Lawrence County Travels to Tullahoma

TTownFan50

19 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

This argument gets old. The coaches KNOW the strengths. ONE MAJOR strength not utilized last Friday was SPEED. Tullahoma was SO MUCH faster than LC. Run your sweeps, screens with a trips set, and counters. Put the ball in the hands of the playmakers. Why do we not run more misdirection and play action? Play action is way more effective under center, but that's for another discussion. They just continue to gameplan like they had last year's team. Knowing what to do and refusing to do it is on them. You'll probably think I'm bragging but I think my critique is credible. I played and coached on the high school level with several region titles, and I have a ring to my credit just like Coach Olive. I try to get on here and actually give my reasoning behind what I see from the stands instead of just blasting things on here just to let out frustrations. I try to create banter because I like to see what other's opinions are. The ones that just yell that we need a new quarterback or whatever without an explanation are ignored by me as well. 

I do agree with you on the support of the Tullahoma community. I've been to games this year. I've seen the stadium half full. That's on other folks. Not on me. I've not once said anything about the quarterback. You need to reply to the person that posted it. As far as the excuse of not having a good team despite coaching "tails off", no one in their right mind expected a state title run. THIS team should have won 6 games easily due to decent talent returning and terrible competition in the region. They should have been a playoff team with a first round exit at worst. There is still an outside shot of getting in and exceeding expectations which I hope they do. 

Also the silly point that actually weakens your argument is the kids don't look stronger as the year goes on due to not being interested or working hard in the weight room. THAT'S COACHING. You make the players workout in the weight room in front of you. A coach should be at the 3 major stations making sure reps are put in. If this isn't the case, it's just laziness. I hope the team rises to the occasion and finishes strong. 

I'll stop my critiquing for the year and turn it over to some on here that are apparently more knowledgable than me. I wanted to see what all the hype was about this Franklin kid for Cornersville High so I'm going out to see how he fairs against Moore County. 

Well, as a decorated coach, what is your take on this program moving forward? 

26 minutes ago, yom0mma5favfan69 said:

Well, as a decorated coach, what is your take on this program moving forward? 

My take is I'll be in my seat ready for next season rooting for the team. I promised I'd stop critiquing because folks get offended too easily so I'll just step aside. 

On another note, I'm excited to see what region Tullahoma will land in since they are moving to 5A. I'm hopeful they will be with Franklin Co, Lincoln Co, and Shelbyville. 

Edited by PercyPeabody
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ttown58 said:

Looking back through the records, you will have to go back to the winless years of 2015, and 2016 to find an offense, worse than this years team.  This years team has much more talent than those teams had.

I understand the logic, but I'm not convinced that those teams were worse than this team simply based on their "O'fer" record back then.  I remember those teams producing points, something this team has yet to do.  In 2015 the team scored a total of 105 pts on the season.  In 2016, 166 points.  In 2022 through 8 games, 51 pts.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ttown58 said:
Thu Aug. 18 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Shelbyville

W 16-7
 Fri Aug. 26 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #15 Coffee County
Coffee Pot Game

L 14-35
 Fri Sep. 9 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #10 Marshall County R

L 7-42
 Fri Sep. 16 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #20 Creek Wood R

L 3-16
 Fri Sep. 23 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #5 Pearl Cohn R

L 0-45
 Fri Sep. 30 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Hillwood R

W 42-10
 Thu Oct. 6 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Montgomery Central R

W 31-0
 Fri Oct. 14 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #24 Lawrence County R

L 10-14

I stand corrected, thank you.  And yes, it's hard to win a ball game when you can't score.

2 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

My take is I'll be in my seat ready for next season rooting for the team. I promised I'd stop critiquing because folks get offended too easily so I'll just step aside. 

On another note, I'm excited to see what region Tullahoma will land in since they are moving to 5A. I'm hopeful they will be with Franklin Co, Lincoln Co, and Shelbyville. 

Lawrence County will also be moving to 5A. Can we see a rebirth of the old 8AAA?

2 hours ago, Ttown58 said:

Myself I welcome it. I hope that is what the TSSAA will do. It will bring back a lot of local rivalries. And it will help the schools with attendance at the games.

2 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Lawrence County will also be moving to 5A. Can we see a rebirth of the old 8AAA?

I think it's the smart thing to do because the old rivalries will be rekindled AND as mentioned I think the gates will be more lucrative. 

Edited by PercyPeabody

12 hours ago, hollowman said:

I understand the logic, but I'm not convinced that those teams were worse than this team simply based on their "O'fer" record back then.  I remember those teams producing points, something this team has yet to do.  In 2015 the team scored a total of 105 pts on the season.  In 2016, 166 points.  In 2022 through 8 games, 51 pts.  

Those teams were ALOT WORSE. . No Comparison. No Size No Athletes No talent and young. This year’s team would have beat them like clubbing baby seals all day long. . Tullahoma will definitely be much better next year once the younger kids have a chance to grow both physically and from being thrown into the fire as underclassmen. 
I look for a much improved team that could win 8 or 9 games once we figure out our schedule in a new class and region. Hard work in the off season weight training and working on fundamentals and technique we will see a much improved team next year in the second season of a complete rebuild of loosing basically an entire team due to graduation. . THS will be back to the product we’ve seen most years under Olive and the existing coaches. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Those teams were ALOT WORSE. . No Comparison. No Size No Athletes No talent and young. This year’s team would have beat them like clubbing baby seals all day long. . Tullahoma will definitely be much better next year once the younger kids have a chance to grow both physically and from being thrown into the fire as underclassmen. 
I look for a much improved team that could win 8 or 9 games once we figure out our schedule in a new class and region. Hard work in the off season weight training and working on fundamentals and technique we will see a much improved team next year in the second season of a complete rebuild of loosing basically an entire team due to graduation. . THS will be back to the product we’ve seen most years under Olive and the existing coaches. 

Predicting 8 or 9 wins for next season...you know we are going to hold you to this :thumb: 

I admire you for putting yourself out there on a board where sharks circle quickly. lol

I wish the boys all the success in the world. It'll be interesting treading through a new region schedule.  

18 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Predicting 8 or 9 wins for next season...you know we are going to hold you to this :thumb: 

I admire you for putting yourself out there on a board where sharks circle quickly. lol

I wish the boys all the success in the world. It'll be interesting treading through a new region schedule.  

I actually like “sharks” and I’ve had a few encounters with the fair weather crowd that was doing all this speculating about how “bad” the coaching is and that the “locker room was outta control etc” because one stupid kid made a mistake taking a video and sharing it with his buddies. 
They got severely disciplined for sure and i know that’ll never happen again under coach Sisk. Bring on the haters everyone knows I’m here. 

10 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

We'll agree to disagree.  This year's team is getting flipper slapped by those baby seals...

Next year's squad will obviously be made up of the underclassmen on this year's squad. They will show a lot of what they are made of by how they play tomorrow night at Greenbrier. They still aren't mathematically eliminated so how do they react after the LC loss? With something still left to play for how are their attitudes? their hustle? their determination to finish this season? I think tomorrow night's result will tell a lot about how much the kids are still invested and how much this coaching staff is really worth. Go Cats! 

• Like 1