Classes announced

Indian

I found this.  It's a bit long but worth the read.  Straight outta the TSSAA website. Covers the classification process. 

October (Last Week) of Year 0

State Office Studies and Finalizes District/Region Alignments

Once the deadline passes for member schools to express the desire to play in a different classification, the state office begins the process of aligning schools into district and regions (and sections, depending on the sport).

New computer software assists the directors by displaying a "best fit" scenario based on travel time between schools, but there are still several other factors that are considered which fall outside the scope of the software.

Factors considered in the alignment process:

• Geographic proximity -- reduce average travel time among schools in a group without creating unreasonable negative effects for neighboring groups
  • Group size -- prefer a consistent number of schools in each group
  • History/Tradition -- prefer a grouping similar to that of previous cycles for consistency
  • Time zones -- respect the time zone boundary as a hard delineator unless schools agree otherwise
  • Political boundaries -- avoid unnaturally splitting schools that share a common city, county or school district
  • Participation counts -- for multi-sport classifications, prefer groupings so that each district has at least four schools participating in each classified sport

The state office provides a draft version of the final alignments to Board of Control members several days before they are made public to allow for questions to be answered and any corrections to be made.

November (Second Week) of Year 0
Publish Alignments

At least one week prior to the November board meeting, the state office publishes on its website the final alignments for the upcoming classification cycle. Member schools have until the day of the meeting to indicate their desire to appeal the school's placement. The principal or other representative of the school is welcome to appear in person, however many choose to appeal by letter only.

November (Third Week) of Year 0
Appeals to the Board of Control and Finalization of Alignments

In 2016, the Board of Control moved to accept as final the alignments as published by the state office prior to the November board meeting and now focuses more intently on the consideration of school appeals.

The state office makes available all maps and tools to the Board to aid the body in considering the rationale for each appeal.

https://tssaa.org/overview-of-the-classification-cycle

12 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You busted me brother. . My heart and family is in Carter Co. I work next to FCHS and was asked several years ago to help with the home games and have seen every game since 2019. My posts started out a little rough and some prolly were downright abrasive. You’re a down right legend on Coacht and I really enjoy all the info and time you put into your posts. You make the message boards informative and entertaining. Keep up the great work. 

No legend here.  I do appreciate the kind words.  

The George Jefferson's... movin' on up

Sheffield 2A to 3A

Whites Creek 3A to 4A

Pearl-Cohn 3A to 4A

Loudon 3A to 4A

James Lawson 4A to 5A

Kenwood 5A to 6A

Northwest 5A to 6A

Dickson County 5A to 6A

Brentwood Academy DII AA to AAA

Ensworth DII AA to AAA

Lipscomb Academy DII AA to AAA 

Edited by Southtowner
Added
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The George Jefferson's... movin' on up

Sheffield 2A to 3A - Understandable they stay in 3A they are having success there, are Region 8 Champions and will likely go far in 3A

Whites Creek 3A to 4A - I Like The Whites Creek Cobras, but going from 2A to 4A? Wow! I Apllaud them for having guts though!

Pearl-Cohn 3A to 4A - Figured they stay in 4A as they are doing pretty well so far there but their region is likely getting tougher

Loudon 3A to 4A - Hey, Loudon has success at 4A before, nice addition to 4A (Though I will maintain that White County, Station Camp and Dyer County are the biggest Additions to 4A)

James Lawson 4A to 5A - Interesting

Kenwood 5A to 6A - Oooh Boy

Brentwood Academy DII AA to AAA

Ensworth DII AA to AAA

Lipscomb Academy DII AA to AAA 

4A is fixing to become a Monster

Dont forget Clarksville Northwest is moving to 6A also

@iamoz

I'd like to see the TSSAA or even the CoachT website contain an interactive map, color coded or broken down by classes such as this map in the link.

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2022&sportid=1&type=high

If not interactive by class, then maybe different color location icons by class.

We could get a better look and maybe a better understanding of how each class is broken down by region. 

10 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

@iamoz

I'd like to see the TSSAA or even the CoachT website contain an interactive map, color coded or broken down by classes such as this map in the link.

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2022&sportid=1&type=high

If not interactive by class, then maybe different color location icons by class.

We could get a better look and maybe a better understanding of how each class is broken down by region. 

Never mind oz.

I see the map IS interactive. 

Just click on Class 1A.

Or any class.

Or any region.