Unicoi County vs. Chuckey Doak

BlueDevilForksUp

That's why I said their lack of scheduling good teams would catch up eventually. I mean literally look at Unicoi's non conference schedule. You play Cosby who over the past 3 years has a 6-24 overall record. Than you have Northview Academy who over the past 3 years is 9-17.

What's funny is you have teams like Hampton which you guys don't play anymore and was a great home and away gate game by the way with an enrollment a little over 400 playing teams like 5A Daniel Boone who has over a thousand students and Gatlinburg Pittman who averages almost 650-700 students. Opposed to two teams on your schedule Cloudland and Cosby who don't even combine enrollment wise the same number of students you guys have. Not to mention teams like Chuckey Doak who is in your conference playing Knox Catholic the past couple of years says alot about Unicoi's direction as a program. Pad that win/stats column so you have something to fall back on after running into Alcoa in the playoffs.

Edited by Bigslydog1983

6 hours ago, Bigslydog1983 said:

That's why I said their lack of scheduling good teams would catch up eventually. I mean literally look at Unicoi's non conference schedule. You play Cosby who over the past 3 years has a 6-24 overall record. Than you have Northview Academy who over the past 3 years is 9-17.

What's funny is you have teams like Hampton which you guys don't play anymore and was a great home and away gate game by the way with an enrollment a little over 400 playing teams like 5A Daniel Boone who has over a thousand students and Gatlinburg Pittman who averages almost 650-700 students. Opposed to two teams on your schedule Cloudland and Cosby who don't even combine enrollment wise the same number of students you guys have. Not to mention teams like Chuckey Doak who is in your conference playing Knox Catholic the past couple of years says alot about Unicoi's direction as a program. Pad that win/stats column so you have something to fall back on after running into Alcoa in the playoffs.

GP is a small school and your numbers are wrong on them.. They only have around 540 students . They may be in Hampton’s region next year in AA. Northview may be in 4A next year 

And to add to that, look at where our program was 10-15 years ago. 

You have to start somewhere. 

Not to mention Chuckey Doak was trailing us 20-6. Hats off to them. They did what they had to do. Our boys know what they need to work on. 

And if they don’t then it’s not the end of the world. I am proud of them. 

To the people who threw beer bottles, you don’t deserve to call yourselves Blue Devils. Those people should be ashamed to do that at game with kids. 

Edited by BlueDevilForksUp
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BlueDevilForksUp said:

Wow. Talk about negative. You can’t help who you play. I mean. These are kids.

It’s like Volunteer. They have a tough schedule. They can’t help that. Neither can Unicoi. 

Not sure what this means. Do you mean the kids can’t help who they play?

I agree that they don’t control the conference portion of the schedule, but the coaches/administration have complete say in the non-conference part. Playing cupcakes don’t help when the the playoffs start.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, B-Ball Fan said:

Not sure what this means. Do you mean the kids can’t help who they play?

I agree that they don’t control the conference portion of the schedule, but the coaches/administration have complete say in the non-conference part. Playing cupcakes don’t help when the the playoffs start.

This thread has had almost nothing but arrogance. 

It’s been nothing but people griping about Unicoi County’s schedule. Why can’t people congratulate Unicoi County on the program’s improvement? Does it make you feel better about the KIDS from your own community?

I agree that playing cupcakes doesn’t help during the playoffs. It is what it is. Who do you expect Unicoi County to play? Bama? 

Keep in mind that the same team that beat Unicoi County last night was down 20-6 at one point. 

The people on this forum seem to have an arrogance problem. I just saw a post from a guy from Anderson County chest thumping over beating a down Elizabethton team.