52nd Annual Musket Bowl

NETNSportsFan

Boone comes in 8-0 for the first time ever. Crockett is struggling this season. This is the first time in awhile where this game isn't a deciding factor in the conference championship. No team has won on the opponent's field since maybe 2014 when Boone was dominant for years. Since then whoever is at home seems to pull out the victory no matter who's the "better team on paper." 

Hey Crockett fans, do yall like pancakes?    Well bring some maple syrup because the last 2 games Boone has come out flat as a pancake.      And no, this is not being a Negative Nellie, it's just a fact.    But we found a way to win so in the end that's all that matters.     I fully expect Crockett to throw everything but the kitchen sink at us this week.     Crockett seems to have a good coaching staff, there just isn't the beef available this season but if anyone thinks this game is in the bag for Boone then think again

High scoring, but only on 1 side, Boone. Crockett has given up 221 points in 8 games with a weaker schedule while Boone has given up only 41 or 42 points this season. Only Elizabethton shut Boone’s offense down. While Crockett has scored 180+ points overall, they scored under 40 points combined in a 4 game stretch. TN lost 15 straight in a rivalry series, most blow outs. When they had the better team they won. PS I’m pulling for Crockett.

Edited by noonesfool

52 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

I'm pulling for Crockett only because blazer always pulls against D-B.  Lol

It varies, for instance I will be pulling for DB against Science Hill.     This year has been weird, Elizabethton finally let us win one so I've been pulling for them in most of their games.     But you may get your wish, even though Crockett is down compared to years past they will throw everything thing imaginable @ Boone.     Boone had started doing pretty good in terms of penalties but then the last couple of games have been terrible.   Fortunately we aren't turning the ball over but still we cannot afford to go into Crockett and play sloppy and expect to win.