LENOIR CITY @ CLINTON

92Dragon

The head football coach has zero authority in Clinton.  That’s why Gaylor left in 99 after having the best 10 year run in school history.  That’s why the program fell so far in the early 2000’s…that’s why Shattuck (who was bringing life back into the program) left. (You can say whatever you want about that).  That’s why his replacement, who everyone on planet earth thought should have been Scotty Herrell…WASN’T.  That’s why Josh Kerr, who grew up hating Clinton, somehow got the job.  That’s how a man that builds a multi-million dollar facility and has plans to build a brand new stadium on campus, gets fired after 3 seasons.  That’s how a coach is recommended and hired by the head principal only to be told NO BY THE POWERS THAT BE IN CLINTON and the “POWERS” go out and hire Keith!  That principal is now enjoying life in Alcoa!  Clinton hates Clinton people!  There are too many selfish people that want credit for everything in this town!  The school is gone in the crapper as far as education and discipline are concerned.  That’s a fact that can be proved by one statistic…90% of students in the alternative school are Clinton students!  Until certain people die off or whatever needs to happen…CHS WILL CONTINUE TO BE A DUMPSTER FIRE! I for one am basking in the fact I get to watch it burn.

Always had a funny feeling about that place, when Maryville used . .to play them couple of years back we would go there and you couldn't find a seat. Then at halftime 80% of the Clinton crowd would leave when the band come off the field. I had to sit on the Clinton side one visit and after everyone left at halftime the cheerleaders were throwing plastic footballs into the empty stands that no one even kids were wanting. I must of picked up six of them on my way out, I couldn't believe it. I ask one old man why he was leaving and he said we all leave after the band plays, he said nobody wants to set around and watch that garbage. I will never forget that long as I live. The next time I ever went there was when a family member played for GCA for a jamboree and the home side switched sides to some new aluminum bleachers I noticed. Hate it for the fans at Clinton their having to deal with cancer inside the city that are the cause of the problems there. You see it in almost all losing programs everywhere which is a crying shame.

That new LC Coach Dugger is good.  His guys are fighting for him tooth and nail with all they got to give.  Their fans are a great group of country folk that are so positive and supportive week in week out, even if they only win a couple two-three games a year.  It's a breath of fresh air just to be around their fans.  SS Knows what I'm sayin.  There's more to it than wins and losses.