D2 - A Round 2

CougarDadx2

It's week 2 of the playoffs;  better known as the Quarterfinals in Div 2-A.  Below are my thoughts on each game.  My predictions are just me having fun by trying to guess the scores.  Let me know your thoughts of the games.  

FC vs DCA..week 3 rematch in which FC won fairly easy.  Since that game; DCA has won 6 games by an average of 39.5 points but have lost 3 games by an average of 33.3 points.  FC is very solid at QB, RB and has a really good WR.  I don't see DCA being able to stop FC on Friday night.  DCA stays within shouting distance in the first half but FC pulls away in the 2nd half for a 38-14 win.  

NCS vs TCA..TCA will make a trip east on I-40 to Nashville.  They are coming off an exciting win against King's Acd. that was sparked by a 75+ yard interception return for a touchdown.  TCA is a young team and I think the future looks bright for the Lions.  However, NCS is playing solid football and has won 8 straight games.  They earned a bye last week after winning the region the prior week by beating DCA.  The Eagles' QB is up for Mr. Football as a freshman.  He has a solid arm and moves very well.  Both #24 and # 25 run the ball well and they have 2 or 3 guys on the outside that can catch it.  The future is bright for TCA but tonight won't be their night.  NCS wins 42-7

JCS vs MTCS..I think this will be the best game of the 4.  JCS enters with a solid first round win over Columbia Academy and MTCS also had a good win over TRA.  I have seen JCS in person and watched 2-3 games of MTCS online.  My advice to JCS is to win the toss and receive the ball.  For them to win; they need to score early and make MTCS play catch up.  The Eagles will have a QB making his 2nd start of the year.  His job will be to secure the snap and hand it off to either 1, 3 or 23.  #3 Boyd is a smaller kid but very strong.  He will try to hide behind his lineman and then hit a hole.  Very fast and hard to bring down in open field.  JCS will try to get #1 and #3 the ball outside the tackles.  They will run a lot of jet sweeps or pitches.  MTCS will be in for a long night if #1 and #3 live outside most of the game.  That being said; MTCS is all about the run game.  They will line up and are trying to get 3-4 yards a clip.  They are fine with slower, time consuming drives.  The Cougars aren't afraid to go on 4th and short on their side of the field.  I believe they did it twice against FC. If MTCS gets a lead; they could make it very tough on  JCS with their running game.  This game might not last more than 1.5 hrs as both teams offensive strength is running the ball.  I really not sure either team will be able to completely stop the run.  JCS has a big advantage in the kicking game.  #14 routinely kicks touchbacks and has a range of about 40 yards on FG's.  This game comes down to a field goal and JCS pulls it out 24-21.  

USJ vs LCA..LCA went for 2 in OT to earn a win and advance to the 2nd round.  USJ is coming off a bye after wining their region.  The Bruins have won 8 straight and LCA has won their last 2 contest.  LCA making it to the 2nd round in only their 2nd full year of football is impressive.  LCA has an solid QB and a very good WR/RB in #1.  The Lions will try to confuse the Bruins with the way they receive their play calls from the sidelines.  They look towards the sidelines to get the play in a straight line and then break quickly into multiple formations.  The Bruins will counter with a very good QB and RB (#31 Mr. Football candidate).   #18 has multiple pass catchers that make it tough on defenses.  #0 at H-back has great hands and feet for his size, #17 is about 6'7" and #5 has great ball skills.  The leader of the pack is #8 Barksdale.  The kid is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.  He has 12 TD's on offense to go along with 5 int's on defense.  I think the Lions will stay around early but will wear down on the defensive side of the ball.  USJ is very big all the way across the offensive line.  The Bruins defense is only allowing an average of 7.5 points per game while scoring 46.5.  One interesting tidbit about this game;  the Loins OC is from Jackson and played QB at Northside.  LCA has had a great year.  However, I believe their season ends Friday night as the Bruins win 45-7.  The score might end up being a little closer but you have to remember that I'm a USJ homer!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

It's week 2 of the playoffs;  better known as the Quarterfinals in Div 2-A.  Below are my thoughts on each game.  My predictions are just me having fun by trying to guess the scores.  Let me know your thoughts of the games.  

FC vs DCA..week 3 rematch in which FC won fairly easy.  Since that game; DCA has won 6 games by an average of 39.5 points but have lost 3 games by an average of 33.3 points.  FC is very solid at QB, RB and has a really good WR.  I don't see DCA being able to stop FC on Friday night.  DCA stays within shouting distance in the first half but FC pulls away in the 2nd half for a 38-14 win.  

NCS vs TCA..TCA will make a trip east on I-40 to Nashville.  They are coming off an exciting win against King's Acd. that was sparked by a 75+ yard interception return for a touchdown.  TCA is a young team and I think the future looks bright for the Lions.  However, NCS is playing solid football and has won 8 straight games.  They earned a bye last week after winning the region the prior week by beating DCA.  The Eagles' QB is up for Mr. Football as a freshman.  He has a solid arm and moves very well.  Both #24 and # 25 run the ball well and they have 2 or 3 guys on the outside that can catch it.  The future is bright for TCA but tonight won't be their night.  NCS wins 42-7

JCS vs MTCS..I think this will be the best game of the 4.  JCS enters with a solid first round win over Columbia Academy and MTCS also had a good win over TRA.  I have seen JCS in person and watched 2-3 games of MTCS online.  My advice to JCS is to win the toss and receive the ball.  For them to win; they need to score early and make MTCS play catch up.  The Eagles will have a QB making his 2nd start of the year.  His job will be to secure the snap and hand it off to either 1, 3 or 23.  #3 Boyd is a smaller kid but very strong.  He will try to hide behind his lineman and then hit a hole.  Very fast and hard to bring down in open field.  JCS will try to get #1 and #3 the ball outside the tackles.  They will run a lot of jet sweeps or pitches.  MTCS will be in for a long night if #1 and #3 live outside most of the game.  That being said; MTCS is all about the run game.  They will line up and are trying to get 3-4 yards a clip.  They are fine with slower, time consuming drives.  The Cougars aren't afraid to go on 4th and short on their side of the field.  I believe they did it twice against FC. If MTCS gets a lead; they could make it very tough on  JCS with their running game.  This game might not last more than 1.5 hrs as both teams offensive strength is running the ball.  I really not sure either team will be able to completely stop the run.  JCS has a big advantage in the kicking game.  #14 routinely kicks touchbacks and has a range of about 40 yards on FG's.  This game comes down to a field goal and JCS pulls it out 24-21.  

USJ vs LCA..LCA went for 2 in OT to earn a win and advance to the 2nd round.  USJ is coming off a bye after wining their region.  The Bruins have won 8 straight and LCA has won their last 2 contest.  LCA making it to the 2nd round in only their 2nd full year of football is impressive.  LCA has an solid QB and a very good WR/RB in #1.  The Lions will try to confuse the Bruins with the way they receive their play calls from the sidelines.  They look towards the sidelines to get the play in a straight line and then break quickly into multiple formations.  The Bruins will counter with a very good QB and RB (#31 Mr. Football candidate).   #18 has multiple pass catchers that make it tough on defenses.  #0 at H-back has great hands and feet for his size, #17 is about 6'7" and #5 has great ball skills.  The leader of the pack is #8 Barksdale.  The kid is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.  He has 12 TD's on offense to go along with 5 int's on defense.  I think the Lions will stay around early but will wear down on the defensive side of the ball.  USJ is very big all the way across the offensive line.  The Bruins defense is only allowing an average of 7.5 points per game while scoring 46.5.  One interesting tidbit about this game;  the Loins OC is from Jackson and played QB at Northside.  LCA has had a great year.  However, I believe their season ends Friday night as the Bruins win 45-7.  The score might end up being a little closer but you have to remember that I'm a USJ homer!  

Pretty darn good assessment.  I think JC/MTCS will be a barnburner.  MTCS is very well coached but I agree the kicking game will be the difference and JC pulls it out. USJ will have a running clock in 3rd Q.  TCA has a fighting chance if they can score early and just get one or two stops in first half.  Odds are against them but they have the skill players to win the game.  I would suspect FC rolls and makes a statement for the showdown next week against USJ.  

I think MTCS is the sleeper.  I’ve seen them play as well as JC.  I predict JC will win that one but it wouldn’t surprise me if MTCS won by a couple of TD’s. 

13 minutes ago, Intense said:

Pretty darn good assessment.  I think JC/MTCS will be a barnburner.  MTCS is very well coached but I agree the kicking game will be the difference and JC pulls it out. USJ will have a running clock in 3rd Q.  TCA has a fighting chance if they can score early and just get one or two stops in first half.  Odds are against them but they have the skill players to win the game.  I would suspect FC rolls and makes a statement for the showdown next week against USJ.  

I think MTCS is the sleeper.  I’ve seen them play as well as JC.  I predict JC will win that one but it wouldn’t surprise me if MTCS won by a couple of TD’s. 

???? TCA has a tiny chance and that’s only if NCS’s QB doesn’t play.  The winner of MTCS/JCS will likely have to play a big, fast, talented NCS team with a QB who is one of the most talented QBS in the state regardless of age or classification. 

9 hours ago, FBGIRL said:

DCA lost to FC 14-13 in OT.  Heartbreaker.  

Great game that was just an old fashioned physical game. FCS dominated DCA the first game and has way more depth than DCA but this game they didn’t. In fact, DCA played only 12 guys with 9 going both ways. Congrats to FCS and best of luck!

Edited by Playerscoach