Meigs vs Marion

BigFoot423

46 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Blows my mind that Marion didn’t make playoffs with their talent. I know they lost their Senior back but Marion has some dudes up front and athletes everywhere. Not sure what the deal was with the former HC but the 2021 Marion team would mop the 2022 Marion team and talent wise the 2022 team should’ve been better. Next year Marion’s HC better ditch the catch phrases and all social media glamour and just learn to coach better. Can’t put this season on the kids. I’m just keeping it real

Agree 100 with you. Little league stuff just needs to coach better. Wrong guy for job imo

14 minutes ago, Classicwarrior83 said:

Agree 100 with you. Little league stuff just needs to coach better. Wrong guy for job imo

Whether he us or not, he will get and deserves another year.  5 key players lost for the year.  The defense has hurt us for 5 years now.  Staff changes should be made definitely.  If Tim wants to be here long term, and I hope he is, then he will have to make some.  If not, it will be like the previous three coaches.  

1 hour ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Not sure what the deal was with the former HC but the 2021 Marion team would mop the 2022 Marion team and talent wise the 2022 team should’ve been better. 

The 21 team was more talented than the 22  team, but scheme wise, 22 should have been better by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says Picket or No Picket Jailhouse High would be still playing if not fer all the back stabbing. Dale would have got them in the playoffs. Figure the kinfolkes got the Karma they had coming. Next year, same scenario coming. Yep, Recon So. 

I'm fine with the new coach.  No one is fretting about it but you over and over and over and over and over. He chose to leave this time just like he did last time, nothing more, nothing less. If you knew half of what you think you did you would be a woman. Get off dales zipper.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

43 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Whether he us or not, he will get and deserves another year.  5 key players lost for the year.  The defense has hurt us for 5 years now.  Staff changes should be made definitely.  If Tim wants to be here long term, and I hope he is, then he will have to make some.  If not, it will be like the previous three coaches.  

I agree the injury to condra was huge but other ppl lost due to injury was position they were deep in. The games they lost we were just out coached in. Qb never runs and in that office u have to be able to zone read on ends not give it every time. Defense was definitely a problem but as a unit was very soft. Can’t run a 3 3 stack against 6 down lineman or power team

17 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

The 21 team was more talented than the 22  team, but scheme wise, 22 should have been better by the end of the year.

I'm fine with the new coach.  No one is fretting about it but you over and over and over and over and over. He chose to leave this time just like he did last time, nothing more, nothing less. If you knew half of what you think you did you would be a woman. Get off dales zipper.

I’m fine with the coaches…..! Old Pirate ain’t got a clue how’s you come with this here T name, but yous full mess. Old Pirate sure nuff ain’t fretty a nary one time, much less over & over & over & over. Does you ever take heed to your screen name? Fact is, Old Pirate hopes yous keep doing exactly whats yous a doing! It sure nuff makes fer great cage rattling. Fer some Truth that most round the jailhouse evade is Dale leaving 1st was because theys a HEEP of lying done by Jailhouse folkes about extra compensation. Next you fellers went hired Slick Ricky or aka SOS and commenced to start tithing fer a feller who wouldn’t send his own school there! SP folkes warned you kinfolkes, yet yous let some guide yous in a temporary direction. Granted the SOS inherited a good pool of talent, didn’t get gold, bolted cause he did what Jones did left fer greener grass. Some powerful folkes, (yous probably not one) per local discussion begged the OC to take the HC. Then ran him off after his repeated resistance to be another revolving door. Then comes Dale 2nd tour, with money promised 1st never paid, tithing closed down, back stabbing from within by those trying to be more relevant until the writing on the wall was clear with the hundreds of posts belly aching last year creating another revolving door. Nows, fact is clear, the hinges are being oiled fer the same to repeat soon. Ifin deep run is not near, the door is cracked fer the revolving door syndrome to stroke again. How many coaches have been run off since KC? Who has the longest term of duty trying to make chicken soup out of chicken poop? Ya’lls a HEEP of confused folks fer sure. “ Nothing More, Nothing Less” is comical. Carry On, good entertainment is always fun. Yep, Recon So. 

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

I’m fine with the coaches…..! Old Pirate ain’t got a clue how’s you come with this here T name, but yous full mess. Old Pirate sure nuff ain’t fretty a nary one time, much less over & over & over & over. Does you ever take heed to your screen name? Fact is, Old Pirate hopes yous keep doing exactly whats yous a doing! It sure nuff makes fer great cage rattling. Fer some Truth that most round the jailhouse evade is Dale leaving 1st was because theys a HEEP of lying done by Jailhouse folkes about extra compensation. Next you fellers went hired Slick Ricky or aka SOS and commenced to start tithing fer a feller who wouldn’t send his own school there! SP folkes warned you kinfolkes, yet yous let some guide yous in a temporary direction. Granted the SOS inherited a good pool of talent, didn’t get gold, bolted cause he did what Jones did left fer greener grass. Some powerful folkes, (yous probably not one) per local discussion begged the OC to take the HC. Then ran him off after his repeated resistance to be another revolving door. Then comes Dale 2nd tour, with money promised 1st never paid, tithing closed down, back stabbing from within by those trying to be more relevant until the writing on the wall was clear with the hundreds of posts belly aching last year creating another revolving door. Nows, fact is clear, the hinges are being oiled fer the same to repeat soon. Ifin deep run is not near, the door is cracked fer the revolving door syndrome to stroke again. How many coaches have been run off since KC? Who has the longest term of duty trying to make chicken soup out of chicken poop? Ya’lls a HEEP of confused folks fer sure. “ Nothing More, Nothing Less” is comical. Carry On, good entertainment is always fun. Yep, Recon So. 

Like I said, you don't know half of what you think.  If Dale was upset with money the first time, he wouldn't have wanted to come back again.  The money that was raised for him was given to his assistants as he didn't need the money. There is a reason he has never won the big game.  Good riddance. Mathis would have been fired by now probably after a couple of bad years.  He left for a double in his salary.  Can't blame him for that.  No one in Marion County's three schools will stay longterm  unless they are local because they can go 30 minutes down the road and make more than double.  Speaking of running coaches off.  Didn't yall run one of the most successful high school coaches in the state off?  Yep, Recon So, two times.  Also, ran off Jones if you are really in the know you realize that.  On top of that your head coach now backstabbing all the way to make sure Waggoner didn't get the job he was promised and everyone else that was interviewed.  Why didn't Rankin take it?  You guessed it, he wanted no part of the small town drama that exists in our county as a whole.  No denying it.  I have stayed out of the bickering between sp and mc since they decided to quit playing us bit just wanted to spit some truth out there for ya.

21 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Like I said, you don't know half of what you think.  If Dale was upset with money the first time, he wouldn't have wanted to come back again.  The money that was raised for him was given to his assistants as he didn't need the money. There is a reason he has never won the big game.  Good riddance. Mathis would have been fired by now probably after a couple of bad years.  He left for a double in his salary.  Can't blame him for that.  No one in Marion County's three schools will stay longterm  unless they are local because they can go 30 minutes down the road and make more than double.  Speaking of running coaches off.  Didn't yall run one of the most successful high school coaches in the state off?  Yep, Recon So, two times.  Also, ran off Jones if you are really in the know you realize that.  On top of that your head coach now backstabbing all the way to make sure Waggoner didn't get the job he was promised and everyone else that was interviewed.  Why didn't Rankin take it?  You guessed it, he wanted no part of the small town drama that exists in our county as a whole.  No denying it.  I have stayed out of the bickering between sp and mc since they decided to quit playing us bit just wanted to spit some truth out there for ya.

TTP, yous jest flew from bad to terrible. Everyone knowd why Dale came to Jasper, it was mostly cause the magical number was more easily attainable. The Captain has to be the 2nd misstatement. He retired 1st time cause he took administrative role & tired. 2nd tour was only for named short term, to reach too many years in same county/state, that lead to seeking another state to work on 2nd retirement, which he obviously has accomplished. Jones was hired as a gamble that many predicted would be short term, which it was short but money is a powerful persuader that usually gets most. Wagoner reportedly was the man until Jones showed interest, then homies got behind him because he was a home town guy which Wagner wasn’t. Anything different is not reality. Rankin statement is wrong too, simply Money Honey like Jones, go fer or while attainable. Per your words, Nothing More, Nothing less. Come to think about it, ain’t been no outsider as HC since before the Professor. Figure the home grown coaches done did a powerful job. They sure nuff a powerful lot of earholing Jasper. The Rankin deal was never believed by many, he was like Dale looking fer a few years then gone. That was the huge negative fer SP. Dad Burnit, OP done went fergot, the 1 outsider known as the SOS, whom OP never supported. Outsiders usually like ladies of the night, wham, bam, thank you mam  & gone!  Jasper has chase too many ladies of the night types. Yep, Recon So. Carry On , love watching & reading all the whining, crying, play calling, Coach bashing. Fact is simple, Pruitt would have the team practicing Monday and no not basketball. OP weren’t a fan of Pruit, loved what his son done fer Tennesse thou. BTW, the Jasper/Tennessee fans should love the Vols looking like someone else tonight instead of being true to tradition. 

12 hours ago, Yeti said:

Excluding Tyner and Tellico the other teams in our region  were very close in talent. When that happens alot of times coaching comes into play to make it a deciding factor. The game last night showcased two pretty strong offenses. Neither defense was able to slow the opposing offense down.

I agree with you about the neither defense not being able to stop each other but I don't necessarily believe it was a showcase of two strong offenses either.

Meigs was getting nothing running up the middle. The only play that was working was the QB keeper running to the left side. I can't figure why Marion couldn't stop that. You could hear their fans screaming from across the field their running the same play.

Look what Tyner Defense and even Polk and Bledsoe Defenses did against Marion and Meigs. 

I wouldn't classify either as a strong offense.

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

I agree with you about the neither defense not being able to stop each other but I don't necessarily believe it was a showcase of two strong offenses either.

Meigs was getting nothing running up the middle. The only play that was working was the QB keeper running to the left side. I can't figure why Marion couldn't stop that. You could hear their fans screaming from across the field their running the same play.

Look what Tyner Defense and even Polk and Bledsoe Defenses did against Marion and Meigs. 

I wouldn't classify either as a strong offense.

Marion was playing their best ball of the year the last two games. Their offense was really strong and defensively just above average. We scored 35 against a good team. Yes, I believe we have a pretty stout offense this late in the season. Ok to disagree though. We just see it differently.

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

LRDAO…. Lying lips you got to be in the race before you can win the big one. That Pruitt man at least had jailhouse high in the race.  You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Marion was playing their best ball of the year the last two games. Their offense was really strong and defensively just above average. We scored 35 against a good team. Yes, I believe we have a pretty stout offense this late in the season. Ok to disagree though. We just see it differently.

I think both teams got the capability to be pretty good offensively but need to do a little more.  They both do have some talented players.

Meigs had three nice pass plays when they really needed them to three different athletes.  #10, #13  and number #5 made some nice grabs for first downs but I think that was our only three completions.

With the QB and 23 and that senior FB running it they got some options.

When we play tougher and bigger teams it's gets difficult just trying to run over them. 

I'm still confused how Marion couldn't figure out or stop our QB from going left. 

9 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

HEELLLOOOO!!! Speaking of back stabbing. Word last year was your current Head Coach was plotting with many in Jasper to help push Dale out so he could get the job with promises of getting more kids to come to Jasper. Good thing he didnt promise anyone to make the playoffs! FUNNY HOW THAT ALL WORKED OUT JACK!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT !! HELLOOOO!!! ONE TIME!! ENJOY BASKETBALL SEASON