running room outside. They also throw that fade pass as good as anybody I've seen.  I'd have probably tried the FG to win it at the end but they didn't and I understand why.  With that good of a fade pass I might have tried that too. 

If AC runs into a big power team  that can slow the game down they'll be in trouble.  

Great job to both teams tonight, very entertaining game. 

Excellent, informative post.

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Blazer my response is to Maconflight. Sorry wrong quote! Read the posts, most Devil fans and others thought Betsy would give you a good game. It’s the Mav posters that were shocked. Not including FormerMav who seems to see the world a bit different from the rest of you.

Congratulations on your very hard earned win.

Noonsfook, No I absolutely did not give any explanation to how this game could or would end up. I knew or assumed what Betsy were doing with there earlier games and was hoping they were that low. But they played tonight like they are equal and ready, If not better than any team.

But we have a lot of games to play and the Mavs Must get a Defense this year That can Win in the Playoffs. Period! Defense does win State Championships... period!

12 hours ago, B-Ball Fan said:

Was the kicker not capable from there? Seems like Elizabethton missed a great chance to win it.

I think the plan was to take a shot at the endzone and then kick the FG if you had to on 4th down. It was only 3rd down and 11 seconds left. You just got to put that ball out of the back of the endzone if no one is open. Not a good throw. Great game to watch though. AC killed us with over the top and splitting the seam deep balls. But Betsy's defense was punishing tonight on anything in front of them. They were bringing the lumber. Our offense is starting to get it together. We may not win another game all season but I bet nobody is looking forward to playing us. AC has a great team, we may see you again in a few weeks. AC needs to quit worrying about Greeenville and State championships and worry about next weeks game. You have a team capable of winning it all but you could also exit in the second round if you don't get better every week. I think Betsy may have the best 1-4 team in the country. LOL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigPapi said:

I think the plan was to take a shot at the endzone and then kick the FG if you had to on 4th down. It was only 3rd down and 11 seconds left. You just got to put that ball out of the back of the endzone if no one is open. Not a good throw. Great game to watch though. AC killed us with over the top and splitting the seam deep balls. But Betsy's defense was punishing tonight on anything in front of them. They were bringing the lumber. Our offense is starting to get it together. We may not win another game all season but I bet nobody is looking forward to playing us. AC has a great team, we may see you again in a few weeks. AC needs to quit worrying about Greeenville and State championships and worry about next weeks game. You have a team capable of winning it all but you could also exit in the second round if you don't get better every week. I think Betsy may have the best 1-4 team in the country. LOL. 

Great Post! :thumb:

We may not win another game? Elizabethton has Sullivan East and Volunteer and Seymour still left to play. I think they will win those. This topic shows how people spin records. Saying they are the best 1-4 team in the country is like saying someone is the best looking woman in the country with 2 teeth. I don’t believe in moral victories. Like I said in an above post this game didn’t mean much because most likely 2nd round of playoffs is when the game matters.

This game might not matter as far as conference game but this Betsy team needs games like this to make this offense better and we see that we do have play makers if you put them in good situations.Still got a little work to do but improving every week.These young men have worked hard and will be fine.

• Like 1

What a game. Hats off to Anderson County they dug themselves out of a big first half hole and found a way to win. My only frustration with the final play of the 4th was even if you are going to throw the ball which is fine. You still have 11 seconds left 3rd down your in decent range for your kicker not so much for his comfort but worthy of a shot. why not throw something quick down the field toward the sidelines to get a little closer for the kick. I mean that's just my opinion and you know how those go. I do think Betsy is peaking at the right time though and they are only going to get better come playoff time. And they are somebody I wouldn't want to run into 2nd round.

Edited by Bigslydog1983