Peabody at Dyersburg

2 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

No sir. I do not know that my paths have crossed with Peabody prior to this week. With that said I had no way to know that they ate video only.

Do you think that that I have never been denied access to cover a game? 

I’m going to issue a disclaimer here: the following is my personal opinion and not the opinion of my employer or anyone else. Schools and the TSSAA react much differently to radio vs television/video. I have had much more grief in the two or three times I have attempted to stream video than the times I’ve attempted to use am/fm/audio streaming. 

I know that Dyer County has radio and video streaming. Because Dyersburg and Dyer Co are so competitive (keeping up with the Jones) I would assume Dburg does video streaming. I know you have radio. My point is that video is the only source for broadcasting for Peabody. As someone who is in the media, how would you feel if a school you traveled to denied your broadcast media outlets (radio/video/both) the ability to broadcast the game LIVE? How would your school and fans feel? That is the point I am trying to get to. And as a reminder, I have zero ties to either school. I just want to know how the Dyersburg administration, coaches, fans,media outlets, and yourself would feel if you were denied the ability to broadcast a game live.

4 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I know that Dyer County has radio and video streaming. Because Dyersburg and Dyer Co are so competitive (keeping up with the Jones) I would assume Dburg does video streaming. I know you have radio. My point is that video is the only source for broadcasting for Peabody. As someone who is in the media, how would you feel if a school you traveled to denied your broadcast media outlets (radio/video/both) the ability to broadcast the game LIVE? How would your school and fans feel? That is the point I am trying to get to. And as a reminder, I have zero ties to either school. I just want to know how the Dyersburg administration, coaches, fans,media outlets, and yourself would feel if you were denied the ability to broadcast a game live.

While I’m not full time radio I can tell you that I have been put in that position more than once.

To me, it seems that schools have different feelings about audio versus video. One of Covington’s posters already alluded to this. 

1 minute ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

While I’m not full time radio I can tell you that I have been put in that position more than once.

To me, it seems that schools have different feelings about audio versus video. One of Covington’s posters already alluded to this. 

Are you trying to say that while working in radio another school denied you the ability to broadcast a game live?  Would love for you to name the schools that would not let you broadcast live. Plenty of times I've been denied press box space to broadcast radio from but I've never been denied the ability to do a live broadcast by ANY school in West Tennessee and I've broadcast from almost every press box this side of the Tennessee River. I can believe you were denied space in a press box but I highly doubt you have been denied the ability to do a live broadcast. 

There are a couple guys that Live Streams all of the Millington games and Dyersburg and Covington are the only two schools to not allow them to stream Live. They may could have went to the visitor stands and did it anyway but they respected the teams wishes and did not. Now from the research we have done it shows that the Millington gate is affected very little if any at all by the Live Stream. As a matter of fact we've found that several viewers have sent donations to the football booster club thanking them for the broadcast. Because a very high percentage of them are alumni or friends/relatives from out of town wanting to see the games. We want them to feel the motto "Once a Trojan Always a Trojan". So by Live Streaming they can feel that they are still as much a part of the school and community as they always were and in return they want to be a part of it. You've all heard the saying "Out Of Sight Out Of Mind",, well By not Live Streaming the games "Out of Mind" is exactly what happens with a lot of these Alumni and other viewers. 

1 hour ago, TNHSFOOTBALLFAN said:

There are a couple guys that Live Streams all of the Millington games and Dyersburg and Covington are the only two schools to not allow them to stream Live. They may could have went to the visitor stands and did it anyway but they respected the teams wishes and did not. Now from the research we have done it shows that the Millington gate is affected very little if any at all by the Live Stream. As a matter of fact we've found that several viewers have sent donations to the football booster club thanking them for the broadcast. Because a very high percentage of them are alumni or friends/relatives from out of town wanting to see the games. We want them to feel the motto "Once a Trojan Always a Trojan". So by Live Streaming they can feel that they are still as much a part of the school and community as they always were and in return they want to be a part of it. You've all heard the saying "Out Of Sight Out Of Mind",, well By not Live Streaming the games "Out of Mind" is exactly what happens with a lot of these Alumni and other viewers. 

Great post! All of the negative thoughts that comes with not allowing a team to stream their games have been put to bed. It is a very narrow minded way of looking at things. You make a great point about being " out of sight out of mind ". I personally, have never really thought about it from that angle, but I completely agree with you. Also, it makes you look so very bush league when you do not allow the visiting team media broadcast. Turnabout is fair play. If, I were Peabody, next season I would not allow any of their media in my press-box. I would say, if you want to watch the game, come purchase a ticket and watch it. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

3 hours ago, TNHSFOOTBALLFAN said:

My response to a school that did not allow my schools media outlet(s) to broadcast live from their field/gym would be that your media outlets (radio and/or video) will not be allowed the ability to broadcast  live on a return trip until you change your policy