Glencliff Colts (0-9) at Tullahoma Wildcats (3-6)

PercyPeabody

49 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Good Policy. . Obviously we’d be in a worse situation if the kid can’t even Coach the Qb’s. Sisk is the man to keep Tullahoma at a high level. I agree with everyone else that he needs help with assistant coaches on Offense. Apparently THS “pays” the best in the state for coordinations. So let the Coach interview and get the guys he wants. And not worry about the crazy Nepotism. 

Secretly John Olive wanted Caleb Olive to be head coach. John knew talent was low this year and didn't want his son to face the pressure. Don' forget about low energy Jared Olive coaching are whatever he does.  It 's Nepotism at its finest.  Technique obvisouly wasn't coached.  All Caleb Olive wants to do is call plays. Sometimes I wonder if he even knew down and distance when calling the plays. Play clock management was bad too.  Look at the offense when Tullahoma played a quality opponent. Probably about 1 touchdown per game average with a field goal sprinkled in. I am guessing about 50 yds per game rushing atmost when playing quality opponents. Right hand QB rolling to his left passing. Several interceptions doing this. Stupid little toss to running back going in motion. Probably netted 20 yards all season. About 1 yd per carry.  Caleb and Jarred would do eveyone a favor and coach in middle school for a while. Red zone offense was terrible.  Other teams had no fear of Tullahoma's offense. Everyone knew it was going to be a challenge but with poor coaching or lack of made it impossible. 

1 hour ago, Ttown58 said:

Jared Olive is teacher already at East Middle School,  Caleb Olive is listed  as a classified employee,  he is not on the faculty as a teacher, according to the TSSAA.

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/directory/?id=518

Coach Sisk, is still  coaching the defense, as well as head coach. The defense has been pretty decent, often times the defense was put into bad positions by the offense. The Freshmen  team had 40 players this year, and had the best year since  the 2018 team.  Tullahoma has some talent, but they need to bring in an offensive coach going into next season.

About seven or so of them talented freshmen went to North Middle School and live in Franklin County. Hope Franklin County make changes with the head coach position at North to keep from encouragement of athletes to go to Tullahoma.

12 minutes ago, Ttown58 said:

I think Franklin County has found the right coach. Coach Cunningham  has done a great job this year.

He has.  He also has been blessed with a lot of talent these past 3 seasons. Some of that falls off next season and even more the season after that. Thats when he will be truly tested as a head Coach. The good thing is at that point he will have had 4 years of head coaching experience.

9 hours ago, TowMater said:

Secretly John Olive wanted Caleb Olive to be head coach. John knew talent was low this year and didn't want his son to face the pressure. Don' forget about low energy Jared Olive coaching are whatever he does.  It 's Nepotism at its finest.  Technique obvisouly wasn't coached.  All Caleb Olive wants to do is call plays. Sometimes I wonder if he even knew down and distance when calling the plays. Play clock management was bad too.  Look at the offense when Tullahoma played a quality opponent. Probably about 1 touchdown per game average with a field goal sprinkled in. I am guessing about 50 yds per game rushing atmost when playing quality opponents. Right hand QB rolling to his left passing. Several interceptions doing this. Stupid little toss to running back going in motion. Probably netted 20 yards all season. About 1 yd per carry.  Caleb and Jarred would do eveyone a favor and coach in middle school for a while. Red zone offense was terrible.  Other teams had no fear of Tullahoma's offense. Everyone knew it was going to be a challenge but with poor coaching or lack of made it impossible. 

The staff is young when it comes to leadership.  The players do not respect the staff (including the head coach).  When Olive stepped down years of experience and respect went out the window.  The offense is flawed.  They do not work on match ups.  They call plays just to call them.  They need to call plays based on match ups.  Last 3 years u could call most anything and it would work because of the players.  With out those kids it comes down to the best match ups.

1 hour ago, MountRushmore1 said:

The staff is young when it comes to leadership.  The players do not respect the staff (including the head coach).  When Olive stepped down years of experience and respect went out the window.  The offense is flawed.  They do not work on match ups.  They call plays just to call them.  They need to call plays based on match ups.  Last 3 years u could call most anything and it would work because of the players.  With out those kids it comes down to the best match ups.

You are right.  Have you counted all the coaches on the sideline?  Seems like some new coach shows up each week.  Looks like they might have a coach for each position.  Calling plays just to be calling them is absolutely correct.  Seems like a video game calls.  Coach Sisk can do well but not with all this on the sideline.  He will have to clean this up if he wants to remain Head Coach.  Last 3 years the defense carried them.  Defense still did ok despite being young but just couldn't overcome all the bad field position the offense left them with.  You could tell in the last few games that some of the players had already checked out.  Don't be surprised if some of the players expected back don't come back.

Edited by TowMater

I'd hear my buddy say it over and over again about his coaching days..... a coach's ability should always be measured by what he does with an average athlete.  Anyone, even I, can coach the superior athlete, despite, or in spite of themselves(myself).  Coaching a far less talented athlete takes talent from the coach.  I've watched less talented kids play with much better technique and more aggression, thus making them a better football team than this year's team.   I have no doubt, that if given the opportunity, Coach Sisk will remedy the deficiencies that currently exist in the program, hopefully beginning with the most glaring positions on the field....QB's and offensive line.   Play calling does not translate to completions and first downs, but properly coaching said positions may yield better offensive performances.  

On 11/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, hollowman said:

I'd hear my buddy say it over and over again about his coaching days..... a coach's ability should always be measured by what he does with an average athlete.  Anyone, even I, can coach the superior athlete, despite, or in spite of themselves(myself).  Coaching a far less talented athlete takes talent from the coach.  I've watched less talented kids play with much better technique and more aggression, thus making them a better football team than this year's team.   I have no doubt, that if given the opportunity, Coach Sisk will remedy the deficiencies that currently exist in the program, hopefully beginning with the most glaring positions on the field....QB's and offensive line.   Play calling does not translate to completions and first downs, but properly coaching said positions may yield better offensive performances.  

That is a great statement!  I do believe they had personnel to have a 6-4 season but they got worse every game.  If you are not showing improvement from week to week and keep making the same mistakes, you are either not coaching or allowing it to happen.  When the locker room becomes an issue it is a carry over into the practice and the games.  Not that Sisk will be fired but every Coach is hired on the basis he or she will be fired.  If an AD or Principal doesn't have a name in their desk drawer of the next guy they want to hire they are not doing their Job.  That is the problem here.  Sisk would have been much better off being the next guy after they fired this guy.  

Edited by MountRushmore1

When things turn around next season keep this same energy smh. Don't jump back on the bandwagon or be like i knew he was the man, i knew it would get better, i knew it was just a down year. KEEP THE SAME ENERGY AND STAY AWAY FROM THE PROGRAM. Season is over they'll make adjustments this summer and come back better. No matter the classification either. When you support a team do just that win, lose, or draw. Not only when they're up, but during the down years as well. We don't need fair weather fans around here, we only want fans that believe in the program. Fans that are realistic and supportive regardless. And be men and go talk to the same coaches you bash week in and week out. Quit being keyboard cowards and tough guys behind the keyboard and computer screen!! Good luck to the playoff teams, i pray everyone stays healthy and plays your best games possible.

This is a discussion board. It's to discuss high school athletics good AND bad. I attend games. Put up with a lot this year while half the stadium was empty so not everyone on here is fair weather. Calling out the keyboard cowards to go talk to the coaching staff is ridiculous. The coaching staff couldn't handle this kind of sound advice. LOL Realistically we all knew it would be a down year. Losing a coach and 22 seniors will do that. What has folks upset on here is the coaching staff was pretty much kept intact and we did not see any improvement as the season progressed. In fact the team got worse. Now is there immediate hope for the future? I believe moving to 5A and possibly playing teams like Lincoln Co, Spring Hill, etc. could help. No offense to those programs but they are down right now. Tullahoma may be able to take advantage of a weak region but is that really going to benefit us come playoff time? Also for those who have said we will possibly be going into a weaker region...will we really? We were already in a pretty mediocre region except for Marshall Co and Pearl Cohn. The other teams were there for the taking. This staff has some good coaches but as a group they will not make it. There needs to be some additions and subtractions and I hope Sisk is given the power to make those choices. If the situation stays as is, I'll stick to my prediction that Tullahoma will be hunting for a new staff in 2025.

On 10/27/2022 at 11:08 AM, Ttown58 said:

I don't think the coaches know what the goal is. Bratcher, and Delaughter, are not as talented as the last two quarterbacks, Tullahoma has had Scott, and Fulton. 

When you’re spoiled by having a really good QB (Bryson Rollins at EHS) it’s different to move on and adjust. Your offense doesn’t run with the same rhythm and flow, you can’t call the same plays because of different skill sets. It’s a tough job for a coach to figure it out. Case in point; Elizabethton started out 0-3. Once they figured it out though, they began to roll. One thing Witten can do well is figure out personnel assignments. You may be a running back one year and be a receiver or linebacker 3 games later because it fits what the team needs. Even if you’ve never played the position. 

• Like 1