new regions out

theawesomebro

41 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2023&sportid=1&type=high

talk about murderer's row in D2-AAA East.  4 of the current top 5 in the state in one region...LA, MBA, McCallie and Baylor.  yikes

Add BA & LA to the East and by far you have the best region in the state.  Wish Pope, Ryan and Ensworth were still part of the region. Pope did not win much in the old East/Middle region however I saw some very good teams with studs all over the field.  Saw many kids that ended up playing on Sundays. 

14 hours ago, JRB said:

Add BA & LA to the East and by far you have the best region in the state.  Wish Pope, Ryan and Ensworth were still part of the region. Pope did not win much in the old East/Middle region however I saw some very good teams with studs all over the field.  Saw many kids that ended up playing on Sundays. 

its a bummer there aren't enough teams to have east, middle and west.  would love to have LA playing all the nashville teams before traveling.  it's going to be lots of traveling in region plus the travel for non-region games that lipscomb already has going.  I believe they are slated to go to maryland next year if calvert hall keeps the game.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

its a bummer there aren't enough teams to have east, middle and west.  would love to have LA playing all the nashville teams before traveling.  it's going to be lots of traveling in region plus the travel for non-region games that lipscomb already has going.  I believe they are slated to go to maryland next year if calvert hall keeps the game.  

It really got "jammed up" when Knox Catholic joined the mix and TSSAA split up the Middle/East region.  Before the split, the middle TN teams usually had 1 region travel game to Chatt - however Baylor and McCallie did a decent amount of traveling. 

CPA and Pope should play up like BA, Ensworth, LA . It would make AAA even more sound. AA quality down w/o LA , the addition of USJ will help . Webb and Lakeway have both struggled in single A not sure how going AA helps division or programs. I realize not by choice but just adds more running clock games.

42 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

CPA and Pope should play up like BA, Ensworth, LA . It would make AAA even more sound. AA quality down w/o LA , the addition of USJ will help . Webb and Lakeway have both struggled in single A not sure how going AA helps division or programs. I realize not by choice but just adds more running clock games.

yeah CPA and Pope would have made for a nice, well rounded AAA.  AA has too broad of a range with lakeway and webb who aren't competitive in A to CPA who can beat most any team when everything is clicking.  

4 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

yeah CPA and Pope would have made for a nice, well rounded AAA.  AA has too broad of a range with lakeway and webb who aren't competitive in A to CPA who can beat most any team when everything is clicking.  

I lobbied with the Pope AD to no avail.  Supposedly we will be back in 2 years.

coulda had another nashville school in the west if one of the institutions in D2-AA east wernt still holdin numbers

wooda liked to been a booger under the table when the lobbyin and money lauderin by the blue blood schools out of Music City area were vyin for who was goin to the western region

Booger just sayin :roll:

3 hours ago, Booger said:

coulda had another nashville school in the west if one of the institutions in D2-AA east wernt still holdin numbers

wooda liked to been a booger under the table when the lobbyin and money lauderin by the blue blood schools out of Music City area were vyin for who was goin to the western region

Booger just sayin :roll:

maybe they are trying to make it look appealing to CPA.  : )  either way, getting out of the west will be much easier than east next year.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, theawesomebro said:

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2023&sportid=1&type=high

talk about murderer's row in D2-AAA East.  4 of the current top 5 in the state in one region...LA, MBA, McCallie and Baylor.  yikes

So what.  The top 3 go to the playoffs so there is no way a school in the region that should go and have a chance to run the table and be state champs will not get a chance.