Will tssaa ever stop being crooks?

fooseball95

38 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

This is hogwash.  A lawsuit would lose, and we aren't being treated unfairly.  Kreager just shared on Twitter that the money take from 2021 football broke down like this:

Member Schools   50%

Officials                  10.3%

Insurance               25%

TSSAA                     14.7%

Now either Kreager is lying, or we get a way better deal than they do in Georgia as I shared earlier.

The article i looked up from Georgia shows they take 12% plus some expenses. They also pay a pretty penny to use the Georgia State stadium which TSSAA does not, they bid it out and make money off the place the games are played. I would love to see the breakdown of how much each team in the state finals made last year as the article i read showed the smallest school in GHSA finals made 6,953 for the team not both. the finalist for the largest classification made 15,994 and that is with the lowest attendance the GHSA final games have ever been played in front of. That also doesnt take into account that wrestling finals take place inside of an agriculture center or as we call it "The Cow Palace" because it was the cheapest place for TSSAA to rent and of course its all about the money. Also the football doesnt take into account the sponsors that pay a pretty penny to sponsor the finals games that money all goes into the pocket of the TSSAA. 

they really need to make the playoffs smaller so these teams that shouldnt be playing "playoff" football because they have a terrible record but their region has no teams. But that would also be less money in the TSSAA pocket and we know they arent going to cut their own throats. They have always been a big racket, I've worked under both them and GHSA and would take GHSA any day of the week.

7 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

they also have to pay insurance and officials rather than the org.  Look at my post above yours.  IT'S THE SAME AMOUNT IN THE END.  In fact, I thing Georgia pays more.

those dues the schools pay for membership cover insurance costs you can look it up on GHSA website with the breakdown. You say TSSAA pays 40something% of what not for insurance, if thats the case they are getting ripped off because its not even close to that % when paid as part of dues for GHSA membership. 

Lets just say the biggest classification in UGA they pay 420 in their dues for membership and 695 for a full year for insurance. That is for a AAAAAAA team and it goes down for each class size. TSSAA is a ripoff, always has been and always will.

3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

those dues the schools pay for membership cover insurance costs you can look it up on GHSA website with the breakdown. You say TSSAA pays 40something% of what not for insurance, if thats the case they are getting ripped off because its not even close to that % when paid as part of dues for GHSA membership. 

Lets just say the biggest classification in UGA they pay 420 in their dues for membership and 695 for a full year for insurance. That is for a AAAAAAA team and it goes down for each class size. TSSAA is a ripoff, always has been and always will.

You are literally making up numbers here.  No convincing you.

Reminder About GHSA Catastrophic Insurance Coverage

GHSA Provides Catastrophic Coverage

A reminder from the Georgia High School Association that the GHSA provides Catastrophic Accident Medical Coverage to participants at all member schools.

Coverage is provided for students participating in interscholastic competition (governed by the regulations of the state high school athletic/activities authority), including school- supervised practice, tryouts, pre- and post-game related activities including award banquets and covered travel, as defined under the policy.

All student athletes, student managers, student trainers, student cheerleaders and students participating in interscholastic competition are eligible.

The GHSA Catastrophic coverage includes medical, disability, rehabilitative and custodial benefits per the policy. The policy carries a $25,000 deductible for accident medical expenses.

Currently, the GHSA pays three-quarters of the policy premium for all member schools with the remainder coming from the school’s dues.

Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association Catastrophic Insurance 2022-23 School Year Our company, Loomis & LaPann, Inc., designs the Catastrophic Insurance Program for the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association. Again this year the TSSAA will provide a Catastrophic Insurance Policy that covers students and/or student athletes in all TSSAA sanctioned activities including travel to and from. The policy is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company and has a $500,000 Medical Limit with a $15,000 deductible. Please note that sanctioned activities are activities that comply with all TSSAA rules and regulations and the TSSAA Catastrophic Insurance Coverage is extended for those activities only. When Athletes, Coaches, and Athletic Directors are Covered 1. Participating in a TSSAA sanctioned sport during the time outlined in the TSSAA Sports Calendar. 2. Practicing in a TSSAA sport during the time that conforms with the rules, regulations, and season outlined in the TSSAA Sports Calendar. 3. Summer Practice – Must be a school team practicing as a unit during the time specified in the TSSAA Sports Calendar with a school coach in charge. 4. Weight lifting and conditioning is only covered during the season when teams are allowed to practice. 5. Preseason Scrimmages 6. Team travel to and from an athletic practice and/or contest with a school coach in charge. Independent travel is not covered, i.e. athletes driving their own vehicles. 7. Coaches and athletic directors are covered working all TSSAA sanctioned activities including travel to and from (Medical Limit - $50,000; Deductible (Integrated) - $5,000).

12 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Wonder whos insurance is protecting schools and members more?

none, have you ever used one of those insurance policies? I have when coaching and you better have your own policy or you are F'd. So let me know have you used them before and know what actual protection they offer, i work in insurance so i promise you i do know. As far as my numbers and you being to lazy or slow to look it up.

https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/forms/DuesInvoice_Rev2019.pdf

https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/ghsa-football-finals-strike-attendance-low-payouts-sent-this-week/2O44XNM2MZG55AKKRRTINGDZCA/

oh and by the way GHSA pays mileage to the schools, dont think ive ever heard of TSSAA doing such. Again you are looking a fool and have no idea what you are talking about. I coached and taught for years before giving it up because of crap like TSSAA and teachers unions and such. Wasnt even close to worth it, but you are darn right if TSSAA wanted to offer me a cushy 6 figure salary not counting all the fringe benefits, I would be all for it. where do i apply?

23 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

none, have you ever used one of those insurance policies? I have when coaching and you better have your own policy or you are F'd. So let me know have you used them before and know what actual protection they offer, i work in insurance so i promise you i do know. As far as my numbers and you being to lazy or slow to look it up.

https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/forms/DuesInvoice_Rev2019.pdf

https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/ghsa-football-finals-strike-attendance-low-payouts-sent-this-week/2O44XNM2MZG55AKKRRTINGDZCA/

oh and by the way GHSA pays mileage to the schools, dont think ive ever heard of TSSAA doing such. Again you are looking a fool and have no idea what you are talking about. I coached and taught for years before giving it up because of crap like TSSAA and teachers unions and such. Wasnt even close to worth it, but you are darn right if TSSAA wanted to offer me a cushy 6 figure salary not counting all the fringe benefits, I would be all for it. where do i apply?

Mileage for what and to whom? It's not to the schools.

And you haven't even talked about the nearly 1/2 million in fines they issued in GA.

1 hour ago, wholder said:

No clue on what coached make but I'd say it's not close to what I posted

Not in Tennessee but the good public school football coaches in Texas make 100,000+ and they are not required to teach.  The school taxes in Texas are also much higher than in Tennessee.

4 hours ago, rlh said:

Haul your  butt all the way from South Pittsburg to Cloudland on a school bus and knock heads, and then get back on school bus and ride home.  Then get  back to me on that. That is about 275 miles and 4.5 hours one way.  That was last years semifinal game in 1a.

I’m not disagreeing, that is what I would want for my child too.  What I am saying that added expense is not the responsibility of the TSSAA. 
just to put it in perspective, when I was in school we went to Oak Ridge, Jackson Central Merry, Germantown, and Baylor on the yellow bus and it did not hurt my butt one bit. If you want nicer things pay for them and quit crying when somebody ain’t footing your bill. 
just to put this in perspective, our charter busses were over $6000 this year in our first 2 games. Our booster club works hard and foots this bill.