Glencliff Colts (0-9) at Tullahoma Wildcats (3-6)

PercyPeabody

23 hours ago, Ttown58 said:

I agree 100%.  They had a fullback transfer in from Goodpasture this year, they're not even playing him at that position.  

I know I will get blasted for this , I don't care. I beginning to question, if Tullahoma made the right decision, for the head coach. Coach Sisk, is a good defensive coach no doubt about that. But sometimes assistant coaches don't always turn out to be great coaches, Jeremy Pruitt comes to mind.

I’ll take Sisk over Pruitt. He knows how to work with the talent he has and the kids love and respect him. And has an IQ way above 100. Pruitt hasn’t even mastered the English language. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard him speak a complete sentence. Sisk will develop the kids he has to work with going forward. It’s mainly won and lost in the trenches and Tullahoma sure does miss that 300lb O-line that graduated. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’ll take Sisk over Pruitt. He knows how to work with the talent he has and the kids love and respect him. And has an IQ way above 100. Pruitt hasn’t even mastered the English language. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard him speak a complete sentence. Sisk will develop the kids he has to work with going forward. It’s mainly won and lost in the trenches and Tullahoma sure does miss that 300lb O-line that graduated. 

If you are going to run a spread offense the big 300lb guys are not a be all to be successful.  Having guys that can run and move.  In a spread game you do a lot of punch and climb to backers and try to stay 3yds only up field for the pass or Run. Most the times u leave a defender unblocked and read that guy.  So pancaking people in a spread is not really a thing.  Making contact and getting to the next level. Having Skill kids is more important so the defense will spread out to open holes and make it easier to for lineman to block.  Tullahoma has plenty of skill kids but not used very will.  I am sure u listen to the post game shows for Tullahoma since u are a very big supporter and the coaches show.  

Pruitt won a NC as DC and Sisk won at State Championship as DC.

Pruitt first year at Tennessee 5-7 no bowl game, Sisk First year at Tullahoma 4-6 no playoffs.  So ttown58 had a good comparison.

Tullahoma should win tonight, but stranger things have happened.  Hopefully we'll quickly realize the need for the addition of a couple of coaches to the staff.  Tullahoma most definitely has a need for an offensive line coach, and a QB coach, as is apparent every Friday night.  It's been painfully obvious that neither position gets coached.  I understand the line coach retired and was not replaced, but what about the QB's?   What's their excuse?

9 minutes ago, hollowman said:

Tullahoma should win tonight, but stranger things have happened.  Hopefully we'll quickly realize the need for the addition of a couple of coaches to the staff.  Tullahoma most definitely has a need for an offensive line coach, and a QB coach, as is apparent every Friday night.  It's been painfully obvious that neither position gets coached.  I understand the line coach retired and was not replaced, but what about the QB's?   What's their excuse?

100%

Not a technique Coach at QB.  Most kids have different motions and angels of delivery.  One that can tell u the process on how and when to get the ball out.  Reads, indicators and personnel of the other team.  Who we need to go after.  Find their weak link in the secondary, lbs and D-lineman to check a new play to that person to fit the situation. 

It has been a disappointing season….I hate that I could not see any real improvement over the year…Delaughter is good enough to be on the field somewhere…I hope next years Seniors can set an example for the rest of the team and they see great improvement!  I hate tonight is it, I wish the seniors the best!

6 hours ago, hollowman said:

Had a great O-Line coach interviewed. 
Got better offer and more $ in Ala. . 
You get what you pay for. Assistant supplements need to be raised. 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:47 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Had a great O-Line coach interviewed. 
Got better offer and more $ in Ala. . 
You get what you pay for. Assistant supplements need to be raised. 

Highest supplements around plus the teachers pay is the highest around.  They match the Oak Ridge supplements and pay scale.  That is what Tullahoma has always prided its self on.

On 10/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, MountRushmore1 said:

100%

Not a technique Coach at QB.  Most kids have different motions and angels of delivery.  One that can tell u the process on how and when to get the ball out.  Reads, indicators and personnel of the other team.  Who we need to go after.  Find their weak link in the secondary, lbs and D-lineman to check a new play to that person to fit the situation. 

It is very clear to me that Tullahoma needs a OC.  Caleb Olive is Daddy's choice. Daddy John gave him the job.  No improvement from game 1.  Tullahoma won the state last year despite him.  This year with less talent Caleb's play calling and coaching up the Cats was a total failure.  Daddy being the AD has Coach Sisk's hands tied.  The Tullahoma players deserve better. Defense held their own despite being put into bad position for most of the year.  Seems like the best players were not on the field enough.  Special teams had a lot of breakdowns also.  Time to get rid of Daddy Ball.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TowMater said:

It is very clear to me that Tullahoma needs a OC.  Caleb Olive is Daddy's choice. Daddy John gave him the job.  No improvement from game 1.  Tullahoma won the state last year despite him.  This year with less talent Caleb's play calling and coaching up the Cats was a total failure.  Daddy being the AD has Coach Sisk's hands tied.  The Tullahoma players deserve better. Defense held their own despite being put into bad position for most of the year.  Seems like the best players were not on the field enough.  Special teams had a lot of breakdowns also.  Time to get rid of Daddy Ball.

Any reason Olive didn’t just make a push for his Son to get the HC Job? Jus Wondering 

9 minutes ago, Ttown58 said:

I heard the school board policy wouldn't allow him to hire his sons, as long as John Olive is AD. 

Good Policy. . Obviously we’d be in a worse situation if the kid can’t even Coach the Qb’s. Sisk is the man to keep Tullahoma at a high level. I agree with everyone else that he needs help with assistant coaches on Offense. Apparently THS “pays” the best in the state for coordinations. So let the Coach interview and get the guys he wants. And not worry about the crazy Nepotism.