Sequoyah

Frontman

4 minutes ago, SayWhen55 said:

Oh don't forget the sequoyah AD

And what about him… you gonna come up with some elaborate scheme about how you didn’t stay on staff bc him, or bc they lie, or something else. I see someone coming out talking crazy, but yet not able to say anything that close to truth. I know that Frazier does know him, I know that coaches at college level know home and talk on regular basis, I know that the things done in 1 calendar year for the kids by this new staff is more than has been done in a decade. I know that sitting and obsessing over another dude is weird!

1 minute ago, Sandman63 said:

And what about him… you gonna come up with some elaborate scheme about how you didn’t stay on staff bc him, or bc they lie, or something else. I see someone coming out talking crazy, but yet not able to say anything that close to truth. I know that Frazier does know him, I know that coaches at college level know home and talk on regular basis, I know that the things done in 1 calendar year for the kids by this new staff is more than has been done in a decade. I know that sitting and obsessing over another dude is weird!

Lol Frazier's text read "never heard of him", I'm sure he just forgot. I'm not the one riding my brother's you know what.. That's some banjos off in the distance back in the holler kind of stuff lol. Alright boss, you do you and I'll keep eating my popcorn from afar.

4 hours ago, SayWhen55 said:

Someone on here wanted to note that there hasn't been a decent staff since Satterfield. My point to you and anyone else is you had coaches on the previous staff who got their start under Bill and was on the staff the last time Sequoyah reached the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2012, I believe? You had a head coach with connections everywhere and a track record that showed experience in the SEC while as a GA at Tennessee under John Chavis and Monte Kiffin and also had a stint in an off field capacity at the Cleveland Browns I think as a QB Analyst. So you all say Bolinger doesn't know football? Doesn't understand that he needs a strong supporting cast around him? He was told "No" a minimum of 12 times, when trying to bring in QUALITY coaches. The previous staff, which was already left short-handed, was also asked to stay after high school practice and coach the middle school one year. If YOU weren't front and center to witness all of this, you are only a skeptic at best.

I remember that team.  It was the very next year after Satterfield retired, right?  Maybe 2 years?  Well, that is right in the time frame of it still being a team Satterfield helmed!  If a coach can't win with that kind of holdover, they need to find a new line of work.  Satterfield is one of the best coaches to ever set foot on the field in Monroe and Loudon counties!!  He had a great staff.  Sharpe, Wiggins just to name a couple.  Look at his records compared to all of the time since.  5-5 is the average until the last three seasons.  The losing streak actually starts in 2018 when that staff lost the last 4 in a row.  Now, Bollinger had a lot of flash on his resume.  The kids were all excited about it.  Everybody talking about Fulmer and the browns and all.  But, why didn't his flash transfer to the field?  You say he couldn't bring in coaches.  Part of being a coach is doing the best you can with what you got.  So.....anyway!  As far as Vestal....He has just finished up his first season.  His offense went for more than any other team EVER at Sequoyah.  They were in almost every ball game this year.  We like what we see and we like the potential now that the kids aren't acting like a bunch of thugs.  If he interviewed at Sweetwater, so what?  The only time anybody needs to be concerned is if he was offered it and took it.  Whatever it is that has got hurt feelings, so what?  Let's support our chiefs!!!  If Vestal leaves, get behind whoever is next!!  HAIL TO THE CHIEFS, BABY!!!

12 minutes ago, ChiefstillIDIE said:

I remember that team.  It was the very next year after Satterfield retired, right?  Maybe 2 years?  Well, that is right in the time frame of it still being a team Satterfield helmed!  If a coach can't win with that kind of holdover, they need to find a new line of work.  Satterfield is one of the best coaches to ever set foot on the field in Monroe and Loudon counties!!  He had a great staff.  Sharpe, Wiggins just to name a couple.  Look at his records compared to all of the time since.  5-5 is the average until the last three seasons.  The losing streak actually starts in 2018 when that staff lost the last 4 in a row.  Now, Bollinger had a lot of flash on his resume.  The kids were all excited about it.  Everybody talking about Fulmer and the browns and all.  But, why didn't his flash transfer to the field?  You say he couldn't bring in coaches.  Part of being a coach is doing the best you can with what you got.  So.....anyway!  As far as Vestal....He has just finished up his first season.  His offense went for more than any other team EVER at Sequoyah.  They were in almost every ball game this year.  We like what we see and we like the potential now that the kids aren't acting like a bunch of thugs.  If he interviewed at Sweetwater, so what?  The only time anybody needs to be concerned is if he was offered it and took it.  Whatever it is that has got hurt feelings, so what?  Let's support our chiefs!!!  If Vestal leaves, get behind whoever is next!!  HAIL TO THE CHIEFS, BABY!!!

Sir you are 110% correct, at the end of the day, it falls on the coaches. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Shout out to John, great man and mentor to some. Whether or not you all want to be blind or ignorant of what else it takes to have a adequately manned and qualified staff, to build and sustain a program that can't keep up with the competition whom have communities and administration that are pouring, and investing into and supporting their program rather than tear it apart, griping about their son's playing time, that is your decision to do so. Kids are products of their environment. It's like many parents who expect teachers to raise their kids for them and get mad when they didn't turn out better. You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Some of the horses in Madisonville and Vonore aren't what they use to be, blue collared, tough, with a chip on their shoulder. Parenting, times changing, whatever it is. Yes, the proof will forever be in the pudding and I know that none of us can wait to taste it.

It ain't a question of being blind.  It's called give the man a chance!!  It's year one.  not year three!!  Is anything you have brought against him gonna change anything, whether it's true or false????  NOPE!  Is what you are saying on here gonna put more doubt in the minds of the kids and parents that are reading it??  YEP!! Is that how to get them to actually come out and play and get the team out of the 4.5 year rut of losing??  It is not!  Like my name says.  I'm a Chief till I Die!!  I want my community to have a sports team to be proud of and want nothing but the best for my kids, grandkids, and so on.  Everything you are doing is hurting the team and school MORE than anything that whether Vestal may or may not have applied for Sweetwater could ever do.  Just think about that.  It's not like they are going to fire him for applying somewhere else, or if he says he knows someone and don't.  Let it lie down.  Like you said earlier.  Sit back, each your popcorn.  If it happens, crow like no other rooster has crowed before.  Until then, eat that popcorn.  

1 hour ago, ChiefstillIDIE said:

It ain't a question of being blind.  It's called give the man a chance!!  It's year one.  not year three!!  Is anything you have brought against him gonna change anything, whether it's true or false????  NOPE!  Is what you are saying on here gonna put more doubt in the minds of the kids and parents that are reading it??  YEP!! Is that how to get them to actually come out and play and get the team out of the 4.5 year rut of losing??  It is not!  Like my name says.  I'm a Chief till I Die!!  I want my community to have a sports team to be proud of and want nothing but the best for my kids, grandkids, and so on.  Everything you are doing is hurting the team and school MORE than anything that whether Vestal may or may not have applied for Sweetwater could ever do.  Just think about that.  It's not like they are going to fire him for applying somewhere else, or if he says he knows someone and don't.  Let it lie down.  Like you said earlier.  Sit back, each your popcorn.  If it happens, crow like no other rooster has crowed before.  Until then, eat that popcorn.  

Lol well said good sir. I can actually respect your position and what you have to say. I happily went down this rabbit hole with only one person who wanted to argue because feelings were hurt. Truth does hurt sometimes, and sometimes, it's fun to play the villain. I truly hope the county finds a way to stop eating it's own one day.

Sincerely,

Old Crow Medicine Show

Edited by SayWhen55

Unpopular opinion but I think football in that area of the county would have been better had they not consolidated. Madisonville would be in 2a I imagine and vonore would be 2a as well I think.  Sequoyah hasn't really ever been good at anything as long as I can remember.  I will say this playing madisonville in 8th grade they were better than the team I played 9th grade year against Sequoyah it never made since to me and still doesnt.

19 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Unpopular opinion but I think football in that area of the county would have been better had they not consolidated. Madisonville would be in 2a I imagine and vonore would be 2a as well I think.  Sequoyah hasn't really ever been good at anything as long as I can remember.  I will say this playing madisonville in 8th grade they were better than the team I played 9th grade year against Sequoyah it never made since to me and still doesnt.

Most consolidations have never worked because a majority of kids have longer distance to go to school. Just like Etowah and Englewood. Back in the day Etowah would have been more powerful than McMinn Central is today. Even in Blount County 3 of the schools that went into Heritage would have beat them most of the time, especially Walland they would have beat Heritage every year since 1989.

• 4 months later...
37 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

Rumor has it vestall already on the hot seat. Some unhappy people in the community with all the false promises he's put out. Sequoyah has a soft soft schedule this year, if they don't get a win this year they never will. Pressure is on. 

They should of scheduled William Blount or at least tried because they would really stood a chance. Tellico or Howard is their only prayer or they will end the 23 season with 54 straight losses headed into the 24 year with a chance to break North Greene's losing streak that has stood for years. For something to get this bad there has to be a pack of idiots in the higher ups that have caused this problem. It never fails someone that shouldn't be has a finger in the pie for something to be this awful. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Random1234 said:

Rumor has it vestall already on the hot seat. Some unhappy people in the community with all the false promises he's put out. Sequoyah has a soft soft schedule this year, if they don't get a win this year they never will. Pressure is on. 

I'd bet you a coke they at least get a win this year possibly 2. :thumb:

My nephew plays for them and this will be his senior season. He is fond of the new coach and thinks he's a better coach than they have had previously.