Meigs @ Westmoreland playoffs 1st round 2022

Yeti

On 11/3/2022 at 8:44 PM, Mr. Postman1 said:

To add to that information. We beat Goodpasture that year during regular season. Also, the legend Clint brown passed away earlier this year. Our qb from that team chad Duggin, also and awesome player, passed away a few years ago! The brotherhood on that team still lives on today through the coaches and players that were as close as any family you’ll ever be around. It is why I have the passion for the sport of football that I have always had. Its been awesome to see my oldest son and now youngest to put that red #64 on today! One day my grandsons will hopefully do the same! Small towns like Westmoreland and I’m sure Decatur are a special places to be raised! I work in the big city of nashville every day for the past 26 years. I’ve met some high profile athletes that I have on my mail route and brought some with me to our games over the years. They have all been amazed at the passion we have for our small town highschool football team. 

This was a great win for our guys tonight! I love a hard fought, hard hitting game with everything on the line. Especially when your team comes out on top. Tyner will be the favorite by many to win next week. Westmoreland needs to come out and play with the passion and determination they played with tonight and good things will happen. We have to stop making the dumb penalties that cost us 15 yards. Proud of  our eagles tonight. They played tough football like the rockpile is known for!

6 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I figured Meigs was going to have to make some offensive plays to get past Westy there were not used to making to win this one. Sounds like a great defensive battle. It’s been fun Meigs! You guy will be brought back down to earth next year in 3A. Better learn to pass the ball more moving fwd. I’m just keeping it real

Not really, if we were in 3A this year we would have been playing at home last night. Its that one team that end’s everyone’s session in the east.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

By the way, this game was only close because of the personal foul penalties on the drive that handed Meigs a TD. It was about to get ugly had we not give them that first down by doing a boneheaded thing. 

I don’t know about all that. You guys came out and kicked our butts in the first half, but we handed you 7 points on a play call that I’m still trying to figure out. The second half we came to play. We had a good chance to win the game on our last drive, #9 was taking  over and getting big yards, then a young player lost his cool and it’s cost us. I thought it was a good game against two evenly matched teams.

11 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Good response. They woke up. I thought it was about to get ugly

The score should be a lot worse for how bad we played. They need to keep it up second half. 

They got a habit of making comebacks

Westy didn’t captialize on some things they really could’ve. I let you in on why when we play out last game of the season. It will all come clear to you

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I don’t know about all that. You guys came out and kicked our butts in the first half, but we handed you 7 points on a play call that I’m still trying to figure out. The second half we came to play. We had a good chance to win the game on our last drive, #9 was taking  over and getting big yards, then a young player lost his cool and it’s cost us. I thought it was a good game against two evenly matched teams.

I think what he’s saying is we gave you 45 yards in penalties for one of your TDs and then the other TD from 5 easily could have been called back for taunting and it almost bit him in the butt when we knocked it out of his hand while he was being cute…. Watertown would have beat East Robertson had they had our refs last night that didn’t call the taunting.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

I think what he’s saying is we gave you 45 yards in penalties for one of your TDs and then the other TD from 5 easily could have been called back for taunting and it almost bit him in the butt when we knocked it out of his hand while he was being cute…. Watertown would have beat East Robertson had they had our refs last night that didn’t call the taunting.  

Definitely a lot of penalties last night. But I guess you can expect that when two physical teams play. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

By the way, this game was only close because of the personal foul penalties on the drive that handed Meigs a TD. It was about to get ugly had we not give them that first down by doing a boneheaded thing. 

Meigs stupid decision on 4th and 3 from their own 8 cost them. They out played Westy in the 2nd half. 

What a game!! I'm just going to say this... #5 and 9 are good players for Meigs but 5 is very undisciplined, freshman or not. Meigs should of had more penalties for holding and hittin after the whistle, it was bad, but West eld their cool good. I'm just gonna say it, Meigs wouldn't have been able to do nothin if they hadn't changed up and started double teaming #64 even then wasn't able to do much with him, he was taking the Meigs line with him and still makin plays, that boy was eating y'alls lunch and coming back for seconds, I loved it. 58 and 60 was doing some great blocking and made some big plays on D these boys were on mission.

I was glad to see West letting 27 run the ball, I have missed seeing him all year and those that hadn't seen him before now know why I did. That boy will run through a brick wall and is tough as leather. West QB is too, he will hit you like you stole somethin from him. I loved seeing 5 and 25 getting some passes,do it a little more West, them boys can catch! 

Tyner better start now eatin some beans and taters, they gonna need em to play with these tough boys.  West is some cornbread fed good 'ol country boys who just love to play ball, they will hit ya in the mouth like you said somethin about their momma. I don't think you will find a harder hittin team or one any tougher than these boys! Good job West! 

• Like 1