Who is your top 10 5A football teams in the state?

GaddyDaddy

On 9/23/2022 at 2:47 PM, oridgecat said:

No I didn't, but they backed into that state championship game and got demolished in Cookeville.  Powell blew that regular season game against us by missing a game tying extra point.  Our defense was absolutely out of gas and wanted no part of overtime. Powell ran a 90 yard drive on the ground with no passes down our throat and choked the extra point with 21 seconds to go.  That win they choked on gave us home field in the playoffs. Then, in the quarter finals game at West, West got jobbed on their home field when they recovered a game clinching fumble in the 4th and the refs gave it back to OR.  Then, there were two drive extending pass interference calls against West on our go ahead drive that gave us 2 bs free first downs to keep the winning drive alive.  Then in the semis we beat an average SD team at home 14-7 that was only there because the rest of their region was garbage that year.  So, no.  I gave that team no shot at state and when they got down their they laid and egg and it was embarrassing.  So NO.  

If you honestly believe that this 2-2 team has a chance at state, then I'm afraid you are not real sure what you're looking at on Friday nights.  West would running clock this OR team with our line play and struggles at qb.  

'

So young man are you a West fan or an OR fan? Hard to tell, back in my day you would roll the hill for saying such things. 

• Sad 3

I was at the game.  Just cause I'm an OR fan doesn't mean that West didn't get got totally jobbed in that game.  It was a fumble by our qb, they recovered it clearly.  Would have been game over.  Refs gave it back to OR.  OR wins the game.  West got jobbed.  Is it what it is man.  

Oh btw old Gaddy.  I wish I were a young man.  That ship sailed long ago.  I'm old, but I can still see what is happening on the field.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1