Sequoyah

Frontman

4 hours ago, Random1234 said:

Care to mention who your nephew is? 

I won't, its not my place. He's a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. The problem with Sequoyah currently is they were so far gone as a program as a whole it won't be a quick turnaround. Everyone comes in basically with the brick by brick mentality. And brick by brick will work as long as you have the masonry, logistics, and a few laborers to help keep it all going. Currently if Sequoyah gets its admistrstion on board they can turn it around. But it won't be a tomorrow type thing but a how much did we improve from last year type thing. Along with that comes the mentality for kids that they "can" win . If you have lost every game your whole career you undoubtedly will not have that killer instinct that successful programs can instill in their kids. I've seen the turnaround that happened at Meigs. Currently teams like Sequoyah get off the bus with the we can't win mentality. Eventually that changes to we can't lose mentality. Whether Sequoyah can get there isn't on the kids. It's all of the people that the kids will have to depend on to guide them to that point. 

Sorry for the long post but that's about what I see from Sequoyah. I did graduate from there in 96 so I know some of what has went on through the years. Just my 2 cents :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Yeti said:

I won't, its not my place. He's a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. The problem with Sequoyah currently is they were so far gone as a program as a whole it won't be a quick turnaround. Everyone comes in basically with the brick by brick mentality. And brick by brick will work as long as you have the masonry, logistics, and a few laborers to help keep it all going. Currently if Sequoyah gets its admistrstion on board they can turn it around. But it won't be a tomorrow type thing but a how much did we improve from last year type thing. Along with that comes the mentality for kids that they "can" win . If you have lost every game your whole career you undoubtedly will not have that killer instinct that successful programs can instill in their kids. I've seen the turnaround that happened at Meigs. Currently teams like Sequoyah get off the bus with the we can't win mentality. Eventually that changes to we can't lose mentality. Whether Sequoyah can get there isn't on the kids. It's all of the people that the kids will have to depend on to guide them to that point. 

Sorry for the long post but that's about what I see from Sequoyah. I did graduate from there in 96 so I know some of what has went on through the years. Just my 2 cents :thumb:

You must be a politician...could of wrapped it up with "i wont" 

3 hours ago, Random1234 said:

You must be a politician...could of wrapped it up with "i wont" 

Fair enough I guess. Not sure what knowing an adolescent teenagers name would benefit you or the thread but I chose not to share it. I did choose to add to the thread the best I could and the o ly way I knew how. Feel free to pickup a program on first GameDay. All of the kids should be in there :blink:

Edited by Yeti
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2