TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

15 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Well good then I'm sure you realize then that Oneida's best lineman last year(X), oneida's 2 best defensive players (MB RD) and and the big QB (NB) who would have started at DE all year...they were all transfers from Scott. 

He would have but didn’t start at DE yes. One was a transfer that sat a year. Did X come as a freshman or sophomore? If he came in after middle school then I’ve already said that’s not a “transfer” he was never enrolled at another high school. By he I’m speaking in a generalization not X specifically. As I stated I’m not sure when he came in. Lastly MB, again I’m not sure when he came up. Honestly don’t remember where he played middle school ball. Didnt NB and RD both play at Burchfield which is inside the city limits? I could be mistaken there. 

19 minutes ago, crow said:

He would have but didn’t start at DE yes. One was a transfer that sat a year. Did X come as a freshman or sophomore? If he came in after middle school then I’ve already said that’s not a “transfer” he was never enrolled at another high school. By he I’m speaking in a generalization not X specifically. As I stated I’m not sure when he came in. Lastly MB, again I’m not sure when he came up. Honestly don’t remember where he played middle school ball. Didnt NB and RD both play at Burchfield which is inside the city limits? I could be mistaken there. 

And this is why I am so confused on why Oneida wasnt a contender??I remember you calling me and telling me about these kids then I came and saw them!Another feather in the hat of bad coaching IMO 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, crow said:

They all came at same time, sophomore year, but some had to sit out different lengths of time. 

Burchfield is not within city limits of Oneida. 

Burchfield kids go to Scott High but they can go to Oneida if they want, they just don't get transportation. If they go after 9th grade they have to sit out a year unless they "move". 

45 minutes ago, crow said:

Upon further review X came in around sophomore year. MB probably then possibly junior. NB and RD were juniors. A few of them for sure were Burchfield kids so went to a county school in the city limits. The big lineman was always at Oneida. 

23 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

They all came at same time, sophomore year, but some had to sit out different lengths of time. 

Burchfield kids go to Scott High but they can go to Oneida if they want, they just don't get transportation. If they go after 9th grade they have to sit out a year unless they "move". 

Burchfield school is most certainly inside the city limits. City limits extends all the way out to meadow creek subdivision several miles past Burchfield. The Oneida city water treatment plant is across the street from the school. 

edit the school building is not located inside the city limits but sits a few feet off the Highway that is inside the city limits with city infrastructure across the street and the city limits extending several miles beyond the school but yes it does sit outside the city limits. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I understand the eligibility requirements. 

Edited by crow

29 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Oneida kids can also go to Scott. Oneida is in Scott county after all I am sure if that lol. 

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

While @crow and me were at @pujos Roadhouse Grill and Galax house and we were just yapping about buzzing the tower when @rtl112 walked up and asked us about our opinions on Rockwood moving/coming to 1A R2 and our thoughts on who would fill R2 2A.About that time @uknoit2 and @Gbnation where at the piano singing you lost that loving feeling and @THE KINGwas kissing some girl in the girls bathroom while @Spike016 was walking around mumblingvtalk to me Goose!I jotted this down on a piece of paper.See I'm not lying!!

20221109_092310.jpg

Lord have mercy how I miss this :roflolk:

32 minutes ago, crow said:

Burchfield school is most certainly inside the city limits. City limits extends all the way out to meadow creek subdivision several miles past Burchfield. The Oneida city water treatment plant is across the street from the school. 

You are talking the city of oneida as far as utilities. The city school limits are different. Much smaller. In fact the Oneida Water plant which you referenced is right on the border of the school zone. The oneida school zone is tiny. 

5 minutes ago, crow said:

Oneida kids can also go to Scott. Oneida is in Scott county after all I am sure if that lol. 

That is true but Oneida kids do not go to Scott for athletics. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

1 minute ago, TSSAAfootball said:

You are talking the city of oneida as far as utilities. The city school limits are different. Much smaller. In fact the Oneida Water plant which you referenced is right on the border of the school zone. The oneida school zone is tiny. 

You keep saying that but I know for a fact it has happened. Guarantee. The situation I’m personally aware of was several years back but it does happen. Not saying it was a Mr. football candidate but he started his last 2 years in multiple sports. 

6 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Yes I’m aware the school district and the city limits are vastly different. The busses turn around just before Burchfield school. That was a hang up for NB I believe. Moved inside the city but outside the school district so had to sit if I remember correctly. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

You keep saying that but I know for a fact it has happened. Guarantee. The situation I’m personally aware of was several years back but it does happen. Not saying it was a Mr. football candidate but he started his last 2 years in multiple sports. 

I guess it could happen once every decade. Who was it? I mean if you think about it, why would they want to? Maybe in basketball it will start happening more for girls and boys, but not in football or baseball.