D2-A Playoff Matchups

Bellsburg2

Initial thoughts on the playoff matchups for the first round.....

DCA and MTCS will roll against overmatched West opponents.

JCS might get a little fight from Columbia Academy, but I suspect the Eagles have too much offensive firepower for the Bulldogs.

Clarksville Academy and Lakeway should be a decent game. Lakeway is a little tough to read on paper and I haven't seen either team play yet. I'll have to track down some film from both before I could make a prediction.

TCA vs TKA should be the best game of the week. TCA has scored 42+ in 4 of their last 5 games. TKA defense has been stingy at times this year. I'd give the West TN version of the purple lions the nod by a TD or so.

Just trying to get the conversation started. Anyone have any insight to add?

7 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

JCS might get a little fight from Columbia Academy, but I suspect the Eagles have too much offensive firepower for the Bulldogs.

Clarksville Academy and Lakeway should be a decent game. Lakeway is a little tough to read on paper and I haven't seen either team play yet. I'll have to track down some film from both before I could make a prediction.

TCA vs TKA should be the best game of the week. TCA has scored 42+ in 4 of their last 5 games. TKA defense has been stingy at times this year. I'd give the West TN version of the purple lions the nod by a TD or so.

I think (I hope) you are right on the first two. Agree that Columbia Academy will give JC some competition early in the game. I will take Clarksville Academy in the next game, their QB is a threat no matter what and Lakeway will struggle to slow him down / defend the flats. On the last game, I think you are spot on, but having played both I think the East version gets it done in a close one.

Safe travels to all teams this week, some have got a haul!

8 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Wasn't Columbia Academy leading JCS at half in their game earlier this year? Before the game got cancelled for storms? I agree with y'all, that one might be interesting. 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:18 AM, Bemisbasser said:

It was 10-7 at the half.  Mosley wasn't at that game.  He totally changes how teams scheme for JC.

It certainly made a difference without Mosley in the lineup. My question is how  will the rumored loss of the JC quarterback change up the Friday matchup?

I wish we were in the A division. Our season is over tonight at CPA. We are going to finish 7-4. We finished 7-4 with Sir Cardinal Cardwrong in 2016 and a first round exit. Then we finished 8-3 with Jeremiah Boskow in 2019 ad a first round exit. Will we ever get past the first round again? I am a Rankin fan but I expected so much more from this season on Buccaneer Drive. To say I am disappointed is the understatement of the year. 

57 minutes ago, BoydBuchBacker said:

I wish we were in the A division. Our season is over tonight at CPA. We are going to finish 7-4. We finished 7-4 with Sir Cardinal Cardwrong in 2016 and a first round exit. Then we finished 8-3 with Jeremiah Boskow in 2019 ad a first round exit. Will we ever get past the first round again? I am a Rankin fan but I expected so much more from this season on Buccaneer Drive. To say I am disappointed is the understatement of the year. 

Why do you assume you will lose tonight against Boyd Buchanon?  Didn't ya'll beat Oakland earlier?