2. White House Heritage:

Season Start: 2-0 Wins over Portland 49-46 and Liberty Creek 53-45

3. Sycamore:

Season start: 0-2 Losses to Springfield 60-55 and West Creek 78-62 

4. Harpeth:

Season start: 0-2 Losses to Greenbrier 57-29 and Camden 76-57 

Give us another rupdate like this one 

1. Fairview- 10-0

I think Fairview is a very good team, with a good combination of height and skill. they have not played any teams to date I would consider a test. The Christmas tourney period will tell a lot. I am excited to watch them match up with some teams on their schedule as the season continues 

2. Cheatham- 9-2

I still consider Cheatham at the top with Fairview, but with two losses I cannot rank them above or with them. I think the Christmas tournaments will let a lot of teams know where they stand. If Cheatham has a strong showing in their respective Christmas tournaments I can see putting them at the top.

3. Harpeth- 6-4

Winners of 6 straight Harpeth is playing some good ball. The strength of their early season schedule is paying off as it seems to have prepared them for district play. I still see them at as strong three for the rankings right now with Heritage right behind them. 

4. White House Heritage- 5-4

WHH has played some up-and-down basketball so far this season. I think if they can find some consistency they can still compete in this district. WHH has a busy week ahead I am interested to see what they can do. 

5. Sycamore- 4-7 

Being the only team in the region with a losing record I have to have them 5. I do think they have the potential to get better and compete in the region. They have played a tough schedule to this point and I look for them to keep improving. 

OVERALL DISTRICT- 34-17

This district is shaping up to be very tough I completely expect whichever teams come out of the district should win the region, and probably even push past the sub-state. Looking forward to the rest of the year and to seeing all the teams compete against each other. 

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 2:17 PM, MIDTNBBALLGUY said:

1. Fairview- 10-0

I think Fairview is a very good team, with a good combination of height and skill. they have not played any teams to date I would consider a test. The Christmas tourney period will tell a lot. I am excited to watch them match up with some teams on their schedule as the season continues 

2. Cheatham- 9-2

I still consider Cheatham at the top with Fairview, but with two losses I cannot rank them above or with them. I think the Christmas tournaments will let a lot of teams know where they stand. If Cheatham has a strong showing in their respective Christmas tournaments I can see putting them at the top.

3. Harpeth- 6-4

Winners of 6 straight Harpeth is playing some good ball. The strength of their early season schedule is paying off as it seems to have prepared them for district play. I still see them at as strong three for the rankings right now with Heritage right behind them. 

4. White House Heritage- 5-4

WHH has played some up-and-down basketball so far this season. I think if they can find some consistency they can still compete in this district. WHH has a busy week ahead I am interested to see what they can do. 

5. Sycamore- 4-7 

Being the only team in the region with a losing record I have to have them 5. I do think they have the potential to get better and compete in the region. They have played a tough schedule to this point and I look for them to keep improving. 

OVERALL DISTRICT- 34-17

This district is shaping up to be very tough I completely expect whichever teams come out of the district should win the region, and probably even push past the sub-state. Looking forward to the rest of the year and to seeing all the teams compete against each other. 

I agree. Fairview has maybe 2 games that might have proven something for them. However, I don’t see them losing the district. Maybe dropping one to Cheatham or Harpeth.

Cheatham has potential to compete with Fairview but also split games with Harpeth and heritage. Depends on who steps up. 

Harpeth is a strong 3rd. They are really deep. Alan it a new leading scorer every game. They might surprise me and somehow get ahead of Cheatham with a split and some help from another team beating Cheatham.  

Heritage will probably stay around 4th unless Harpeth loses its momentum, I don’t see them taking 3rd. 

Just not seeing it from sycamore. They haven’t done anything that impressed me at the games I saw. They play hard but I don’t see them playing at the lvl Cheatham, Harpeth are at right now. 

Very impressed with the district. We aren’t blowing all the teams away in points, but they are winning games and that’s what’s important 

1a. Cheatham 12-3 . Have won 10 of 11 and only loss was to Antioch by 1 point. A game the played without their leading scorer. They have a good wins against Greenbrier, MLK, and Overton. Big Game against Pearl Cohn can they keep it respectable is the question.

1a. Fairview 10-0 , will finally have a test against Independence High . Only team they have beat above 500 is nolensville.

Harpeth and Heritage have close to same records with no good wins. Harpeth on big win streak which is nice but they  catch a “monster” in Goodpasture next.

sycamore…..

Edited by BeamerBall2

9 hours ago, BeamerBall2 said:

1a. Cheatham 12-3 . Have won 10 of 11 and only loss was to Antioch by 1 point. A game the played without their leading scorer. They have a good wins against Greenbrier, MLK, and Overton. Big Game against Pearl Cohn can they keep it respectable is the question.

1a. Fairview 10-0 , will finally have a test against Independence High . Only team they have beat above 500 is nolensville.

Harpeth and Heritage have close to same records with no good wins. Harpeth on big win streak which is nice but they  catch a “monster” in Goodpasture next.

sycamore…..

Fairview lost to Glallatin yesterday. I think that was a good test for them. Held their own for a while. Cheatham and Harpeth couldn’t pull out wins. Cheatham lost to pearl by a bit. Also, From my understanding, MLK was missing a few for the Cheatham game. Idk if I would call Overton a good win since they have losing record. Harpeth got spanked today. 1-12 is solid for goodpasture. Harpeth played UgLy. Maybe on a good day could’ve kept it between 10-15

I think we all agree on how the district is laying out so far… 

fairview, Cheatham, heritage/Harpeth…………………. Sycamore 

8 hours ago, BackThatPassUp said:

Fairview lost to Glallatin yesterday. I think that was a good test for them. Held their own for a while. Cheatham and Harpeth couldn’t pull out wins. Cheatham lost to pearl by a bit. Also, From my understanding, MLK was missing a few for the Cheatham game. Idk if I would call Overton a good win since they have losing record. Harpeth got spanked today. 1-12 is solid for goodpasture. Harpeth played UgLy. Maybe on a good day could’ve kept it between 10-15

I think we all agree on how the district is laying out so far… 

fairview, Cheatham, heritage/Harpeth…………………. Sycamore 

Backthatpassup…you definitely have to have a kid or something on Harpeth if you could ever see that game being 10 to 15. I was at that game and they had 28 to 26 point lead in 4th with second and 3rd team guys. They pulled starters in the 3rd

Overton is a good win considering they have almost 2000 kids and can beat anyone in this district. 
The MLK win is still a good win and better than almost any win in this district so far.

If Overton or MLk was in this region they would be the favorite.

Edited by BeamerBall2

47 minutes ago, BeamerBall2 said:

Backthatpassup…you definitely have to have a kid or something on Harpeth if you could ever see that game being 10 to 15. I was at that game and they had 28 to 26 point lead in 4th with second and 3rd team guys. They pulled starters in the 3rd

Overton is a good win considering they have almost 2000 kids and can beat anyone in this district. 
The MLK win is still a good win and better than almost any win in this district so far.

If Overton or MLk was in this region they would be the favorite.

Easy now, haha. Not trying to talk trash. Just staying my opinion like you did.

I don’t have any kids on Harpeth. Could probably say the same about you for Cheatham.. anyway…

Yes, they pulled the starters, however they have those 2nd and third string guys in rotation. Most of those kids that finished the game came in with 3 mins to go in the first. Not like those kids kids are just bench riders. 
I’m glad you were at that game. That was one of harpeths worse performances since they played Greenbrier. It was a number 10 show. You can’t play 1v1 against good pasture and expect to win. 

You can’t play transitive property. Just because you think one team is good, doesn’t mean they can win a district because of how they did against your team.  
Fun fact, all of Harpeths  losses are to teams ranked in top 10 of their classes and to schools larger than them and or private. 

Not that I should explain, but I don’t have any kids in this fight. Just a basketball fan that moved into the district years ago and follow sports. 

I don’t just look at box scores, I have a subscribsion to NHFS. If I can’t watch the games live, I watch on there. 

Cubs beat Maplewood in consolidation game for 3rd place. 13 and 4 on the season.

Any win is a good win over Metro teams. It’s a different ballgame up there and when we can compete and win is huge. The pearl game was close going into 4th quarter. Then they pulled away.

Overton will struggle in 4a but yes in 2A they would be huge favorites. Disagree on MlK the lost to a terrible Clarksville High team. 

All Harpeths defeats are against bigger teams but so is Fairviews, cheathams and sycamores. Heritage has 1 bad loss to White House their other losses are legit . 

Edited by Bamapappy

On 1/14/2023 at 3:18 PM, howdoitknow said:

The Cheatham County at Fairview game was very good.  Fairview jumped out to a 15-0 lead and it looked like a blowout was about to occur.  Cheatham County rallied and lost by 2 points with a shot to win in the end.  

I hope #10 for the Cubs isn’t hurt too badly.  His injury last night on the final possession of the game was tough.  He’s a good kid, comes from a good family, and has worked his tail off to become a good basketball player.  

Harpeth is also a team that’s in the mix for the district it seems.  They played Fairview to a one point game on Tuesday night.  

It was a good game. Thought Fairview was going to put them away big time. Cheatham showed they can fight back. 

Harpeth lacks experience and it showed in the Fairview loss. They proved they can play with the best. Tomorrow vs Cheatham should be a good one. 

I think Fairview is going to blow wHH out of the water tomorrow