JC at USJ...could/should be a great Division II A matchup

WestTNBuc

11 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Throwing out the effects of season records (everyone loves a winner) and just judging rivalries... Dawg and Pony show, Dyersburg vs. Dyer Co., and maybe Lexington/Riverside should be a few in the same league. JCS/USJ has no excuse for not being one of (if not #1) biggest draws west of Nashville. Proximity, rivalry, and population are there...stands should be full.

Yes I agree on those two

6 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Doesn't matter. When you are up by 47 points, not one starter should be in the game. 

Give me your take on the game...I planned on being there, but a series of frustrating events kept me away. I clicked on the link to view it online, got the Liberty/North Side game and almost slipped into a coma before I could click out.

41 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

We did pull the starters the year we beat TCA 75-0. Some are still upset we did not make the extra points.

And the year we shut you guys out at your place, we led 35-0 at the half. If we continued to throw the ball, we could have won by 80 easily. Instead, we tried to end the game quickly.  However, It is what it is. USJ won by a huge margin tonight and the starters played the whole game. I'm sure you will win more games this year by wide margins. You're just that good. It is a fair question to ask though. What do you gain by keeping starters in when the game is well at hand?

Also let’s be honest about leaving the starters in, there’s multi year bad blood between these two coaching staffs. Seems pretty clear that USJ is going to score as many touchdowns as they can against JCS. I’m not going to pretend to feel bad about it either!!!

Edited by Kublah

51 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Give me your take on the game...I planned on being there, but a series of frustrating events kept me away. I clicked on the link to view it online, got the Liberty/North Side game and almost slipped into a coma before I could click out.

Well, it started out like it was going to be a track meet. The best of both teams was on display. The offensive line for USJ was the difference. They ended up totally dominating and there was nothing JCS could do. The last two weeks, USJ has been in a zone with big win over Hardin Co and now dismantling JCS. I'd love to see a USJ and Union City rematch. I believe there would be a different outcome. 

1 minute ago, Kublah said:

Also let’s be honest about leaving the starters in, there’s multi year bad blood between these two coaching staffs. Seems pretty clear that USJ is going to score as many touchdowns as they can against JCS. I’m not going to pretend to feel bad about it either!!!

Kudos to you for the honest answer.  What is the reason for the bad blood in your opinion?

23 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

JCS played Clarksville Academy earlier this season. Not Columbia Academy 

Actually, JCS was at Columbia Academy this year when a torrential storm hit. They were down 10-7 at the half. I watched the game on live stream and have called a couple of games in the Col Ac. booth. 

You should try harder to live up to your handle. Lol