D2 - A Round 2

CougarDadx2

FCS 10 - USJ 7 at the half. Unfortunately I’ve missed most of the game trying to watch via NFHS. But from the bits and pieces I’ve seen it looked like USJ came out a bit flat but woke up in the second quarter. Did see several penalties and the fumble deep in their own territory which you just can’t have in the semifinals. Missed the USJ TD so maybe someone can fill us in? FCS is definitely 100% legit, but USJ seems to be holding their own and has looked good on defense other than the long TD run. Anybody’s ballgame. 

1 minute ago, Kublah said:

FCS 10 - USJ 7 at the half. Unfortunately I’ve missed most of the game trying to watch via NFHS. But from the bits and pieces I’ve seen it looked like USJ came out a bit flat but woke up in the second quarter. Did see several penalties and the fumble deep in their own territory which you just can’t have in the semifinals. Missed the USJ TD so maybe someone can fill us in? FCS is definitely 100% legit, but USJ seems to be holding their own and has looked good on defense other than the long TD run. Anybody’s ballgame. 

Yes, NFHS coverage is horrific!  

• Upvote 1

FCS just ran it right at USJ in the 4th Qtr. USJ had another good year resulting in a semifinal game but just couldn’t get over the hump. 

NCS was just too big, too fast, and too talented for JCS just like they have been for every other team in Div2A this year. 

FCS has their hands full vs NCS and their five star QB. NCS is bigger than FCS and both QBs are good players it’s just NCS’s QB can make unbelievable plays downfield when pressured. Can’t believe he’s a 9th grader because his size, speed, arm strength, and style of play say he’s a college QB right now. 

Congrats to all four semifinalists and best of luck to NCS and FCS. 

20 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Sorry my friend. I know your school is a NFHS member, but you can understand why I will not support a NFHS broadcast during the playoffs. I will miss the state championships this year cause I dropped my eplus cable package which carried the football and basketball championships for a streaming package that is 50 bucks a month cheaper. But I want do NFHS cause the quality of 95% of the broadcasts is just awful

I did not realize that Stork had to do the NFHS thing - apologize for the misinformation. Stork usually does his own thing apart from NFHS.

21 hours ago, FootballSchoolHigh said:

Was interested in your take on JC and game last Friday cougar?   Sorry if you have posted it elsewhere.

Sorry so late on this - I was working with Blackman yesterday and was out the door early. I expected a little better game last night between JC and NC. I thought NC would win (easy to say this morning). JC was a good balanced team, but overall team speed needs to improve to be able to compete with a USJ or NC - that's my takeaway.

MTCS is all about playing physical ball and grinding it out. We got way to conservative in the 3rd, plus the fumble and the personal foul call in the 4th was a killer. Credit to JC, they got knocked down, got up and brought it.

NC should win out over FC - speed and talent are just too much.

15 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

FCS over USJ. Injuries to key players may keep it close but FCS is too physical.

NCS over JCS. Every team goes into the game vs NCS and says “we are going to keep the QB from getting outside and extending plays” then nobody does it. He’s easily the best player in the division and one of the best in the state regardless of class. 

That turned out to be the case with NCS 54 JCS 20. People might look at NCS season stats and not see 250-300 yard passing games all over, but that’s because NCS has just found their rhythm in the offense the last half of the season.

Believe it or not Curtis was not the NCS starter coming into the FRA game to start the year. They brought him in down 20 and had a chance late to beat FRA on the road. If those two teams play now I’m not sure FRA escapes like that. Those two early season losses against higher division opponents (FRA and Goodpasture) would NOT go that way with this team right now. They’ve figured things out.
Curtis is gifted and is one of those special players who’s even better when a play breaks down. The defense has also gotten better ever since they totally stunk it up against Davidson Academy midway through the season. NCS is an impressive, complete, team peaking at the perfect time. FCS is going to have their hands full.

• Like 1