Tough middle schools in Nashville area

Winningcomes2nd

2 hours ago, Winningcomes2nd said:

My family will be moving to the Nashville area. I have a son in middle school and two younger sons. Can you tell us where the best baseball middle schools are at in the area? High schools as well?

Are you looking for public or private? And are you looking at Davidson County or one of the surrounding counties? I’ve got some recommendations but it would be easier to be able to narrow it down some.

Edited by sportsfan11212

2 hours ago, Winningcomes2nd said:

Preferably in the surrounding counties of Davidson, but doesn’t have to be.  Also we will be sending our kids to public.  Not against private at all but financially, looking at public. Thank you.

For public schools and baseball, Williamson or Rutherford counties are the ones I’d recommend. Especially Williamson. I can speak more to high schools, but you really can’t go wrong with Williamson. Williamson has Ravenwood, Centennial, Brentwood, Franklin and Independence who have all had recent baseball success. The best baseball option in Rutherford is probably Riverdale or Stewart’s Creek. A couple others in the surrounding counties are Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet.

On 10/26/2022 at 10:50 PM, sportsfan11212 said:

For public schools and baseball, Williamson or Rutherford counties are the ones I’d recommend. Especially Williamson. I can speak more to high schools, but you really can’t go wrong with Williamson. Williamson has Ravenwood, Centennial, Brentwood, Franklin and Independence who have all had recent baseball success. The best baseball option in Rutherford is probably Riverdale or Stewart’s Creek. A couple others in the surrounding counties are Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet.

I would say this ^^^^ is pretty solid advice.  Siegel is another Rutherford Co school with a good program.  You can view past state tourneys here for both public and private  https://tssaasports.com/history/results/?sport=baseball  (last year was the first year for the DI-4A classification for publics) 

Mt. Juliet Middle has had a solid middle school baseball program over the past several years...won the Wilson co. tournament (several years in a row) and advanced to the TMSAA state tournament last year...finished 3rd.  They also feed in to the new Green Hill High School who just hired a new coach with lots of success at his previous school.  Just an alternative from Rutherford and Williamson.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is for information purposes only and just some background...Williamson and Rutherford middle schools are going to be really competitive same with Wilson and Sumner. Example, Woodland Middle School in Brentwood which feeds into Ravenwood will have 150 kids try out for the middle school team.  Some that play decent to high level travel don't even make the team.  Just putting it out there that these are competitive tryouts and you are not guaranteed to make the team. 

Edited by RHS2027
more info

Man, yall through out all the AAAA schools.  Nothing wrong with any of them but they may not want to live in large populated areas.  Look for good schools and low crime.  And low tax rate.  Good Middle School teams are usually those that have the most 8th graders who are in puberty.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 8:01 AM, XBOX said:

Man, yall through out all the AAAA schools.  Nothing wrong with any of them but they may not want to live in large populated areas.  Look for good schools and low crime.  And low tax rate.  Good Middle School teams are usually those that have the most 8th graders who are in puberty.  

Middle school athletics and winning are about which teams have the most athletes that have the most hair on their body

Edited by cbg

• 3 weeks later...