Glencliff Colts (0-9) at Tullahoma Wildcats (3-6)

PercyPeabody

19 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I guess he's not wanting to transfer and be a QB. I've seen both of those schools play and if I'm not mistaken, they will have seniors at QB next year. He won't win the job over them at either school in my opinion. 

Shelbyville Qb is a senior on unapproved website so that’s where I think he will go and that’s what I’ve heard the most Ik some of his family and I’m pretty sure the goal is to play against tullahoma 

1 minute ago, Ttown58 said:

I wonder if the Shelbyville coach Dryden will be back or they will hire someone else. I think Dryden was just named the interim coach for this year, after Puckett suddenly left to go to Haywood.  Shelbyville, is young  like Tullahoma, but Delaughter going to Shelbyville, is no guarantee he will be the starter. 

Definitely no guarantee for sure 

1 hour ago, Diggeydo54 said:

Shelbyville Qb is a senior on unapproved website so that’s where I think he will go and that’s what I’ve heard the most Ik some of his family and I’m pretty sure the goal is to play against tullahoma 

That's my bad. I thought someone at the first game of the year told me he was a junior. I thought he was pretty good but had NO o-line to help him. 

Tullahoma beat Hillwood 42-10 and Hillwood beat Glencliff 50-9. That signals the potential is high for a running clock.

Even if they wanted to, and I doubt it was ever discussed, you can't just 'go to the wing T' in one year and have success. It would be a total shift in playing style for the entire team. Can't do that in one year, and I disagree that the Wildcats had the personnel to effectively run it this year.

We all knew this was going to be a difficult rebuilding year, and it has been. The move to 5A will be a huge step up as far as travel and home gates go. The playoff path in 5A is still unknown until the regions are announced. Will we go east or west (Region 4 or 5 or 6)?

3 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Definitely no guarantee for sure 

That's my bad. I thought someone at the first game of the year told me he was a junior. I thought he was pretty good but had NO o-line to help him. 

Yeah he was pretty good with delaughters run first Kinda play style should fit better over there but no guarantee he starts also it’s hard to see a kid who’s family is from here as Devin delaughter is his uncle and has gone to school at tullahoma for his whole life Just up and. Leave even if he’s got a limited role 

2 hours ago, ScottShasteen said:

Tullahoma beat Hillwood 42-10 and Hillwood beat Glencliff 50-9. That signals the potential is high for a running clock.

Even if they wanted to, and I doubt it was ever discussed, you can't just 'go to the wing T' in one year and have success. It would be a total shift in playing style for the entire team. Can't do that in one year, and I disagree that the Wildcats had the personnel to effectively run it this year.

We all knew this was going to be a difficult rebuilding year, and it has been. The move to 5A will be a huge step up as far as travel and home gates go. The playoff path in 5A is still unknown until the regions are announced. Will we go east or west (Region 4 or 5 or 6)?

Welcome back to the board! Tullahoma started taking it on the chin, and you disappeared for weeks. The Wing T can be very effective with simply running a sweep, trap, boot, and counter. You run variations off those four base plays. I've seen it installed over a summer and implemented well in one year. Now grant it you have to have the discipline of actually practicing it so you may be right that Tullahoma wouldn't have been able to install it in a year. The Wildcats definitely have the personnel that is more suited for it than what they are trying to do now. It'll be interesting to see what offense they run next year. Hopefully there are some changes on that side of the ball. 

14 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

Welcome back to the board! Tullahoma started taking it on the chin, and you disappeared for weeks

. The Wing T can be very effective with simply running a sweep, trap, boot, and counter. You run variations off those four base plays. I've seen it installed over a summer and implemented well in one year. Now grant it you have to have the discipline of actually practicing it so you may be right that Tullahoma wouldn't have been able to install it in a year. The Wildcats definitely have the personnel that is more suited for it than what they are trying to do now. It'll be interesting to see what offense they run next year. Hopefully there are some changes on that side of the ball. 

This is way too funny!!! I hadn't even wondered where Shasteen was until this post......and you couldn't have nailed it any better. lmao

11 minutes ago, hollowman said:

This is way too funny!!! I hadn't even wondered where Shasteen was until this post......and you couldn't have nailed it any better. lmao

Just busting his chops a little. I know he stays busy but if you can come on and hype game 1, then you have time each week to support your school. I've been here through all the beatings. Misery loves company. lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

This won't be a popular take because it's old school and not flashy, but after watching the Shelbyville game I thought Tullahoma had the right personnel for the Wing T. Linemen aren't huge. They move well. Shifty skill players. QBs that can't necessarily throw well but just enough to keep folks honest. Good runningbacks that could take a pounding. Ball control offense would shorten the game by eating the clock on long drives. Defense wouldn't have to be on the field as long and would only need to get a couple of stops per game to swing the advantage to their ball control offense. Wing T is built on repetition and deception. It can make very average teams look mighty good and hang in with stiffer competition. 

I agree with you on this!!! I think what they are trying to do on offense is good when you have the personnel to do it with. Sometimes you have to simplify the game and not over complicate things. 

23 hours ago, Ttown58 said:

I agree 100%.  They had a fullback transfer in from Goodpasture this year, they're not even playing him at that position.  

I know I will get blasted for this , I don't care. I beginning to question, if Tullahoma made the right decision, for the head coach. Coach Sisk, is a good defensive coach no doubt about that. But sometimes assistant coaches don't always turn out to be great coaches, Jeremy Pruitt comes to mind.

Why would people blast you?  You have an opinion and can say it.  Part of the problem is people can't take a different opinions.  No opinion means a lot.  Even mine.  But, If a team continues to go backwards during the year, does not improve at all unless u are playing very bad teams like Glencliff, Coaches not watching the locker room, not lining up correctly and poor play over and over.  People start to think where the issues are (kids or Coaches) (leadership issue or respect issue).  The weak region next year should help the cats overall  record and money.  Maybe they will win some of the local games and make money. That  will let them buy new cardinal helmets and keep with the school colors.  Cardinal is the main color not Black.  The only positive since the first game vs a poor shelbyville team  is that it is the end of the year.

• Like 1