Monterey travels to Hampton RD2

WILDCAT4LIFE

46 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

You know Hampton as well as anybody Crow. Hampton does their talking on the field. Never been much into this Nostradamus, predicting scores before a game. This is reminding me a lot like last year...not many gave us much of a chance during any of the playoff games last year either.  Hampton will show up anyway with a workman like attitude, nothing fancy, and see how it ends up.....  by the way this is not talking about the Oneida playoff game last year.  That was one of the few games where both teams had mutual respect and not much score predicting was going on.

I almost never give a score prediction either. The only time I did this year was Rockwood and SG. I said Rockwood -12.5 so. . . grain of salt :roflolk:

2 hours ago, crow said:

I think this years Hampton might be a bit better than last. Last was very good also but this one is good on a different way. Not sure about tyner but I like y’all every week until then but make no mistake Monterey and York are steep hills but ain’t no hill for a climber. We just weren’t climbers this year. 

Were definitely different, faster to the ball and know more about our strengths. Were fairly simple and its just fine with us to grind it out all night. Where that gets us nobody knows but as you've always said, one game at a time.

2 hours ago, crow said:

I think this years Hampton might be a bit better than last. Last was very good also but this one is good on a different way. Not sure about tyner but I like y’all every week until then but make no mistake Monterey and York are steep hills but ain’t no hill for a climber. We just weren’t climbers this year. 

I couldn't disagree more. Did you get to watch the Oneida game this year? 

Again small sample size but last year's Hampton team to me was 10x better. Their QB last year was very good. 

39 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Again small sample size but last year's Hampton team to me was 10x better. Their QB last year was very good. 

How many yards did Hampton have last year against DB and how many did they have this year against an undefeated DB well

2 minutes ago, Socrates said:

How many yards did Hampton have last year against DB and how many did they have this year against an undefeated DB well

A lot more this year, they actually let up and let us score our last TD, other than that, we just couldn't sustain drives. DB basically returned the whole team.

50 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Well just keep at it, I’m sure you’ll find a way to increase your level of disagreement with me :lol:

I did not watch the Oneida game. Not a single snap, didn’t need to see that one. I have however watched a few other Hampton games this year. I agree their QB last year was a very talented athlete. So were his brothers when they played. This Hampton team, in my opinion, is overall a better team especially defensively. Just my take just as you have yours. Have you watched much Hampton the last 2 years other than the 2 Oneida beat downs?

Edited by crow

18 minutes ago, crow said:

Well just keep at it, I’m sure you’ll find a way to increase your level of disagreement with me :lol:

I did not watch the Oneida game. Not a single snap, didn’t need to see that one. I have however watched a few other Hampton games this year. I agree their QB last year was a very talented athlete. So were his brothers when they played. This Hampton team, in my opinion, is overall a better team especially defensively. Just my take just as you have yours. Have you watched much Hampton the last 2 years other than the 2 Oneida beat downs?

Yes, a year later and these boys are better on D than they were last year. We were a step behind on D vs good receivers but maturity has helped.

No way you can compare the two teams based on their games vs Boone. For one, last year we played in a 4-qtr freakin monsoon at Boone. The O you saw in last year's playoffs wasn't even set up until AFTER the Boone game. IMO the biggest thing that hurt us on D last year was we had those 3 games canceled due to covid or we may have been better prepared to stay closer with a team like WV.

4 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes, a year later and these boys are better on D than they were last year. We were a step behind on D vs good receivers but maturity has helped.

No way you can compare the two teams based on their games vs Boone. For one, last year we played in a 4-qtr freakin monsoon at Boone. The O you saw in last year's playoffs wasn't even set up until AFTER the Boone game. IMO the biggest thing that hurt us on D last year was we had those 3 games canceled due to covid or we may have been better prepared to stay closer with a team like WV.

And we didn't run the QB against Boone.  Hard to compare different teams, this bunch is not near as big in the line but we are overall quicker to the ball.  

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

And we didn't run the QB against Boone.  Hard to compare different teams, this bunch is not near as big in the line but we are overall quicker to the ball.  

That's my point. Basically lined up and just ran at Boone last year. It was a horrible experience all the way around Lol. Yes, QB ran once and attempted one pass if I remember correctly. These boys are definitely faster than they were last year and honestly, Levi is even a bigger force now! Geno is the beast I told him he'd be and your FS isn't having to come up and play LBR most of the time making stops because the speed is better. A years age does wonders!

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

That's my point. Basically lined up and just ran at Boone last year. It was a horrible experience all the way around Lol. Yes, QB ran once and attempted one pass if I remember correctly. These boys are definitely faster than they were last year and honestly, Levi is even a bigger force now! Geno is the beast I told him he'd be and your FS isn't having to come up and play LBR most of the time making stops because the speed is better. A years age does wonders!

Yeah  several have aged a year and much better at tackling, don't have to depend on one guy to make every tackle. I'd say we have 3 with near 100 tackles, makes a big difference.

Watching y’all against us either year sure wasn’t much help gauging how good you were either. Seen both versions several times both years, both were very talented groups just in different ways. Offensively you seem just as good or maybe a touch better to me but for different reasons than last year. Your defense this year is the real difference between the two. Don’t know if you’ll tote a gold ball back up the mountain or not this year but I’ll be pulling for you until you’re done regardless of when that is.