Dobyns-Bennett 2022-2023 Early Outlook

TribalEmpire

4 hours ago, Pioneers1982 said:

You better get yours facts right before coming at me. North was a 1a school.

I should have been more clear with my "facts". I just didn't realize I was dealing with an idiot. When North was built they had 1500 students. In other words the "Gym" was not a 1a gym. A few years ago the City annexed that area and almost half the students started going to DB which reduced the student body to a little over 600. So in fact the Gym was built for a student body of 1500. It's not a 1a gym. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I should have been more clear with my "facts". I just didn't realize I was dealing with an idiot. When North was built they had 1500 students. In other words the "Gym" was not a 1a gym. A few years ago the City annexed that area and almost half the students started going to DB which reduced the student body to a little over 600. So in fact the Gym was built for a student body of 1500. It's not a 1a gym. 

Just like an Indian fan resorting to name calling.

14 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I mean you did say “You better get your facts right before coming at me. North was a 1a school.” it was an idiot comment since in fact you didn’t know that it was built for 1,500 students and didn’t know any facts at all…..

When it closed it was 1a and that was a fact. It does look nice but they need to put  padding up behind baskets before someone gets seriously injured.

1 hour ago, Pioneers1982 said:

When it closed it was 1a and that was a fact. It does look nice but they need to put  padding up behind baskets before someone gets seriously injured.

That has nothing to do how big the school was and in fact it was a 2a school for football when it closed.  If it was built as a 1a school and had a 1a size gym then you would be right but it shows you have no clue about the size of North’s old campus or the school.

Well, seeing as I never saw a game at North and had never been in that gym, I was very impressed with it.  I considered Science Hill the best gym in the conference until Friday night.  Now I think we have it.  I wouldn't mind that becoming our permanent home, even though I know it's not in the plan.  Great crowd Friday night as well, though now that the "new" has worn off, I'd say the crowds won't be near as large except for maybe this week for the Alpha and when we play The Hill.

The Tribe played much better last week.  I know Greeneville was without Dabbs, but that was still an impressive win going on the road and whipping them in their house.  And getting revenge on Volunteer was great as well.  Hopefully someway we can get a rubber match with them this week in the Alpha to settle the series for the year.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:34 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Absolutely correct.

• Like 1