Sequoyah

Frontman

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 12:22 PM, SayWhen55 said:

I understand you all have an outside prospective, and I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but that program is dead and will remain dead until leadership in the school system allows Sequoyah to be self governed by a competent administration. Parham is finding out real quick that the head principal of SQHS is micromanaged and manipulated beyond belief. Monroe County Schools is nothing but a cesspool. They do not care about athletics, or any extracurricular for the matter.  Hats off to Mike at Sweetwater who has done well, and is a great guy. Bobby has his work cut out for him at Tellico but he is a much better coach than Vestal. Those in power in MCS do not care about what is actually good for the students they represent and SERVE. Debi Tipton went from a beloved educator in the Vonore community to a spineless and deceitful cutthroat. Vestal is selling fool's gold to those dumb enough to buy it. He proclaims to be a Christian, that's all well and good, but he is also a pathological liar. Christian or not, that's not someone who should be leading young men. He pulled the rug out from under Cortez at LC, undermining him, wanting the head job. Since the time he arrived at SQHS, he had been caught in MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE, dumb and absolutely pointless lies. He told SQHS admin he pulled his name from the hat at LC when he accepted the job and on the day he came to speak to the boys, they found out that he, in fact, was still in the running at LC. He would have happily came to greet the boys at Sequoyah and then bail on them had he gotten the call. Lies about all of his supposed "connections". The panthers made an incredible decision not to hire him. Tried to run off a boy because he missed practice due to his father's heart operation and he and his wife both lied about how conversations went. This is kind of a running joke, but if you ever get the chance to watch him run or shake the man's hand, you'll know everything you need to know. There is a reason why McMinn County will not have him step foot back into the county he came from. Have a good day.

lol, this is so so funny.  The way that names are dropped is the best.  You are clueless my friend

10 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

lol, this is so so funny.  The way that names are dropped is the best.  You are clueless my friend

You're entitled to your own opinion, and I darn sure ain't your friend. It's a message board, no one has a gun to your head telling you that you have to believe everything. I know where I've been in relation to that program since '95.  I don't need your or anyone else's validation. Sweetwater potentially interviewing Vestal just to stir the county pot is brilliant, he seems to be sold on building SQHS back up.

14 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

Also, the way the program was left is a travesty.  Anyone that was a part of the mess he inherited should be black listed from coaching!  Thats all of the them.  The assistants are worse than the former head bc they endured the filth and allowed themselves the chance to stab him in the back 

Tells me how close minded you are. How about trying a different perspective? Maybe those individuals who dedicated their time, potentially years invested, tried to right the ship the entire time they were involved and could find zero support. Maybe some of those were a part of the reason the middle school program finally started up after pushing for it for years. It takes a village, things need to be in place for a program to succeed and find consistency, I'm truly sorry you think that is or has been the case at Sequoyah.

23 hours ago, SayWhen55 said:

I'm happy for all those that escaped that heck hole and am sad for those that have yet to do so. It was a blessing in disguise for those coaches that are no longer there I'm sure.

Don't know much regarding those schools but my grandfather played for Madisonville back in the early thirties but I never understood how they lived in Ballplay and he wasn't on Vonore instead. Maybe the road off the main highway didn't exist then possibly. It's very interesting to hear what's going on down there because my grandfather had a large family that live there now but I haven't seen in decades. It seems almost every small community has some kind of problems but this losing streak is a Tal Tell sign something stupid is happening down there and don't seem to be getting any better.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Frontman said:

I told you vestal was going to leave if he had the chance. But to another school in the same system takes some brass. I don’t know  if the powers that be will let him!

if he does go who in the world would they get to take his place??

It will be a revolving door and stepping stone for years to come. The damage has already been done, your current coach would rather coach your biggest rival. What kid wants to play for that?

23 minutes ago, SayWhen55 said:

It will be a revolving door and stepping stone for years to come. The damage has already been done, your current coach would rather coach your biggest rival. What kid wants to play for that?

You seem to have something for him… 10000 bucks says that he did not put in for another job. I have good feeling too that you have it out for him and have no factual proof to back up any allegations you have either. Plus pretty sure that he didn’t hire you and you got butt hurt

I have been reading this thread as well as watching Sequoyah from afar.  I read in the newspaper that Sequoyah set an all time school record for total offensive yards with over 4,000.  I also saw where that Sequoyah played in the #2 district in the state for 4A.  I try and listen to Sequoyah's games on the radio, and I know of 4 or 5 games this past year where they were winning at the half and then lost around the same number of games really close.  Like 7 or 10 points or less.  I checked with teachers I know that work there, the old record for yardage dates back to when Coach Satterfield was there.  That sounds like some really awesome potential.  Satterfield is the last time Sequoyah had a good coach.   A couple of the parents have said on multiple occasions how far behind their kids were in just regular football knowledge.  I have been told stories that the players were almost in shell shock when they actually practiced something other than offense the entire practice.  They talked about how the players had no experience with special teams, and no real experience working within a defense until Vestal and his crew got there.  Kids were having to be taught basic skills to play defense, not just run around hoping to run into someone and make a tackle.  One kid told me that he didn't know what to do since he actually had to show up to workouts and practice in the summer, because all he previously had to do was show up in August.  The people are constantly complimenting the team because they aren't acting like a bunch of thugs on the field, they are trying to play and win a ballgame.

All I can say is that Sequoyah is much better off with Vestal than any of those previous coaches like Bollinger.  It would have been a ton more of the same if they had hired any of the assistants as HC.  Vestal and his staff seem like they know what they are supposed to coach and how to actually coach.  It seems like every kid last year was on a freshman level, even the seniors, and they had to teach the basics instead of building on prior knowledge.  

I have seen pictures of how much improvement Vestal has done just with the facilities.  I remember being in the field house back when White was there and I felt like I needed a tetanus shot when I left.  The pictures posted online make it look like a totally different place.  I hear you can even catch Vestal there and he'll take you on a tour.  

I think that as Vestal and his coaches get the bad habits put into these boys from the last group of coaches and change the culture to one of respect, hard work, and discipline, they will be just fine and maybe back to the level of when Satterfield was there.  

Edited by footballinTN

On 2/5/2023 at 9:55 PM, Sandman63 said:

You seem to have something for him… 10000 bucks says that he did not put in for another job. I have good feeling too that you have it out for him and have no factual proof to back up any allegations you have either. Plus pretty sure that he didn’t hire you and you got butt hurt

Hope you got your 10k. Ask the assistant director if he did indeed apply. I'm sure you can figure out who that person is since you seem to have the pulse of everything going on.