Hillwood at Tullahoma

PercyPeabody

4 minutes ago, TTownFan50 said:

Wildcats should win Friday Night!

I have been watching Tullahoma football pretty consistently for the past 10 years, this class has a couple of good players, but so did the two 0-10 teams.  This team is not nearly as talented as last years team,  just stating a fact.  And coaches cannot make something that isn’t there, As with any team it’s debatable if one kid would better in this spot versus that spot.  I don’t care how much playing time they get, point being that last year in the second half of games was pathetic, hand off 3 times and punt, possible fumble the ball. I knew right then this was going to be a rough year.  Take the 2 running backs and 1 wide receiver  off the field and these kids accounted for zero points last year.  I have said all along it they win 5 games I would consider it a successful season.  They have a lot of work to do in the remaining 5 games to get to that mark….these are the same coaches from last year so go figure, the mess in the locker room isn’t new, maybe a different flavor, but the coaches did not all of a sudden consciously say they were going to let the kids run amuck.  Come-On Man Seriously… 

I want to add that I see some speed on the team and that with 107 kids playing the future appears bright, but only time will tell.  One thing that made last years team so dominant was the offensive and defensive lines.  So the rebuild starts there!

I do wish the team and coaches all the best and look forward to seeing them excel! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTownFan50 said:

Wildcats should win Friday Night!

I have been watching Tullahoma football pretty consistently for the past 10 years, this class has a couple of good players, but so did the two 0-10 teams.  This team is not nearly as talented as last years team,  just stating a fact.  And coaches cannot make something that isn’t there, As with any team it’s debatable if one kid would better in this spot versus that spot.  I don’t care how much playing time they get, point being that last year in the second half of games was pathetic, hand off 3 times and punt, possible fumble the ball. I knew right then this was going to be a rough year.  Take the 2 running backs and 1 wide receiver  off the field and these kids accounted for zero points last year.  I have said all along it they win 5 games I would consider it a successful season.  They have a lot of work to do in the remaining 5 games to get to that mark….these are the same coaches from last year so go figure, the mess in the locker room isn’t new, maybe a different flavor, but the coaches did not all of a sudden consciously say they were going to let the kids run amuck.  Come-On Man Seriously… 

I've been watching Tullahoma FB for roughly 45+ years, played there and had kids play there.  The head coach they had didn't allow the things that are happening now.  He made sure the assistant coaches did their job.  He is gone now and not involved in the daily running of the program.  No one on staff has ever been a head coach.  Maybe the coaches are too buddy buddy with the players and can't make them do their job.  Respect.  It is amuck or this wouldn't happen in the locker room.  This team has had more work then most teams coming into a season after a good year. Full JV season and 15 games on the Varsity practicing.   The coaches need to be coaching them up at every position.  With this they would cut out the mental mistakes.  They can't even line up.  That is a fundamental part of FB from the first day of Pop warner fb.  Where were the videos, pics and harassment of young freshmen when Coach Olive was in charge?

1 hour ago, MountRushmore1 said:

I've been watching Tullahoma FB for roughly 45+ years, played there and had kids play there.  The head coach they had didn't allow the things that are happening now.  He made sure the assistant coaches did their job.  He is gone now and not involved in the daily running of the program.  No one on staff has ever been a head coach.  Maybe the coaches are too buddy buddy with the players and can't make them do their job.  Respect.  It is amuck or this wouldn't happen in the locker room.  This team has had more work then most teams coming into a season after a good year. Full JV season and 15 games on the Varsity practicing.   The coaches need to be coaching them up at every position.  With this they would cut out the mental mistakes.  They can't even line up.  That is a fundamental part of FB from the first day of Pop warner fb.  Where were the videos, pics and harassment of young freshmen when Coach Olive was in charge?

I am not condoning the events that took place, it’s really a sad event, but if coaches were assigned to watching the locker room last year, why wouldn’t those same coaches keep doing that job this year?These are the same coaches that were there last year, the philosophy about watching the locker room didn’t change overnigh.Poor behavior, such as hazing,  has been happening at some level for years in the locker rooms everywhere…just like the current condition of the US, it didn’t happen overnight!!!!!

Edited by TTownFan50

18 hours ago, TTownFan50 said:

I am not condoning the events that took place, it’s really a sad event, but if coaches were assigned to watching the locker room last year, why wouldn’t those same coaches keep doing that job this year?These are the same coaches that were there last year, the philosophy about watching the locker room didn’t change overnigh.Poor behavior, such as hazing,  has been happening at some level for years in the locker rooms everywhere…just like the current condition of the US, it didn’t happen overnight!!!!!

Amen Brother. . Basically same coaching staff. Moved D Coordinator Sisk to HC. And Olive is still the AD. He’s there overseeing the Program. You can be assured that if Olive foresaw any issues with either the staff or the kids thru spring summer practice or so far during the season it would have been addressed. There is no systematic problem with the program. Everyone knew whoever the HC was this season was going to be uphill. 4 or 5 wins at best was what everyone expected going into the season. And that’s still a possibility. I guarantee there’s no one more Disappointed by this kids locker room nonsense than Olive and Sisk. But to complain about everything from which kids are playing to the color of the uniforms is really getting old. These kids and coaches are working just as hard as they did last year. Just look at the attendance this year compared to last. I was in Chattanooga and on the THS side you would have thought Jesus Christ was coming back. 15,000 fair weather fans all screaming and yelling on every play all decked out in cardinal and black with the whole family in tow. 
Where are you folks now other than to ###### and moan about Everything. If all you nay sayers are so worried about the team then where are you on Friday Night? Either support your Program thru think and thin and Show Up or Shut Up. I’m sick of it 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MountRushmore1 said:

I think it is funny how people keep saying they lost everyone.  Every year teams lose players.  When last years bunch were Freshman and Sophomores they lost a lot in front of them.  Then they went undefeated two years in a row during the regular season.  This years group played a lot vs. the kids they are playing each Friday this year.  They played 1/2 a game in most situations.  Maybe the Coaches haven't coached them up.  Resting on the last 3 years with really smart athletic kids.  This group needs to be coached.  You can tell the QB isn't getting much coaching.  Lots of athletic kids on the team but the best is not being brought out in them.  No head coaching experience on the staff but you can tell that by the turmoil.

Or maybe the kids aren’t coachable? Think about this, the juniors this year has probably been coached the same way for three years, correct? Coached along side those seniors last year. These kids that or on the team this year have spent time to learn and be coached by pretty much the same staff. Maybe the kids aren’t as good as everyone wishes. Y’all are saying they played a lot last year, y’all have seen them play this year. Not everything is on the coaches, not everything is on the players. Let’s be realistic though. 

20 hours ago, MountRushmore1 said:

You seem like the kinda guy who complains about your senior 10ct coffee at Hardee’s on Sunday Morning not being Hot. 

I still attend games so I'll call em how I see em. 

I think some folks are missing the big picture. Let's look at last year in a nut shell. What has changed from the undefeated group? They had talent last year with pretty much the same coaching staff. So what's different this year? They lost the talent but still have the same coaching staff. The reason they won it all last year is because the talent overcame the coaching. The coaching was mediocre then and hasn't changed. They are who we thought they were! Before everyone gets upset at me, save this and let's see if things are better in 2023-2025. If they are I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but I believe this thing is going to snowball into below .500 ball. 

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

Edited by PercyPeabody

"I still attend games so I'll call em how I see em. 

I think some folks are missing the big picture. Let's look at last year in a nut shell. What has changed from the undefeated group? They had talent last year with pretty much the same coaching staff. So what's different this year? They lost the talent but still have the same coaching staff. The reason they won it all last year is because the talent overcame the coaching. The coaching was mediocre then and hasn't changed. They are who we thought they were! Before everyone gets upset at me, save this and let's see if things are better in 2023-2025. If they are I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but I believe this thing is going to snowball into below .500 ball. "

I thought Tullahoma was well coached last year and very talented especially on the OL/DL.  Haven't watched film of this years' team so i can't comment on anything current. I don't think you are looking at the big picture. They had their best season ever last year so obviously this year was going to be different. They may be under 500 this year as this is a tough, large region.  I expect next years team to have better results. If suspensions are still ongoing, you need to cut this coaching staff some slack and get behind the program. 

Edited by 18NCS

1 hour ago, 18NCS said:

I thought Tullahoma was well coached last year and very talented especially on the OL/DL.  Haven't watched film of this years' team so i can't comment on anything current. I don't think you are looking at the big picture. They had their best season ever last year so obviously this year was going to be different. They may be under 500 this year as this is a tough, large region.  I expect next years team to have better results. If suspensions are still ongoing, you need to cut this coaching staff some slack and get behind the program. 

I am looking long term that's why I mentioned seasons 2023 thru 2025. This season most are giving a mulligan. I realize graduation along with suspensions has taken a toll. Where I am concerned is nothing has changed schematically from game 1 until now. I'm not sure how you are expecting things to be better next year with a coaching staff that cannot adjust. They don't have the same personnel so make adjustments and maximize with what you do have. By the way I am behind the program I'm one of the few still attending.

As far as the region goes let's look at the overall record of this tough, large region you mentioned. 

Tullahoma 1-4

Creekwood 3-3

Marshall Co 5-0

Hillwood 1-5

Greenbrier 3-2

Montgomery Central 2-4

Lawrence Co 4-2

Glencliff 0-5

Pearl Cohn 4-2

Nine teams in the region only 4 have a winning record. Tullahoma should make the playoffs in this region every year even if the roster was cut in half. 

21 minutes ago, Ttown58 said:

I have lived in Tullahoma all my life, we have always been up and down.  There is not a team in this area, Moore County, Franklin County, Coffee County, that doesn't goes through  this, where you have  classes more   talented than others. Only teams such as Oakland, or some of the other power houses across this  state reload year after year.

The 2021 team, was the best in school history, those players came up through the system, and  some started for 3 years.   Anyone should have known that this year, was going to be a major rebuilding year, any team  that loses 20 seniors, is  going to struggle.  Look at Summit, for example, they  lost a lot of seniors, they're struggling this year, they're not as bad as Tullahoma, buy they are down also.

Despite all the negative comments on here, this season  is not over. We still have a chance to to go 4-6, the suspended players are returning, and some of the players who have been out injured are returning. 

I don't understand all the talk about losing 22 seniors. We are beating a dead horse. This team without those seniors should have finished 5-5 at worst. There's still a chance for it especially with all these returning players from injury and suspension. Time for the players and coaches to prove themselves and produce. Looking forward to the last five weeks.