Unaka vs Greenback Rd. 1

creekerballer

11 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Those players from last year are no longer on the team at Rockwood. They have one player that is very cocky but that's about it, but he's harmless. The QB and the RT can be hot headed a bit, but no more than any other team.  But they have a bunch that will not take any crap especially the racist stuff. And they get the racist stuff alot. More than you would think. Last year's team was a mess. Kids would quit halfway thru a game. 

The only race that I know of is the human race, good and bad in every nationality. We all have the same creator.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Those players from last year are no longer on the team at Rockwood. They have one player that is very cocky but that's about it, but he's harmless. The QB and the RT can be hot headed a bit, but no more than any other team.  But they have a bunch that will not take any crap especially the racist stuff. And they get the racist stuff alot. More than you would think. Last year's team was a mess. Kids would quit halfway thru a game. 

They've got more than one.  The coach was chewing their butts after some personal fouls in the 4th quarter 

2 minutes ago, GinchNarb said:

I’m not sure if I am going to be able to make the trip to this game.  Hoping to make it though.   I will take Greenback in this one.  Not sure how good Unaka is this year.  Don’t know much about them.  Who are their playmakers?  

They have a speedy rb named Blamo and qb is Ensor.  They have some good receivers.  Biggest weakness is the line on both sides of the ball although they are not as bad as they usually are.  What hurt them against us was no tackles for loss.  Their secondary tackles well.  Hard to make splash plays against them.  Hampton just ground them up.  I look for it to be a tight game but if gb was coached up, they would blow them out.  Gb is better at the line of scrimmage and that should be the deciding factor 

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

They have a speedy rb named Blamo and qb is Ensor.  They have some good receivers.  Biggest weakness is the line on both sides of the ball although they are not as bad as they usually are.  What hurt them against us was no tackles for loss.  Their secondary tackles well.  Hard to make splash plays against them.  Hampton just ground them up.  I look for it to be a tight game but if gb was coached up, they would blow them out.  Gb is better at the line of scrimmage and that should be the deciding factor 

QB is Ramsey. HV has Ensor. 

32 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

QB is Ramsey. HV has Ensor. 

Creeker you obviously know More about Unaka than anyone. Can they Win against Greenback? PLEASE UNAKA LETS WIN A HOME PLAYOFF GAME. . I’m so PROUD You Finished with a winning record since the 70’s. But let’s at least win one for Legendary Coach Goddard. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

4 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Creeker you obviously know More about Unaka than anyone. Can they Win against Greenback? PLEASE UNAKA LETS WIN A HOME PLAYOFF GAME. . I’m so PROUD You Finished with a winning record since the 70’s. But let’s at least win one for Legendary Coach Goddard. 

Well I haven’t seen Greenback this year so I can only go off what I’ve read about them on here. I’m going to ignore the game against Hampton for a minute because they are legit 2A title contenders and focus on the game against Harlan, Ky that Unaka played.  They are the only other team to completely shut Unaka down. While their line was better than ours, what truly shut us down was the fact they had some long and athletic guys in the secondary and our receivers could get no separation from them. Also, the first quarter Harlan tried to out athlete us offense, running a lot of pass plays, stretch runs, and sweeps. That didn’t work, but in the second they adjusted and went to a power run and Unaka couldn’t stop it. 

I know Greenback seems to have a good defense and the offense has a tendency to disappear. I think it comes down to whether or not they can shut down our skill guys in the passing game and how well they can run the ball with power. I don’t think they will live in the backfield and pressure Ramsey, and he has an impressive arm and can make some throws when you think the play should be dead at that point. The line is definitely the weak spot, but we are okay in pass protect most of the time. Unaka definitely improved since that Harlan game, but I think their ability to do those two things will determine the outcome.