Football regions are out

mondo44

4 hours ago, cbg said:

The only public schools that I continually bash are MNPS and as a graduate I do feel that I have that right.  The main reason that MNPS are so bad is they are layered with career politicians that don’t want to fix the issues because they send their own children to private schools. Just look at where King John Cooper sent his own children to school.  Let’s go one step further and ask what was the last mayor of Davidson County that sent their own children to MNPS?  I know that I am dating myself but in the 60’s and 70’s you had a good school system in Nashville.  The minute they closed the neighborhood school system things began to rapidly go down hill and now you have complete chaos. Before MNPS closed the neighborhood schools you only had a a select few private schools (Montgomery Bell Academy, Father Ryan and David Lipscomb) in Nashville that participated in football. All of the other private, charter and magnet schools began popping up much later.  Currently in Davidson County you have high schools that were built for 2000 students that today barely have 600 students and most every publication claims that Nashville is the number one city in the USA to live.  If so many people are moving to Nashville and Davidson County why is the MNPS system not busting at the seams and being forced to build new schools?  The reason is that MNPS are atrocious and when people have children they either move outside of Davidson County to a better schools system or they send their children to private schools.  In closing I would really like to know how the public schools in Florida, Georgia, Texas, California, Pennsylvania and Ohio are able to consistently compete with the private schools in their state.  What are the public schools in those states doing differently than Tennessee?  Where I am currently at in Texas the public schools are so dominant in football that the private schools truly can’t compete with the public schools.  

Maybe the Texas Schools need to hire some of the Tn privates recruiters then … you really want public schools to be the bad guys while giving the Privates a free pass . You’re speaking to one of the few public guys that wouldn’t mind throwing all the schools together and I’m telling you trying to shame the public schools into playing or implying that public schools are inferior is not the way to go . 

On 11/19/2022 at 9:05 AM, pepvol said:

Maybe the Texas Schools need to hire some of the Tn privates recruiters then … you really want public schools to be the bad guys while giving the Privates a free pass . You’re speaking to one of the few public guys that wouldn’t mind throwing all the schools together and I’m telling you trying to shame the public schools into playing or implying that public schools are inferior is not the way to go . 

One could also look at it as if the Tennessee public schools need to research how the Texas public schools are so dominant against the private schools!  Just a hunch but the Texas public schools place much more emphasis on football than the public schools in Tennessee.

Edited by cbg

8 minutes ago, cbg said:

One could also look at it as if the Tennessee public schools need to research how the Texas public schools are so dominant against the private schools!  Just a hunch but the Texas public schools place much more emphasis on football than the public schools in Tennessee.

Yeah I would say there is more funding and emphasis for public schools in Texas than Tennessee. Privates in Tennessee have way more resources and funding than most public schools when it comes to football. 

1 minute ago, Rhea Co. said:

Yeah I would say there is more funding and emphasis for public schools in Texas than Tennessee. Privates in Tennessee have way more resources and funding than most public schools when it comes to football. 

I am not convinced that it’s totally a financial issue.  There is just much more community support for high school athletics in Texas than in Tennessee. When you have 5000-10,000 fans show up to watch two small enrollment high schools play football that really say something.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

I am not convinced that it’s totally a financial issue.  There is just much more community support for high school athletics in Texas than in Tennessee. When you have 5000-10,000 fans show up to watch two small enrollment high schools play football that really say something.  

if you look at the facilities at schools like oakland or even the brand new liberty creek, I don't think it is solely a resource or financial issue.  I think cbg is right that it is community support.  alcoa and maryville have had decades long success, at times against private schools, and I would say it has a lot to do with community support.  

17 hours ago, TremblingCat said:

How would he even know who your talking about. Sounds like your scared. 

That's BS.  How would he know who I'm talking about.  You are such an amateur.  You said in this thread that you graduated from Halls.  HCSC  says that he has had zero family members graduate from Halls. except for his oldest son that finished last spring.  And you are not Caden Cummings! So get lost troll.