TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

17 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I figured they may have one or two longer trips and they may want to stay with Greenfield,Dresden.But would have a much better chance of making playoffs as far as finishing in top 4 in other region.I was curious to why TSSAA would kept West Carroll in our region past couple years and move Dresden and Gleason and all a sudden reverse course.Makes LC scheduling easier with only having to pick up 3 games but adds another tougher team in Dresden.

I was told last time around WC asked to be put over in 7.  I am not sure if that is true, but it didn't make any sense for them going that way being in Carroll County.

13 hours ago, mrbigster said:

So  they put Dresden ,Union City and LC together with 8 teams and West Carroll in other region with 6 teams.Union City is loaded and has young team,Dresden I think is young and very good.I think LC will be better next year than this year.So If things go as I believe that leaves 1 spot between South Fulton,Humboldt,Gleason,Greenfield.Think Humboldt will be improved.Dont understand the TSSAa puts West Carrol in our region and Dresden and Gleason in the other and all a sudden,bring them back.So Im anxious to see if Gleason appeals to stay in other region with better chance to make playoffs.Looks like be easier to make the playoffs next year in the other region with McKenzie probably the best team year in and out.

I surprised they didn't do this last classification tbh I had myself prepared for it anyway. It somewhat makes sense to keep Carroll county teams together, same with Weakley Gibson and Obion. I don't like the 6 vs 8 team regions though 

Edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

38 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Not in the playoffs though cause Region 1 has 4 good teams now instead of 2. First round of playoffs will be much different next year. 

I don’t agree with 4 “good” teams year in and year out. Eagleton will be as will Hampton most years. SG has only recently been good so we’ll see if it is sustained, HV is up and down like most schools are and WG is as well. I’d look for 1 or 2 good teams per year with the others being average or below just like most any other region. This year we’re way down, York and Monterey are above their average, Bledsoe is middle of the road. Hampton is better than their average team this year as is SG. It’ll all work out, if we’re good enough to compete then we will. If not then might as well get a jump on basketball. 

Edited by crow