Dilfer's 1.3 million reasons why

Fnltexas

I am probably late seeing this and no idea if accurate. Anyone else see the below about Dilfer salary?  Looked like several others reported online as well.  If true more power to him. Nothing wrong with getting paid what someone is willing to pay.  if true this has to be highest paid HS coach in the country I assume?  

https://www.outkick.com/trent-dilfer-lipscomb-academy-salary-contract-facility-cost-barber-shop-football-tennessee/

13 minutes ago, starstruck98 said:

I pray this is not true. 1.3 million to coach high school football at Libscomb?

Does anyone remember how much of a laughing stock Libscomb was about 5 years ago in football. There’s no way that they can finically afford to pay him anywhere close to a million. 

Salary can’t be close to accurate. If anything that number could be what’s spent on the entire program per year.

Edited by sportsfan11212

2 hours ago, Fnltexas said:

Maybe.  Staff payroll could make sense.  However they have a pretty large staff although many are non faculty. I cant see it at a small private school but if you want to win bad enough maybe.  

Doesn't Dilfer have other former NFL vets on his staff? I could see that number maybe making sense from an entire staff payroll standpoint like you said, but surely not Dilfer's salary alone

Dilfer and his cronies at the school formerly known as David Lipscomb have the money rolling in like Joel Osteen on Sundays.

He was crying on a radio show today about how bad people treat him and his players. Maybe it’s time to look in the mirror. The school has sold its soul to the devil and they know there will be no consequences.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SquatchU said:

Dilfer and his cronies at the school formerly known as David Lipscomb have the money rolling in like Joel Osteen on Sundays.

He was crying on a radio show today about how bad people treat him and his players. Maybe it’s time to look in the mirror. The school has sold its soul to the devil and they know there will be no consequences.

Again, specifics are important.  Generalities have zero credit.  Share specifics or quit looking like a hater.

11 hours ago, SquatchU said:

This same guy wanted extra security to walk with him from the buses and locker room to the field last year at Oakland. Sorry this isn't the NFL.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

This same guy wanted extra security to walk with him from the buses and locker room to the field last year at Oakland. Sorry this isn't the NFL.

He’s probably closer to the NFL than you.  You nor I have any idea what kind of threats and hate he gets.  He seems like a straight up guy that happens to be famous.  Can’t we get back to applauding the kids and their opportunities?  It is fantastic to see the rise of quality athletes from TN.  I would bet FRA is the next program to rise.  I’ve heard they have 4 NFL guys over there helping out.  That brings talent and investment and that will equal more opportunity for those athletes.

1 hour ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

He’s probably closer to the NFL than you.  You nor I have any idea what kind of threats and hate he gets.  He seems like a straight up guy that happens to be famous.  Can’t we get back to applauding the kids and their opportunities?  It is fantastic to see the rise of quality athletes from TN.  I would bet FRA is the next program to rise.  I’ve heard they have 4 NFL guys over there helping out.  That brings talent and investment and that will equal more opportunity for those athletes.

Unfortunately the slander at high school games happens almost everywhere, he nor I nor you have any control over that. I concur that Dilfer seems like a good dude, I was comparing the NFL to high school football and the environments they come with. I also agree FRA is on the rise and a lot faster than most believed. 

1 hour ago, Indian said:

Talent rising or just put together in one group?

Definitely, rise.  Just think of the SEC/D1/P5 QBs that have and are coming out of TN last year and this year.  When do you recall an era with this many QBs alone that are this quality?  This doesn't even include the RBs and WRs and DBs.  Nashville and TN are destination places due to the job market, tax situation, how COVID was handled and more.  I'm sure I left a few off this list, but these come to mind.  TN on the Rise!

Ty Simpson - Westview

Jake McNamara - Page

Luther Richesson - Lipscomb

Kenny Minchey - Pope

Marcel Reed- MBA

Chris Parson - Ravenwood

Hank Brown - Lipscomb

George MacIntyre - Brentwood Academy

Cade Law - CPA

Carson Jones - Maryville

Edited by ChuckDSanAntonio