TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

1 minute ago, crow said:

Yes I’m aware the school district and the city limits are vastly different. The busses turn around just before Burchfield school. That was a hang up for NB I believe. Moved inside the city but outside the school district so had to sit if I remember correctly. 

I also think he got a shortened sit time because he didn't finish the football season freshman year. It's a shame he was always hurt cause he was a monster. 

1 minute ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I guess it could happen once every decade. Who was it? I mean if you think about it, why would they want to? Maybe in basketball it will start happening more for girls and boys, but not in football or baseball. 

I’m not willing to air it out here for their privacy but it was a starter and football was one of the sports. I’ll admit it isn’t common but it’s not a never situation. 

Just now, TSSAAfootball said:

I also think he got a shortened sit time because he didn't finish the football season freshman year. It's a shame he was always hurt cause he was a monster. 

Yeah I think his year was up game 4-5 his junior year. He could’ve been a stud anywhere he played especially on defense but just couldn’t avoid injury. He went 100% all the time but that was probably part of the problem. Some kids go like that and never get hurt. Some get hurt every time they go like that. He was unfortunately the latter. 

16 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

You are talking the city of oneida as far as utilities. The city school limits are different. Much smaller. In fact the Oneida Water plant which you referenced is right on the border of the school zone. The oneida school zone is tiny. 

That is true but Oneida kids do not go to Scott for athletics. 

It’s a strange situation. Oneida water doesn’t even cover all of Oneida to the south unless that’s changed recently. But extends well beyond to the west. Just a very confusing set up as to what is and isn’t “city”. 

Edited by crow

Just now, crow said:

Yeah I think his year was up game 4-5 his junior year. He could’ve been a stud anywhere he played especially on defense but just couldn’t avoid injury. He went 100% all the time but that was probably part of the problem. Some kids go like that and never get hurt. Some get hurt every time they go like that. He was unfortunately the latter. 

Never saw a guy run that looked to run towards a defender rather than away. From MS to HS he wanted to hurt people while on offense. Just an absolute monster. 

1 minute ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Never saw a guy run that looked to run towards a defender rather than away. From MS to HS he wanted to hurt people while on offense. Just an absolute monster. 

Ran a lot like the Lowe kid from a few years back. If they got into the open field they started looking for someone to run towards to hit. NB was faster though. 

23 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I guess it could happen once every decade. Who was it? I mean if you think about it, why would they want to? Maybe in basketball it will start happening more for girls and boys, but not in football or baseball. 

Another example of what you’re saying is Anderson county. They’ve got a receiver that actually caught a TD pass against Scott that lives less than 2 miles from Scott high. He’s been providing his own transportation to and from for years now. There are several kids that live inside Scott that go to Anderson and other out of county schools that play sports. Maybe I should say it’s been happening for years, other than the one I mentioned I’m not aware of any other current players doing that this year. 

10 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

So did @OHSIH bring you in for backup @TSSAAfootball ? Kinda funny how that all went away and you show up :roflolk:

Oh yeah Btw since you seem to be in the KNOW on Oneida football why did Jimmy May dodge that nuclear bomb last night from Scott’s coach?? Any insight on that one?? 

Coach Harris didn’t leave any room for doubt on where he stood on the situation fo sho. 

7 minutes ago, crow said:

Coach Harris didn’t leave any room for doubt on where he stood on the situation fo sho. 

May have went 0-10 but them balls of steel showed up last Night! However the Orange team as he called them wouldn’t even acknowledge that tells me all I need to know. 

Edited by Spike016

3 hours ago, Spike016 said:

So did @OHSIH bring you in for backup @TSSAAfootball ? Kinda funny how that all went away and you show up :roflolk:

Oh yeah Btw since you seem to be in the KNOW on Oneida football why did Jimmy May dodge that nuclear bomb last night from Scott’s coach?? Any insight on that one?? 

I honestly don't know exactly what you guys said to start the whole thing, so I probably won't have much to say on that. 

As far as Scott vs Oneida...I can see why Oneida wouldn't want to play them. They are looting all their good kids because most people think Oneida would beat Scott and is a better program. If they did play and Scott won, then that would certainly go away fast. Jimmy May is a really good guy and he's no dummy. If Oneida starts going 4-7 every year and the perception changes, then I can see them rethinking that contract. But for now, what's the upside?

52 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I honestly don't know exactly what you guys said to start the whole thing, so I probably won't have much to say on that. 

As far as Scott vs Oneida...I can see why Oneida wouldn't want to play them. They are looting all their good kids because most people think Oneida would beat Scott and is a better program. If they did play and Scott won, then that would certainly go away fast. Jimmy May is a really good guy and he's no dummy. If Oneida starts going 4-7 every year and the perception changes, then I can see them rethinking that contract. But for now, what's the upside?

I got a feeling you know exactly what was said but I’ll leave it at that. 

Are you serious what is the upside??? Umm let me show you a little symbol that might make it a little clearer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Let me say a little more being a “good guy” doesn’t make you a good football coach and 4-7 any year at Oneida should be completely unacceptable.. The higher ups should have more pride and want to be better than that. If 4-7 is acceptable at Oneida then Lord help us. 

Edited by Spike016