Halls vs Sevier Co

Hartleyrick

4 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

I think Halls will beat Sevier County this week. I think the Freshman QB will be the difference maker. The Sevier County defense has played well against average teams at best. Against the only true offensive powerhouse, West put up 49 rather easily. Halls is too explosive on offense and Sevier County's offense will struggle to score any points. 

...and after Friday night West will still be the only offensive powerhouse Sevier County has played. SC in this one!

38 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Sevier County used to have 2 posters here on the T.  One was a coach and the other was sdotbears.  Anybody know whatever happened to Sdot?  He's a good dude/poster.

No, I don’t, but I remember him. You are correct, he was a good poster. Most of the people I have met from Sevier county have seemed to be good people.

On 9/29/2022 at 10:59 AM, oridgecat said:

Sevier County used to have 2 posters here on the T.  One was a coach and the other was sdotbears.  Anybody know whatever happened to Sdot?  He's a good dude/poster.

Sdot got in touch with me this morning and told me he was embarrassed by a coach that ducks OR and DB so he can play William Blount and Pigeon Forge. That was his very words.

I have followed on Coach T for years and even though I rarely post....as a lifelong Sevier Co. resident and fan I would throw my two cents in about a few things.  One of the bigger things I think people may not realize is in the last 23 years 2 high schools (Pigeon Forge and Northivew ) have opened and affected the football program.  SC had a nice run with 2 semifinal appearances ('97 and '99) with the State Championship in '99.  There was a lull after Pigeon Forge opened and eventually SC had another run from mid 2000's till championship appearance in 2015.  Northview opened right at the end of that run and those missing numbers have hurt SC.  While Sevier Co. may have grown....we aren't Rutherford County where a high school opens and has 1700-2k students a few years after it opens.  Gatlinburg-Pittman and Seymour enrollments may have been affected but not like SC. For instance, my children were 3 graduating classes apart at SC and one had 535 in their class and the next one had 230.  Moreover, SC was blessed with some great athletes in those two runs. ( Jason Layman, James and Jeremy Bates, Allen Mogridge, Joey Mathews, Shane Kelley, Logan McCarter, Duece Wallace, etc).  They also almost always had a qb who could throw really well and thrive in Coach Brewer's offense. I too would like a better schedule but can't control that.  Finally, and If I'm wrong about this...I would like to know....I would imagine most 4A-5A schools have at least 2 feeder programs.  SC has one. The other school that feeds SC doesn't have a program...those kids play for SC feeder.  So I believe there are a bunch of things at work.  I enjoy being on Coach T and again just my 2 cents about SC.