The Greene Devils travel to the Greatest Show on Earth

noonesfool

6 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

Their QB is one of the best in the state no doubt about it but our QB is not a "liability" just because he doesnt have the craziest stats. Everyone knows we are run 1st team and he gets pulled with the rest of the starters late 2nd early 3rd 9 times outta 10 because of blowouts. I mean he did take out AC as a sophomore. I dont see him as a "liability"

Our Qb is a 3yr Starter that has lost only 5 games during his time.  To be considered a liability is something he isn't.  I will take this Kid anytime because he is a leader that has support, and the Team listens to him.  A leader motivates through action.  Again, he may not have the super stats, but he is a winner, and no one can take that away from someone that is proven.  Tonite let's watch a good, safe, and competitive game.  Let's go Devils.... 

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

IF the Cyclones had a decent tailback that game would have been two scores. 
If they had the Maupin Kid last year it wouldn’t been close. Had to use Rollins as both Qb and Tailback. They just keyed on him. But he carried the team and almost pulled it out. They just didn’t have a good back to run the read option. Everyone knew Rollins was keeping it. 
Not taking anything from Tullahoma but they were definitely beatable. 

Witten was too conservative and losing had nothing to do with the tailback. He used the tailback more as a fullback and keep running the same stuff over over. If you watched the game the kid that played tailback keep us in the game catching balls at receiver when we would go empty. Witten lost that game not the players.

1 hour ago, Morice49 said:

Our Qb is a 3yr Starter that has lost only 5 games during his time.  To be considered a liability is something he isn't.  I will take this Kid anytime because he is a leader that has support, and the Team listens to him.  A leader motivates through action.  Again, he may not have the super stats, but he is a winner, and no one can take that away from someone that is proven.  Tonite let's watch a good, safe, and competitive game.  Let's go Devils.... 

He has only lost 3 games. All 3 to E town

8 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

OUCH

31-3 as a starter is pretty dang good if you ask me. 3 losses in 2 years to a team that was the 2 time state champs and state runner up seems okay to me. He is right behind Cade Ballard who was 52-3 as a starter at Greeneville. A loss to Morristown West, Knox Catholic in round 3 and a loss to Knox Central in round 2. He is in with good company 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

31-3 as a starter is pretty dang good if you ask me. 3 losses in 2 years to a team that was the 2 time state champs and state runner up seems okay to me. He is right behind Cade Ballard who was 52-3 as a starter at Greeneville. A loss to Morristown West, Knox Catholic in round 3 and a loss to Knox Central in round 2. He is in with good company 

Brady has been a great game manager and a great kid but let's not compare the Best QB to ever come through Greeneville in Ballard to Brady. (It's not a fair comparison)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Brady has been a great game manager and a great kid but let's not compare the Best QB to ever come through Greeneville in Ballard to Brady. (It's not a fair comparison)

I completely agree I'm not comparing them but their overall records are in the same area. Cade will be the 1st to admit he got what he got because of the group he was with. All Brady has to be is a game manager. He knows how to play the game and he plays it the right way. Sometimes running the ball is the way to go. His stats might not jump off the page but when its time he can make the right decision to best help the team. I am just saying they are both great in their own ways. Brady has his job to do and he does it very very well.

Edited by GreeneDevil2020

43 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

That Knox Central loss still hurts lol

1 minute ago, KEV-O said:

That Knox Central loss still hurts lol

Oh my gosh don't even get me started lol. The Catholic loss was awful to me because I vividly remember Justin the announcer give the scores of interest during the game before and him saying Catholic beat Fulton and I was running around yelling to everyone WE ARE GONNA GO WN STATE! and then Catholic came and took us out lol. But yeah that Central loss is easily top 5 pain I've ever felt as a Greene Devil

1 hour ago, bevo said:

Witten was too conservative and losing had nothing to do with the tailback. He used the tailback more as a fullback and keep running the same stuff over over. If you watched the game the kid that played tailback keep us in the game catching balls at receiver when we would go empty. Witten lost that game not the players.

Agree about Witten. I was disappointed that they didn’t get the ball in Roberts’s hands more. Tullahoma was all over that bubble screen they tried way too often. 

5 hours ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

It is true Greeneville has a lot more team speed than AC. I found some Greeneville  games from this season and Greeneville made teams look slow and weak. Devils offensive line is a lot bigger stronger and more physical than AC line.  So I don’t see how AC can pull this game off. Let’s be honest they are some AC fans with kids on the team wearing nothing but AC  glasses  that think they are unstoppable .  I believe It’s going to be a long night for AC. No one has given AC a chance in this game for good reason, Greenville is the real deal. Good luck AC you really need it! I’ll give the score prediction right before kick off but Greenville will put a running clock on AC in 2nd half. 

18 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

Oh my gosh don't even get me started lol. The Catholic loss was awful to me because I vividly remember Justin the announcer give the scores of interest during the game before and him saying Catholic beat Fulton and I was running around yelling to everyone WE ARE GONNA GO WN STATE! and then Catholic came and took us out lol. But yeah that Central loss is easily top 5 pain I've ever felt as a Greene Devil

I knew going into that Catholic Game it would be a stretch for us to Win just knowing who was on that Catholic team. Mays Who went to GA/TN, Rodgers Clemson/Packers/Texans, Cunningham Starting QB at MTSU, Kuerschen/Tulane, Tucker/Clemson. Greeneville was to young Cades Freshman year to pull that off no matter how many times they gave the ball to Dabbs