BOYS AA DISTRICT 9 PREDICTIONS

MIDTNBBALLGUY

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

They return both Dillingham and McCoy next year.  They’ll be in AAA but I’m sure they’ll win their fair share of games with those guys returning.  

When this group got to high school many people questioned how good they would be.  Fairview had just won the district two years in a row in Trey McCoy’s first two seasons and many people felt like the basketball program would be mediocre at best when the guys like Estes and Turner graduated in 2019.  

Looking at it today Coach McCoy has been the head coach for 6 years and when you look at Fairview basketball the last 6 years they are one point away from having 6 consecutive district championships.  

Cool but, no one thought they would be mediocre. These kids dominated in middle school. They went to the state championship one year and I think the semis another haha. 

10 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

They return both Dillingham and McCoy next year.  They’ll be in AAA but I’m sure they’ll win their fair share of games with those guys returning.  

When this group got to high school many people questioned how good they would be.  Fairview had just won the district two years in a row in Trey McCoy’s first two seasons and many people felt like the basketball program would be mediocre at best when the guys like Estes and Turner graduated in 2019.  

Looking at it today Coach McCoy has been the head coach for 6 years and when you look at Fairview basketball the last 6 years they are one point away from having 6 consecutive district championships.  

Harpeth and Cheatham are competing against these schools that have 300-400 more students. That’s pretty impressive.