new regions out

theawesomebro

2 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

Not so fast Awesome Sombrero... Lipscomb will have a whole new gauntlet of equal or near equal athletes, in some places better facilities and very quality coaches that won't as easily be out-schemed.  I'm looking forward to it.  Middle TN football will be hype again.

im looking forward to it as well.  I was not implying that they will walk all over everyone but i think they will be fine and still be in the top 2-3 teams in AAA.  personally, I think they would win AAA this year.  we will see about next...

no idea what the reasoning was for CPA staying put.  

How does CPA benefit from playing up?  Why are teams seen as cowards for playing in the classification they are supposed to?  I never understand these arguments.  If teams choose to play up because they think they can compete, great.  It doesn't mean teams that do not move up should be looked down on or that their accomplishments do not matter.  I think most of the time these arguments come from teams that are tired of losing to them and want them out of their division.

15 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

It seems extremely hard to justify CPA not moving up.  They likely will have appeared in 5 straight championship games.  They have been playing the best AAA and 5A/6A teams.  They are hyping up their Sophomore and Junior class.  What about that indicates they are a AA team?  Very disappointing.  They won't have any competition in AA.  Perhaps that's what they are seeking.

It is the same thing Lipscomb was seeking when the pink pony meeting that Booger talks about took place. That is when the Lipscomb delegate, as well as the Knox Webb fella, made sure they protected their then very vulnerable teams from AAA by getting the number set in an advantageous position.  CPA is only following the precedent set by your own school and Meske.

Know your history.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

With regards to Lipscomb Academy, they will be fine playing in D2AAA.  Regardless of what level of football, a team must have a good QB and there is no one better than Trent Dilfer in developing a high school QB. At the present time there are only two schools that are capable of consistently challenging Lipscomb and that is Baylor and McCallie.  With the current rules, both of those schools are able to go out and recruit any talent they want from across the country and because they are a boarding school the kids are eligible immediately.  With that being said it’s my understanding the TSSAA member schools voted overwhelmingly to close that loophole next year and have the rule say if a someone has an established record, they must sit out one full season from the last date of participation, if they transfer to a boarding school.  They even took it one step further and said that a team may not have more than one athlete that has transferred into the school and had to sit out one season on the roster.  Now how this would work with kids from Canada and other countries around the world transferring to a boarding school, who knows because very few countries including Canada have high school athletics.  It’s all club sports in most countries.  Let’s see if and how the TSSAA Board of Control votes on this issue at their next meeting.  IMO, they will try their best not to make a decision.  As most everyone knows all politicians are best at talking/discussing/debating issues but not doing anything to make things better is their focus.  Everyone must remember that past behavior of the TSSAA Board of Control is a great predictor of future behavior.

Edited by cbg

17 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

It seems extremely hard to justify CPA not moving up.  They likely will have appeared in 5 straight championship games.  They have been playing the best AAA and 5A/6A teams.  They are hyping up their Sophomore and Junior class.  What about that indicates they are a AA team?  Very disappointing.  They won't have any competition in AA.  Perhaps that's what they are seeking.

first let it be known Booger ant nose fan of the south nashville prebyterians..

....them presbyterians got numbers that say their AA.....but its extremely hard for Chuck to justify them bein AA 

...its not likey Chuck.....Booger Pickins say the Presbyterians WILL get a invite to a 5th straight gold ball contest after they strip the new self proclaimed title of the New Kings of AA Football away from The St Elmo Sword of Joshua Full Independent Pentecostal Assembly Chargers this friday in the semis......the last time the presbyterians didnt get a gold ball invite was 2017 when that Fant feller and that Fant fellers ND Fighting Irish ran gutshot thru arguably the 2nd best team CPA ever had....in the semis

....CPA has collected only 2 of the last 4 gold ball contest they entered...and on the 1st of the Christmas month CPA will only gone 2 outta 5 gold balls....and that disappoints Chuck veryly that the presbyterians want move up to D2-AAA? 

....them presbyterians play every D2-AA team thats availible to them....if their not contestin the bluebloods of D2-AAA and the top 5A & 6A out of class Chuck, for whom CPA is losin too by the way....who else are they to be schedulin?.....D2-A and 1A teams?

....and if Chuck thinkin the Presbyterians want have any competition in AA.....Chuck dont know AA

Booger thinkin oh Chuck one of these types of peoples that think the rich outta be taxed more than Chuck do....just cause they rich

Booger just sayin :roll:

Edited by Booger

14 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

im looking forward to it as well.  I was not implying that they will walk all over everyone but i think they will be fine and still be in the top 2-3 teams in AAA.  personally, I think they would win AAA this year.  we will see about next...

no idea what the reasoning was for CPA staying put.  

let ol' Booger make it easy for thebroawesome

Division II: Football

Three classes (A: 0-265, AA: 266-530, AAA: 531+).

Class No. of Schools Enrollment Range
A 17 0-265
AA 24 266-530
AAA 8 531 and greater

34 St. Benedict at Auburndale 458 AA

35 Christ Presbyterian Academy 473 AA

36 Webb School of Knoxville 483 AA

37 Pope John Paul II Preparatory School 521 AA

38 Chattanooga Christian School 526 AA

Booger just sayin ;-)

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

It is the same thing Lipscomb was seeking when the pink pony meeting that Booger talks about took place. That is when the Lipscomb delegate, as well as the Knox Webb fella, made sure they protected their then very vulnerable teams from AAA by getting the number set in an advantageous position.  CPA is only following the precedent set by your own school and Meske.

Know your history.

Booger just sayin Emeril GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

32 minutes ago, Booger said:

let ol' Booger make it easy for thebroawesome

Division II: Football

Three classes (A: 0-265, AA: 266-530, AAA: 531+).

Class No. of Schools Enrollment Range
A 17 0-265
AA 24 266-530
AAA 8 531 and greater

34 St. Benedict at Auburndale 458 AA

35 Christ Presbyterian Academy 473 AA

36 Webb School of Knoxville 483 AA

37 Pope John Paul II Preparatory School 521 AA

38 Chattanooga Christian School 526 AA

Booger just sayin ;-)

just because enrollment places a school in a division doesn't mean it is where they "belong."  imagine if BA, ensworth and LA all stayed put?  no one needs more 70-7 at the half scores like the last game for LA.  IMHO, it's not good for the kids on either team.

I really have a lot of respect for CPA and they do not shy away from tough non-region games.  I think playing in a tougher division would only make them better and I am confident they would be fine as well.  that's all I was saying.  

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

just because enrollment places a school in a division doesn't mean it is where they "belong."  imagine if BA, ensworth and LA all stayed put?  no one needs more 70-7 at the half scores like the last game for LA.  IMHO, it's not good for the kids on either team.

I really have a lot of respect for CPA and they do not shy away from tough non-region games.  I think playing in a tougher division would only make them better and I am confident they would be fine as well.  that's all I was saying.  

I think the issue some have is that Lipscomb avoided the competition for years and now that they have new found glory are quick to call out schools that are playing by the rule/class that LA helped to create. 

To use your example of BA and Ensworth, I don’t recall you and/or the LA crowd arguing for more teams to play up so there are more teams in the D2-AAA playoffs. 

44 minutes ago, JRB said:

I think the issue some have is that Lipscomb avoided the competition for years and now that they have new found glory are quick to call out schools that are playing by the rule/class that LA helped to create. 

To use your example of BA and Ensworth, I don’t recall you and/or the LA crowd arguing for more teams to play up so there are more teams in the D2-AAA playoffs. 

I understand your point and think it's valid.  i'll lay off pointing fingers.  sorry about that.  selfishly, I want CPA to play up to keep the rivalry going.  

I also don't know what booger is saying half the time because all his code words.  : )

21 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

so theawesomebro gonna be decisioning which classes and divisions the schools are gonna be contestin here on out...

that bein sayed....Boogers imaginary thinkin D2-AA would be a tuff place to contest and the gold ball competition run would be more competitive....But Booger also glad theyve decide to get on up and scratch them blueblood egos...

....ol Booger lettin thebroawesome in on sumthin thebroawesome might not nose cause Booger nose stuff...

....that contest between Sliverdale and that LA didnt have to be 70-0 at the break...nor did the that CoG Academy vs BGA contest have to be 56-0 at the break or 70-0 in the 3rd....Trent is show boatin and sendin what he thinks is warnin shot over the bow of the D2-AAA bluebloods now that he and the AD have convinced the Head and the money trail that they can can come bully the bluebloods playground

.....plenty of programs can put those same kind of half time numbers up weekly if the coaches so pick.....but most of those coaches though huge egos have more respect for the process and kids on the other side....unless the opposin program has the rubbed them wrong

....ole trent and and his Music City CoG mustangers will send that same message to that Webb School of Knoxville and the folks of that Haslam Pilot Petroleum Campus tonight if trent can

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger
  • Like 1