Region 1 4A Games and Discussions

noonesfool

Due to limited posters and to be honest with you I had no idea who was in 3rd or 4th in Region 1. Playoffs are around the corner and a larger group discussing the region could be more engaging.

GAMES

Volunteer at Elizabethton.  

Greeneville at Sullivan East

Granger at Seymour.

Edited by noonesfool

The real story here is can Betsy finish strong, continue to improve, stay healthy, and ruin a few teams season in the playoffs? If they do, I wouldn’t want to play them. The stage doesn’t seem to be too big for a team that has Sophomore-Senior with 1-3 seasons respectively with TSSAA Title Game experience. And a coaching staff that can, at times, make better teams look inferior by scheming them up and out game planning them. In Quad 1, I see it coming down to can Betsy get by AC to earn the rematch with the Greene Devils again. Until another team in Region 2 proves me wrong, I can’t rely on anyone but AC. And as we all remember from last season, come playoff time, anything is possible. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

The real story here is can Betsy finish strong, continue to improve, stay healthy, and ruin a few teams season in the playoffs? If they do, I wouldn’t want to play them. The stage doesn’t seem to be too big for a team that has Sophomore-Senior with 1-3 seasons respectively with TSSAA Title Game experience. And a coaching staff that can, at times, make better teams look inferior by scheming them up and out game planning them. In Quad 1, I see it coming down to can Betsy get by AC to earn the rematch with the Greene Devils again. Until another team in Region 2 proves me wrong, I can’t rely on anyone but AC. And as we all remember from last season, come playoff time, anything is possible. 

I agree that Betsy could be the dark horse in all of this.    Still hard for me to gauge them.... Since the "turnaround" they have definitely put up some points but not against anyone with a > .500 record except for AC.       Kinda the same with Boone this year, we are 7-0 but only one team is > .500 so it's hard to know exactly where we stand.     But all you can do is play the games on your schedule and try to win each one and then see what happens once the playoffs start.      In a rarity I am sorta kinda pulling for Elizabethton this year, I guess because you guys finally let us win one a few weeks ago it has softened my heart... lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I agree that Betsy could be the dark horse in all of this.    Still hard for me to gauge them.... Since the "turnaround" they have definitely put up some points but not against anyone with a > .500 record except for AC.       Kinda the same with Boone this year, we are 7-0 but only one team is > .500 so it's hard to know exactly where we stand.     But all you can do is play the games on your schedule and try to win each one and then see what happens once the playoffs start.      In a rarity I am sorta kinda pulling for Elizabethton this year, I guess because you guys finally let us win one a few weeks ago it has softened my heart... lol

The 1 thing Besty has shown us was show that AC's secondary is suspect to the pass game.  Or is it safe to say that by not using their youth will hurt them come playoff time with a lot of their key personal going both ways.  Come playoffs the best need to be on the field but the best will need a rest at times.  Can they (AC) keep tempo with Both Besty and G-Devils conditioning?  Only time will tell, and I wish all TEAMS moving forward a safe and healthy way into the post season.  Go Devils!

• Upvote 1

I really like the way Betsy is playing right now and think we can make some noise come playoff time.I really think we can beat AC but do we have enough offense to beat the Greeneville defense.In the first game against the Devils or offense mist a lot of blocks and our running backs were getting hit when they got the ball.I know our coaching staff will make some changes on offense if we see Greeneville again.Going to be fun come playoff time.

On 10/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, Morice49 said:

The 1 thing Besty has shown us was show that AC's secondary is suspect to the pass game.  Or is it safe to say that by not using their youth will hurt them come playoff time with a lot of their key personal going both ways.  Come playoffs the best need to be on the field but the best will need a rest at times.  Can they (AC) keep tempo with Both Besty and G-Devils conditioning?  Only time will tell, and I wish all TEAMS moving forward a safe and healthy way into the post season.  Go Devils!

No doubt all hs secondaries are subject to passing attacks but I saw Elizabethton throw 3 or 4 of the most beautiful deep fades ever. They were perfectly defended but perfectly executed.  2 or 3 of those led directly to scores. One was on a 4th and 3 from the 20 that Elizabethton scored a td on. You're not going to see many teams that can execute that play like that.  I'm not sure Elizabethton can do that consistently and i mean that as a compliment.  Those passes were that good.  I like to think I'm pretty unbiased so I know that sounds like I'm making excuses.  Where Elizabethton really helped themselves was being able to sustain drives on the ground and eat up clock while limiting AC possessions.  Add those 3 or 4 passes at critical times and voila, Elizabethton leads.  

Edited by FormerMav