2A Mr Football Candidates

Chiefbigfoot

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyner Academy QB Josh Jackson - through 5 games - over 1200 yards passing - 15 TD passes, 0 interceptions, 1 rushing TD.  His passing yards and TDs could be higher but he isn't playing 2nd half of many games because of mercy rule and coach putting 2nd team in.  Kid is legit 6-5, 210 and can sling it. Should have solid numbers the rest of the way and could lead his team in a deep playoff run.  They play at Alcoa Oct. 21 and should be undefeated heading into that game if they handle Soddy Daisy, Bledsoe, and Meigs.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:53 AM, Chiefbigfoot said:

Who’s some players that have shot at winning it? I know East Robertson has Zechariah Prince who’s had a stellar season. Heard loretto may have a player who could win it and I know Forrest Taunton Swift was preseason favorite.

prints wheel win mr football

aint no other player in two a that can put up those numbers 

especelly with my indians tough schejewel 

3 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Tyner Academy QB Josh Jackson - through 5 games - over 1200 yards passing - 15 TD passes, 0 interceptions, 1 rushing TD.  His passing yards and TDs could be higher but he isn't playing 2nd half of many games because of mercy rule and coach putting 2nd team in.  Kid is legit 6-5, 210 and can sling it. Should have solid numbers the rest of the way and could lead his team in a deep playoff run.  They play at Alcoa Oct. 21 and should be undefeated heading into that game if they handle Soddy Daisy, Bledsoe, and Meigs.

That will be a good game to watch. Sounds like a stud. What year is he? Alcoa will beat them by 50 but that's everyone who plays them unless you are a big school. Kid will likely get some looks if he passes the eye test. Hopefully it's streamed somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

That will be a good game to watch. Sounds like a stud. What year is he? Alcoa will beat them by 50 but that's everyone who plays them unless you are a big school. Kid will likely get some looks if he passes the eye test. Hopefully it's streamed somewhere. 

Eye popping #s for sure but with the athletes they have I'm sure a ton of these are short passes and big gains after the catch. No team they have played or will play in 2a can match them man for man. They are stacked with athletes every year, I've never figured out how they lose in the playoff  year after year.

5 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Josh is a senior.  He has a lot of athletes to throw the ball to.  There is a lot of Yards After Catch with Tyner receivers and backs, but he is not just throwing bubbles.  I would love to see them avoid running clock loss to Alcoa this year - we will see.  I am hearing he has interest from schools like TN Tech, Eastern KY those type schools.  He has size and arm strength that not many have - some college may find a real gem they could develop in Josh.

18 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Josh is a senior.  He has a lot of athletes to throw the ball to.  There is a lot of Yards After Catch with Tyner receivers and backs, but he is not just throwing bubbles.  I would love to see them avoid running clock loss to Alcoa this year - we will see.  I am hearing he has interest from schools like TN Tech, Eastern KY those type schools.  He has size and arm strength that not many have - some college may find a real gem they could develop in Josh.

Sure has the size, hope to see him play on Saturdays.

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

He is a good athlete but I thought realistically he missed on a ton of passes that should have been completed.  He will definitely get an opportunity at the next level.  What is his completion percentage?

22 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

probably won't be after that