Will Powell beat Catholic?

ILB1999

Just now, osunut2 said:

Wow, I have no idea how the refs didn't blow that play dead for a false start. The WR didn't even run his route because he knew he stepped early.

And Powell picks off the pass. Ball game.

Feel good after the crazy loss last year to them and now the refs doing all they can to help Catholic from my perspective.

• Like 1

Just now, Knoxvegas865 said:

Feel good after the crazy loss last year to them and now the refs doing all they can to help Catholic from my perspective.

Agreed.

I'll give Lowe credit, his guys were focused and they didn't do very much jawing tonight. That was a welcome sight. I doubt these guys can beat a team like West, but if they get them in the playoffs, hopefully they can make it interesting.

Just now, osunut2 said:

Agreed.

I'll give Lowe credit, his guys were focused and they didn't do very much jawing tonight. That was a welcome sight. I doubt these guys can beat a team like West, but if they get them in the playoffs, hopefully they can make it interesting.

Just replayed that last play by Catholic on offense. Saw two receivers for them start early. How refs didn’t catch that is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Agreed.

I agree West looks really tough but I like how Powell matches up with them. Powell had no issue offensively against them last year in the playoffs but losing both Nolen brothers is tough. Would need them firing on all cylinders to have a chance.

5 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

I agree West looks really tough but I like how Powell matches up with them. Powell had no issue offensively against them last year in the playoffs but losing both Nolen brothers is tough. Would need them firing on all cylinders to have a chance.

I just don't know if Powell has a good enough defense to stop West's running game without a big DT/NT. They pushed Maryville all over the field tonight, and it was only close because of a pair of West fumbles late in the first half.

Good game high school football game. Powell made the plays they needed to win. Catholic didn’t help themselves dropping not one but two wide open TDS. The first one was right in front of me and couldn’t have been any easier or wide open for a short pass. Catholic has struggled up front all year which has made it tough to throw the ball or get much from the running game. Interesting call on the almost interception with the Powell player. He clearly made the catch initially but the receiver definitely tied him up before they hit the ground and pulled it from him. The Catholic penalty and giving up the sack before the last play took away the chance for a game winning FG. 

I was a little surprised at the inaccuracy of the Powell QB. I thought Green would have dominated our DBs who have struggled all year. As somebody said earlier, we gave up 300+ yards last week to a 3rd string QB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

Good game high school football game. Powell made the plays they needed to win. Catholic didn’t help themselves dropping not one but two wide open TDS. The first one was right in front of me and couldn’t have been any easier or wide open for a short pass. Catholic has struggled up front all year which has made it tough to throw the ball or get much from the running game. Interesting call on the almost interception with the Powell player. He clearly made the catch initially but the receiver definitely tied him up before they hit the ground and pulled it from him. The Catholic penalty and giving up the sack before the last play took away the chance for a game winning FG. 

I was a little surprised at the inaccuracy of the Powell QB. I thought Green would have dominated our DBs who have struggled all year. As somebody said earlier, we gave up 300+ yards last week to a 3rd string QB.

Agreed, it was an entertaining game for sure. Potts' has been a bit erratic with his accuracy at times this season which is odd, although some of that isn't on him. With all of the injuries that he and the WRs have dealt with this season, I think some of that is just an effect of the limited number of games they've played together this year. Magdos played his first game of the season a couple of weeks ago, and the other top 3 WRs have all missed games this season due to injury.

The last game against CC was the first time this year with a healthy QB and WRs. Honestly, if it weren't for the sophomore RB that has emerged (#13), I'm not sure where this team would be this season, with all of the injuries that they've dealt with on offense.