LENOIR CITY @ CLINTON

92Dragon

3 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

That's a weird record. Did he retire or get fired? What was the end result in 2009, great record that season.

I believe he quit on his own to go someplace else, but I may be wrong. That 09 team was the team that had Weston Hazelhurst & Darian Stone (may have spelled his first name wrong). If I remember correctly, they got beat by AC in the quarterfinals. I’m sure 92 will correct me if I’m wrong about any of that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I guess when I said the coach would probably leave after his son graduated ruffled some feathers and made some people upset.  The more I thought about it, the madder I got. I have just as much right to get on here and express my opinions as the next person.

I've been a Dragon Fan since I was in elementary school. I've stuck with them through the good and the bad, and Lord knows there's been plenty of bad. But I think I'm DONE!!  Someone calling me yesterday to let me know that my comment upset someone was going a little too far as far as I'm concerned. 

I personally like and respect  Coach Keith and what he's doing at Clinton, but people associated with coaching knows you can't control what people think or may say especially on a message board. People's opinions are what these message boards are all about.  I never meant to offend or disrespect anyone or I wouldn't have said it.

92, You played for the Dragons, you played for the city of Clinton. Just cause a couple of hateful folks said something doesn't mean you should drop your CHS patriotism.

I'm an OR guy since 1954, but, if I was raised in Clinton, I'd be Mr Dragon. A whole lot of life is an accident of birth honestly.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, 92Dragon said:

Well, one of these teams will get their first region win of the season this week.  LC took Karns down to the wire and lost 38-36. Clinton lost in OT to Campbell County 54-48. 

Will this be another shootout or will Clinton's defense show up this week and help out the offense?

Thoughts & predictions?

92 theres few people on here that really represent their school year in and out.Believe me,I have made a ton mad over the years speaking my mind but its mine to speak as is yours.Offending the players or calling kids out is whole different matter but adults can just get over!!!Much respect from this Greenback poster.Good luck to your Dragons!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I believe he quit on his own to go someplace else, but I may be wrong. That 09 team was the team that had Weston Hazelhurst & Darian Stone (may have spelled his first name wrong). If I remember correctly, they got beat by AC in the quarterfinals. I’m sure 92 will correct me if I’m wrong about any of that.

He did, he's been in the DC area since 2011, mostly as a school administrator/AD.

AC knocked them out in the 2nd round in 2009. 92 would remember, but I think Hazelhurst was injured and it completely changed that game. AC did the same thing to Powell in the second round the following year, with Mobley being suspended for the playoffs.

12 hours ago, FrmrDragonMav said:

Once the TSSAA finds out all the details on the recruiting going in Clinton and the players “living” with the head coach and others he won’t have a choice to but to leave.  It’s a matter of time. Now is when you go look at my profile and see I just joined and made this account.  That’s because I have never posted before and I couldn’t keep quite on this one 

quiet*

2 minutes ago, wompuscat said:

This thread took a crazy turn.  What's everyone's thoughts on this one? How does LC look? How does Clinton look?

LC is ok (better than last year)

Clinton is pretty good

This game most likely determines 5th and 6th place in the region.  

Edited by oridgecat