Mcminn Central Chargers vs Meigs County Tigers

RichyRich

49 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I agree this  game is super important whoever loses will lose alot steam. But I disagree if they lose to Meigs that'll be 4-6 or 5-5 if they lost to Meigs I see 7-3 as the most plausible and if they win against Meigs 8-2 or 9-1. But I'll also be trying to keep an eye on the Mcminn county vs East Hamilton game. I claim both schools bc I went to both schools 2 years each. Underclassmen at mcminn and upperclassmen years at central.

I think Sweetwater is the front runner right now, not saying they are not beatable.  Loudon, Central, Kingston, and Signal are close.  I think each team is capable of beating the other.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I think Sweetwater is the front runner right now, not saying they are not beatable.  Loudon, Central, Kingston, and Signal are close.  I think each team is capable of beating the other.

That's who I was thinking  that 3rd loss might come from if central loses to Meigs County tommorow Night.

In todays paper coach Moody said he wasn't worried about the past with Meigs and he seemed positive about this game. The players I have talked to feel the same optimism so that is a good sign they have seen things on film that makes them feel that way. Meigs secondary is not good so if Cox is on with his passes they will score a lot if they don't have penalties or turnovers.  Central receivers are good and hard to cover. Central has a lot of senior leader ship who have played in games over the years. Meigs is young and they are not as good as the ones they replaced from last year. Central gets stronger as the game goes on because they wear down the other team. 

I guess both teams are confident on what they’ve seen of each other on film lol. I think Central will move the ball some but the question is can Central stop Meigs on offense because in IMO this year’s team is better on offense then last year and last year’s team scored 61 points, so the question I have has Central improved that much on defense?

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I agree this  game is super important whoever loses will lose alot steam. But I disagree if they lose to Meigs that'll be 4-6 or 5-5 if they lost to Meigs I see 7-3 as the most plausible and if they win against Meigs 8-2 or 9-1. But I'll also be trying to keep an eye on the Mcminn county vs East Hamilton game. I claim both schools bc I went to both schools 2 years each. Underclassmen at mcminn and upperclassmen years at central.

Should be fun. In all honesty it will be nice watching a good game between the two teams.

24 minutes ago, Italwa said:

In todays paper coach Moody said he wasn't worried about the past with Meigs and he seemed positive about this game. The players I have talked to feel the same optimism so that is a good sign they have seen things on film that makes them feel that way. Meigs secondary is not good so if Cox is on with his passes they will score a lot if they don't have penalties or turnovers.  Central receivers are good and hard to cover. Central has a lot of senior leader ship who have played in games over the years. Meigs is young and they are not as good as the ones they replaced from last year. Central gets stronger as the game goes on because they wear down the other team. 

Interesting, So if Meigs wins with a young team with a bad secondary does that mean you will be confident again next year considering we will field mostly the same players?

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

Should be fun. In all honesty it will be nice watching a good game between the two teams.

Interesting, So if Meigs wins with a young team with a bad secondary does that mean you will be confident again next year considering we will field mostly the same players?

It is hard to say right now. If some of those Meigs players are still soft and not physical next year then the coach would need to find some new players to take their place and start over. Central has some good 9 through 11 graders now so they will be returning stronger and better next year. 

5 hours ago, Italwa said:

It is hard to say right now. If some of those Meigs players are still soft and not physical next year then the coach would need to find some new players to take their place and start over. Central has some good 9 through 11 graders now so they will be returning stronger and better next year. 

If those 9 through 11 graders haven't earned a starting spot, why do you think they would be better than our young team that beat your current varsity? If it happens that way that is:mrgreen:

15 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I guess both teams are confident on what they’ve seen of each other on film lol. I think Central will move the ball some but the question is can Central stop Meigs on offense because in IMO this year’s team is better on offense then last year and last year’s team scored 61 points, so the question I have has Central improved that much on defense?

Meigs is NOT better on offense than they were last year. It isn't even close. I love the optimism but take off the orange colored glasses lol.

This is NOT the same Central team. A lot of new faces have came out this season and the Seniors have bought in and learned the offense. Also, Coach Rech is here now instead of Tellico. He is an excellent defensive coordinator that could possibly shut this "best offense" of Meigs down completely.

New Score Prediction:

Central 48

Meigs 8 (garbage time TD/2pt con)

7 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

Meigs is NOT better on offense than they were last year. It isn't even close. I love the optimism but take off the orange colored glasses lol.

This is NOT the same Central team. A lot of new faces have came out this season and the Seniors have bought in and learned the offense. Also, Coach Rech is here now instead of Tellico. He is an excellent defensive coordinator that could possibly shut this "best offense" of Meigs down completely.

New Score Prediction:

Central 48

Meigs 8 (garbage time TD/2pt con)

Central has played five games four bad teams and one good team and the one good team they lost by 50 so keep believing in what your tipping and we will see tonight.