CASCADE AT FORREST 2022

GeneralForrest

I’ll do a recap this weekend but funny thing happened tonight….

Pregame I was staring real hard at the Cascade OC & my right hand was going from left to right, Jedi-mind-trick like, and man I was concentrating real hard trying to download the play calls into his head—it worked so well that I got a little freaked out—-Either he reads my posts, I’m a Jedi, or I’m the flipping OC and I was just looking in the mirror.

Quick passes to Dowell at the LOS, Dixon throwing deep, Dixon using his legs, FB Huey softening them up straight up the middle-it was all so perfect in that tone-setting 1st quarter that I had chills…

11 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

I’ll do a recap this weekend but funny thing happened tonight….

Pregame I was staring real hard at the Cascade OC & my right hand was going from left to right, Jedi-mind-trick like, and man I was concentrating real hard trying to download the play calls into his head—it worked so well that I got a little freaked out—-Either he reads my posts, I’m a Jedi, or I’m the flipping OC and I was just looking in the mirror.

Quick passes to Dowell at the LOS, Dixon throwing deep, Dixon using his legs, FB Huey softening them up straight up the middle-it was all so perfect in that tone-setting 1st quarter that I had chills…

Long live the king. Great win!!

• Like 1

Well I thought this was going to be a pick ‘em game and made the drive over to Chapel Hill to catch it. Cascade looked like a team on a mission and Forrest looked like they were just there because it was Friday in the fall. Cascade owned the game in all phases Friday. Forrest looked stale on offense same 3 plays and punt or turn it over and defensively never made any adjustments to anything Cascade was doing. I do believe Forrest thought they could just do what they usually do and bully Cascade like they have in the past. They seemed unprepared, confused, and scared to get hit Friday. On the flip side Cascade was prepared for anything that was thrown at them and was the aggressor from the first whistle. Interesting to see for sure and was not expecting the outcome to be like that. Those programs are definitely going in different directions this year and possibly the future. I will say it’s the first time I have seen either team live this year and Cascade looked like some of the teams they had in the early to mid 2000’s explosive on offense and played shutdown defense. It will be interesting to see what their trajectories are for the rest of the season. Can Forrest get it together and get to the playoffs or will they lay down the rest of the season? Also, can Cascade use this dominant blowout to win out and make a run? 

• Like 1

Recap

This was the complete performance that all the CascadeHomer's have been waiting for this season.  

Offensively, the play-calling was stellar---Forrest had no answer for #5, #10, #15, or #21---#15 had Forrest players getting out of the way or diving at his ankles-- when they mustered the courage...

Defensively, Cascade knew every play that Forrest was running-as good or better than the Forrest kids---Forrest did not change, alter, amend, or even add a single wrinkle, to a single play. Either they were that over-confident or they have packed it in and 3-7 is a forgone conclusion.

Edited by cascadehomer

EPILOGUE ON A FOOTBALL PROGRAM

There was an old "The Far Side" cartoon that had an elephant sitting at a piano. The caption, essentially, in the elephant's words, was, "WHAT AM I DOING? I'M A FLAUTIST!!"

Coach Eli thinks Halloween is like an election cycle. He's been impersonating a head football coach for 4 years. 

Forrest, in the latest of a string of embarrassments in Coach Eli's tenure, got goose-egged by Cascade, 49-0, on their home field. This was the worst loss I can remember of any team, at any level, that I have ever cheered for, in any sport.

This program is on life support, and that is not an exaggeration. 

I will not do the following here, but I reserve the right to do so in the future:

- Outline the numerous signs/games that clearly indicated that he was in over his head. Including him TELLING the students that, verbatim. 

- Beat my chest about having been correct about this since day 1. 

- Remind everyone that it was me, and eventually, others, who pointed out that the 2019 team camo'ed all of Coach Eli's shortcomings, and he STILL almost screwed the pooch that season. 

I didn't attend the game. I watched bits and pieces. It was difficult to stomach, frankly. Once again, a team that Rocket teams ages 3 thru 14 destroy by mercy-rule routinely, flipped the script and mercy-ruled Forrest, who supposedly is fighting for a playoff berth. When is the last time Forrest DIDN'T make the playoffs? I cannot remember.  

This Forrest team was 2-0, and ranked #2 in the state in 2A in the August 29 Associated Press poll. 

They are now 3-4 with 3 games remaining. They will not be favored in any of them. They look completely lost from top to bottom. There's no fire, no competitive character, no resiliency, no answers, no desire, and for the last 5 weeks, everyone looks miserable. Bonus points if you can pick out the Butch Jones cliches from that last sentence. 

It was a game for the 1st quarter. Early, on 4th and 6, QB runs 30+ yards for a TD, and Forrest was ready to call it a night. However, at the end of the 1st, it was still a one-score game. Reminder, this is CASCADE. Not Marion. Not Peabody. Not Watertown 2018. 

On offense- they are gonna get #5 REALLY HURT.  Most boring predictable play calling garbage in human history. Swift is exhausted. Bells and Grissoms cannot do everything. Speaking of the older Grissom, he seems like one of the best athletes on the team. We have all these injuries and he gets in for .00001% of plays. Makes complete sense with this administration. We have tiny kids getting rag-dolled, but let's let #4 practice extra points on the sideline. IT'S FRIGGIN RIDICULOUS AIN'T IT!??!

On defense- what defense? Worst angles, pursuit, effort, coaching, and lack of adjustments, I have EVER seen at any level after several decades worth of watching games. Durbin still makes plays. The Tankersleys do also.   

Forrest fans that attended in person should have been given Purple Hearts on their way to the parking lot.

If I were a middle school parent of an 8th grader, or a high school parent of a frosh, soph or junior, I would demand a change or pull my kid. This is unconscionable. It's not rewarding. And it's dangerous how the same students are being put in harm's way with this staff's lack of competence. 

Put the middle school staff in. Johnson, Russell, Morgan, Daughrity. TWO straight undefeated seasons.  Everyone else can go. Today. I think Forrest could beat Richland and have a chance against MTP if they made these changes. A playoff berth could still happen. Call me naïve. Look at my history and I've been right a lot more than I've been wrong.

I'd also BEG Johns to reconsider. Don't know the man. But he is a billion times better than the current regime (THANKS LIONS CLUB!!!). Maybe he'd come back. Appeal to his loyalty to the program and Marshall Co as a whole. 

This is the most underperforming Rocket team in a long time. Maybe decades. Maybe EVER. It starts at the top. If you are a supporter or parent and have argued with me over my takes on here, I hold no grudges. You are welcome to join the enlightened and admit this is BROKEN. I do not blame you for hanging on. SURELY you see the writing on the wall now.  

If you want to continue to disagree with me, you are free to do so. I referenced the stages of grief in a previous recap. Maybe you aren't there yet. That's ok. 

This has been my message since the middle of Trump's presidency:  This current head coach cannot do this job.  He needs to be relieved of his duties. He looks so deflated. The defensive coordinator just looks overwhelmed, burnt out and eternally frustrated with collapse after collapse.

How did the defense get this bad? How did this offense become so useless? DON'T gimme injuries. We are not that thin.

There is internal bleeding here. We might never know all the answers. At this point, we don't need to.

MAKE A CHANGE. The next staff can fix this.  

10 hours ago, TradHunter said:

Big win for Cascade. All that smack talking earlier in the week from Chapel Hill is now hilarious. Chapel Hill will be 3-7 for the year and No Playoffs!  

It is kind of funny---man, they are such a bad team, you wonder how @Salem & @GeneralForrest still thought that after watching 6 games, this team could turn it around and win out...I know they are high on the 8th & 9th graders, so maybe in 3 years they will have a good team full of upperclassman.  FWIW, Cascade had at least 3 Freshman making tackles vs Forrest.  It's gonna be 3-7 so maybe they will get their wish and get a new coaching staff...

52 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

EPILOGUE ON A FOOTBALL PROGRAM

There was an old "The Far Side" cartoon that had an elephant sitting at a piano. The caption, essentially, in the elephant's words, was, "WHAT AM I DOING? I'M A FLAUTIST!!"

Coach Eli thinks Halloween is like an election cycle. He's been impersonating a head football coach for 4 years. 

Forrest, in the latest of a string of embarrassments in Coach Eli's tenure, got goose-egged by Cascade, 49-0, on their home field. This was the worst loss I can remember of any team, at any level, that I have ever cheered for, in any sport.

This program is on life support, and that is not an exaggeration. 

I will not do the following here, but I reserve the right to do so in the future:

- Outline the numerous signs/games that clearly indicated that he was in over his head. Including him TELLING the students that, verbatim. 

- Beat my chest about having been correct about this since day 1. 

- Remind everyone that it was me, and eventually, others, who pointed out that the 2019 team camo'ed all of Coach Eli's shortcomings, and he STILL almost screwed the pooch that season. 

I didn't attend the game. I watched bits and pieces. It was difficult to stomach, frankly. Once again, a team that Rocket teams ages 3 thru 14 destroy by mercy-rule routinely, flipped the script and mercy-ruled Forrest, who supposedly is fighting for a playoff berth. When is the last time Forrest DIDN'T make the playoffs? I cannot remember.  

This Forrest team was 2-0, and ranked #2 in the state in 2A in the August 29 Associated Press poll. 

They are now 3-4 with 3 games remaining. They will not be favored in any of them. They look completely lost from top to bottom. There's no fire, no competitive character, no resiliency, no answers, no desire, and for the last 5 weeks, everyone looks miserable. Bonus points if you can pick out the Butch Jones cliches from that last sentence. 

It was a game for the 1st quarter. Early, on 4th and 6, QB runs 30+ yards for a TD, and Forrest was ready to call it a night. However, at the end of the 1st, it was still a one-score game. Reminder, this is CASCADE. Not Marion. Not Peabody. Not Watertown 2018. 

On offense- they are gonna get #5 REALLY HURT.  Most boring predictable play calling garbage in human history. Swift is exhausted. Bells and Grissoms cannot do everything. Speaking of the older Grissom, he seems like one of the best athletes on the team. We have all these injuries and he gets in for .00001% of plays. Makes complete sense with this administration. We have tiny kids getting rag-dolled, but let's let #4 practice extra points on the sideline. IT'S FRIGGIN RIDICULOUS AIN'T IT!??!

On defense- what defense? Worst angles, pursuit, effort, coaching, and lack of adjustments, I have EVER seen at any level after several decades worth of watching games. Durbin still makes plays. The Tankersleys do also.   

Forrest fans that attended in person should have been given Purple Hearts on their way to the parking lot.

If I were a middle school parent of an 8th grader, or a high school parent of a frosh, soph or junior, I would demand a change or pull my kid. This is unconscionable. It's not rewarding. And it's dangerous how the same students are being put in harm's way with this staff's lack of competence. 

Put the middle school staff in. Johnson, Russell, Morgan, Daughrity. TWO straight undefeated seasons.  Everyone else can go. Today. I think Forrest could beat Richland and have a chance against MTP if they made these changes. A playoff berth could still happen. Call me naïve. Look at my history and I've been right a lot more than I've been wrong.

I'd also BEG Johns to reconsider. Don't know the man. But he is a billion times better than the current regime (THANKS LIONS CLUB!!!). Maybe he'd come back. Appeal to his loyalty to the program and Marshall Co as a whole. 

This is the most underperforming Rocket team in a long time. Maybe decades. Maybe EVER. It starts at the top. If you are a supporter or parent and have argued with me over my takes on here, I hold no grudges. You are welcome to join the enlightened and admit this is BROKEN. I do not blame you for hanging on. SURELY you see the writing on the wall now.  

If you want to continue to disagree with me, you are free to do so. I referenced the stages of grief in a previous recap. Maybe you aren't there yet. That's ok. 

This has been my message since the middle of Trump's presidency:  This current head coach cannot do this job.  He needs to be relieved of his duties. He looks so deflated. The defensive coordinator just looks overwhelmed, burnt out and eternally frustrated with collapse after collapse.

How did the defense get this bad? How did this offense become so useless? DON'T gimme injuries. We are not that thin.

There is internal bleeding here. We might never know all the answers. At this point, we don't need to.

MAKE A CHANGE. The next staff can fix this.  

I know it's mostly on Eli from your perspective, but are you willing to throw me a bone & say that this Cascade team is not Eagleville?  Would you be willing to say that Cascade is a little bigger & faster & more athletic & aggressive, than Eagleville?

19 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

I know it's mostly on Eli from your perspective, but are you willing to throw me a bone & say that this Cascade team is not Eagleville?  Would you be willing to say that Cascade is a little bigger & faster & more athletic & aggressive, than Eagleville?

No idea. You guys got drubbed by Richland. That's inexplicable. Would you beat Eagleville head to head? I honestly don't know. They beat Wayne who beat Loretto who might beat you guys. It's an endless spiral of attempting to guess. 

Were you and are you better than us right now? By a mile.