Mcminn Central Chargers vs Meigs County Tigers

RichyRich

9 hours ago, catchnburn said:

never even close? It was a 7 point game literally the entire game. Penalties took 2 central tds off the board or you lose. Not even close. Get that BS outta here..Polk names there score next week. 

You got jokes. Game was physical domination outside of about a handful of offensive plays that central had. Did you even sniff the red zone? I believe your TD was a run that meigs looked terrible tackling on and a td called back due to lineman being Down field. 
so where was central ever a threat offensively? 

Edited by BigFoot423

On 9/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, THE89Charger said:

For those that are interested Central won every game 2011-2016 then the tables turned and oh my how they turned.  2017-2021 Meigs has out  scored Central 268-7. 2018-2021 Meigs won 235-0. 

That in incorrect, the last time Central beat Meigs was 2014 they won 19-14 Meigs is 15 and 7 against Central since 2001

Meigs has improved alot since TKA and Bledsoe games. I still think we get even better as the season progresses. Our secondary played really well I thought and has improved alot on the year. Offense and defense looked good and I'm really impressed with the freshman RB. He had at best guess 8 yards a carry. If he works at it he will be a force for Meigs as he gets older.

Game went as I predicted.  I felt the Chargers played well, just didn't catch any breaks.  Hats off to Meigs offensive line, they controlled the game.  I do agree that Offensive lineman down field was a titeus call on Central.  Should have been a closer game.  I also don't know how you call helmet to helmet on a kickoff.  I'm not saying this changes the outcome, but it would sure have made it a closer, more exciting game.  

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Game went as I predicted.  I felt the Chargers played well, just didn't catch any breaks.  Hats off to Meigs offensive line, they controlled the game.  I do agree that Offensive lineman down field was a titeus call on Central.  Should have been a closer game.  I also don't know how you call helmet to helmet on a kickoff.  I'm not saying this changes the outcome, but it would sure have made it a closer, more exciting game.  

I wasn't there, nor did I watch it, but with recent rules to help eliminate concussions the NFHS emphasizes that helmet-to-helmet contact is unacceptable AT ANY POINT of a game. Naturally, there are times it's not caught and we all know it's going to happen. The refs I know give some latitude unless they think the person could have taken measures to prevent it. Again, I didn't see the game so I have to leave it to the discretion of the ref that called it.  
Same with the ineligible receiver downfield, some things are caught and some aren't. I agree it happened at a terrible time for Central who was gaining some momentum.
Meigs had a great offensive gameplan and was able to impose their will running the ball, which ultimately was the difference in the game. 

17 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I wasn't there, nor did I watch it, but with recent rules to help eliminate concussions the NFHS emphasizes that helmet-to-helmet contact is unacceptable AT ANY POINT of a game. Naturally, there are times it's not caught and we all know it's going to happen. The refs I know give some latitude unless they think the person could have taken measures to prevent it. Again, I didn't see the game so I have to leave it to the discretion of the ref that called it.  
Same with the ineligible receiver downfield, some things are caught and some aren't. I agree it happened at a terrible time for Central who was gaining some momentum.
Meigs had a great offensive gameplan and was able to impose their will running the ball, which ultimately was the difference in the game. 

Actually, there was no contact helmet to helmet on the play, thats what was called.  I agree with your assesment, and thats what I said would be the key to this game.  Hats off to the Tigers, wish my boys could have pulled this one out.

18 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Actually, there was no contact helmet to helmet on the play, thats what was called.  I agree with your assesment, and thats what I said would be the key to this game.  Hats off to the Tigers, wish my boys could have pulled this one out.

I know the Central fans, community, coaches, and players were all pumped up for this game. In Coach Moody's post-game interview with the radio commentators, he said they'd had this game circled on the calendar.
As I told another Central fan, if there's any consolation it's that Central didn't play the same Meigs team that lost to TKA or Bledsoe. Plus, it wasn't a Region game.
As Yeti said above, the Meigs' youngsters have improved a lot in a short period of time. As it is with Central, they both have some tough Region games coming up.  I believe if Central cuts down on penalties and can mentally put the emotional loss to Meigs behind them, they will beat Kingston. 

No shame in how Central played. Had Meigs played Central in the TKA spot of week 2 we likely would have been beaten. Im just glad to see how far we have come since the TKA game overall. 

Good luck to you Central fans the rest of the year. Hope to see you at the Jamboree next year. I'm hearing it's at Meigs.