McMinn Central at Sequatchie

Indian

14 minutes ago, gecko said:

This one will be the last one. This team just is not physical on the edge. Look for Skyles and Moffit to have a HUGE night in the valley. 

Sequatchie 42

Central 17

Valley teams are usually weaker compared to the surrounding regions. They beat up on each other and their records are always inflated. These teams are similar in play style but I feel better after the effort vs. Sweetwater. That effort wins.....possibly all the way to Q finals. 

Edited by catchnburn

On 10/29/2022 at 10:52 PM, THE89Charger said:

With the exception of Polk County Central  may  have played their best game of the year in the loss to Sweetwater.  With the lead on the first drive of  the second half an illegal procedure penalty on fourth down, which was converted, turned the entire game. First and ten went to fourth and six and a missed field goal. Sweetwater took over from there.  If Central plays against Sequatchie like they did against Sweetwater and Polk I like their chances. If the Central that played against Loudon and Rockwood shows up its gonna be  a long drive home.  The question is will the kids play with the same intensity they had at Sweetwater or will they let that game beat them twice?

I have experienced the defense being called for illegal substitution before the snap! The referee explained to me that all the offense has to do is line up over the ball, ready for play. 

Edited by catchnburn

1 hour ago, catchnburn said:

Friday Night was a different effort than we've seen. That effort beats Meigs, Rockwood, and competes with Loudon. That effort also wins this Friday. 

McMinn Cen. 21

Sequatchie Co. 14

That effort beats everybody but McMinn and obviously Sweetwater for the moment.  Couldn’t agree more with your post just need to add Loudon. 

Edited by THE89Charger

Think Mcminn central and sweetwater will continue to get better the next few years. Know they played each other for middle school region Champs night before the high schools played.  Central won the middle school game, but lost the high school game.  New coach has become involved at the middle school level as well at central. Which I think is something area football needed for a long time. Back in my days we would field Englewood rams with like 35 or 40 boys then they folded Englewood and Etowah knights into the central middle school team

On 10/31/2022 at 8:27 AM, catchnburn said:

Friday Night was a different effort than we've seen. That effort beats Meigs, Rockwood, and competes with Loudon. That effort also wins this Friday. 

McMinn Cen. 21

Sequatchie Co. 14

That doesn’t make sense. You lost to Sweetwater and Meigs beat SW, and Meigs is better than Loudon. I don’t know where your getting your logic.

I bought into the Central hype after the first five games but now I see that it was all hype.  Some people still have the blue blinders on thinking because we finally gave effort in Sweetwater game that we are world beaters now. They even want to go back and revise history saying we'd beat everbody on the schedule if we gave effort. It's the same old Central crowd with excuses all over again, year after year. Funny.  

2 hours ago, Italwa said:

I bought into the Central hype after the first five games but now I see that it was all hype.  Some people still have the blue blinders on thinking because we finally gave effort in Sweetwater game that we are world beaters now. They even want to go back and revise history saying we'd beat everbody on the schedule if we gave effort. It's the same old Central crowd with excuses all over again, year after year. Funny.  

Average Score Per Program

Moody (21-current)                           DD   (19,20)                                  Goodin  (09-18)

McMinn Central 17                          McMinn Central 13                     McMinn Central 18                     

Opponent 28                                    Opponent 30                                Opponent 30

B. Derrick (06-08)                              Williams (01-05)

McMinn Central 25                          McMinn Central 12

Opponents 19                                  Opponent 34

Edited by gecko

48 minutes ago, gecko said:

Looks like wash, rinse, repeat to me but I could be wrong. Dude is 7-13. Again, all hype, no substance. With, I might add, the most talented team of young men since 2014. Next season doesn't look any easier. If you schedule cupcakes, you are looking at 4-6 or 5-5 again and again. Just like 7-3 @ Bradley, again and again. 

0-2 vs. McMinn (5A)

1-1 vs. Tellico Plains (2A)

2-0 vs. Polk (2A)

1-1 vs. Signal (3A)

2-0 vs. Brainerd (3A)

1-1 vs. Kingston (3A)

0-2 vs. Sweetwater (3A)

0-2 vs. Meigs (2A)

0-2 vs. Loudon (3A)

0-2 vs. Rockwood (1A)

@ Sequatchie Friday Night

0-2 vs. 5A competition

4-6 vs. 3A competition

3-3 vs. 2A competition

0-2 vs. 1A competition 

Points For: 339

Points Against: 552

Average Score Per Program

Moody (21-current)                           DD   (19,20)                                  Goodin  (09-18)

McMinn Central 17                          McMinn Central 13                     McMinn Central 18                     

Opponent 28                                    Opponent 30                                Opponent 30

B. Derrick (06-08)                              Williams (01-05)

McMinn Central 25                          McMinn Central 12

Opponents 19                                  Opponent 34

lol

I’ve seen both teams play and it’s my opinion that is Sequatchie’s Senior heavy line shows up and takes the game over this game want be close.  Sequatchie offense is way more dynamic than what’s I’ve seen from McMinns. Sequatchie will be harder to defend.   Now if it proves that McMinn has better athletes than Sequatchie across the board then it’s a pickup.  Should be an electric crowd and the place should be packed with home and visitors packing the place out. From what I’m hearing Sequatchie is healthy across the board anyone know if McMinn is coming into this game fully loaded?  Sickness is going around all parts of the state how is it affecting both these teams? 

9 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

I’ve seen both teams play and it’s my opinion that is Sequatchie’s Senior heavy line shows up and takes the game over this game want be close.  Sequatchie offense is way more dynamic than what’s I’ve seen from McMinns. Sequatchie will be harder to defend.   Now if it proves that McMinn has better athletes than Sequatchie across the board then it’s a pickup.  Should be an electric crowd and the place should be packed with home and visitors packing the place out. From what I’m hearing Sequatchie is healthy across the board anyone know if McMinn is coming into this game fully loaded?  Sickness is going around all parts of the state how is it affecting both these teams? 

McMinn would beat Sequatchie 38-7. Sequatchie is not playing McMinn though. They are playing McMinn Central (Central High School of McMinn County) CENTRAL has an OL of all Seniors as well. And yes, CENTRAL is coming to the valley fully loaded. They are probably comparable to Bledsoe.

Edited by housemouse
addition