Will Powell beat Catholic?

ILB1999

35 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I don’t know about easy, but Powell will win.

See, I'm not convinced.  The best Powell team I've seen in ages lost to a 5-5 Catholic Team last year.  This year they're 3-4 currently.  WIll be a really interesting game.  I'm really glad this one will be streamed.  I'll likely have three games up simultaneously on Friday night.

• Upvote 1

I think Catholic wins a close one. Hard to gauge the Irish because of the schedule that they play. They were crushed against the D2 juggernauts, but they also had toss-ups with Father Ryan and PJP. W/L records for D2 teams can be deceiving; Father Ryan is 2-7, but their wins came against Brentwood and Cane Ridge.

Hard for me to get a gage on this one, as well.  

Powell is playing much better football and with a healthy Potts, Green, and the rest of those offensive weapons including a quality running back they are going to be hard to stop from here on out.  Still not great defensively, but better on that side of the ball, too.  But they don't have to be great to win games with a potent offense.  See Tennessee/Alabama for example.  

And I don't think Catholic is nearly as talented as they have been in the past, and at the risk of offending others, they aren't as well coached as they were under the previous staff.  

Powell will take a good crowd, so I don't think home field will be all that much of a factor.  

Powell wins, but in a close game.  

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

See, I'm not convinced.  The best Powell team I've seen in ages lost to a 5-5 Catholic Team last year.  This year they're 3-4 currently.  WIll be a really interesting game.  I'm really glad this one will be streamed.  I'll likely have three games up simultaneously on Friday night.

Going to be a great game. Knoxville is loaded with great games this weekend.

7 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I think Catholic wins a close one. Hard to gauge the Irish because of the schedule that they play. They were crushed against the D2 juggernauts, but they also had toss-ups with Father Ryan and PJP. W/L records for D2 teams can be deceiving; Father Ryan is 2-7, but their wins came against Brentwood and Cane Ridge.

Knox Catholic did not impress me this past weekend at JP2.  JP2 is down to their 3rd string QB - and he threw for 300+ yards.  

On 10/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, HTV said:

And I don't think Catholic is nearly as talented as they have been in the past, and at the risk of offending others, they aren't as well coached as they were under the previous staff.  

For that reason and a healthier Potts and Green, I like Powell by 10+. Watch out for Briggs Cherry in the coming years in national recruitment. He can throw it around the yard.