East Robertson vs Tyner Playoffs Round 3

Warrior11

11 minutes ago, Rams6750 said:

I got there in 96 remember us throwing it around a bit. With Hinton and Jones and all those guys 

The ball was thrown a lot out of that offense. It was not a true wing t but hybrid. Still have never had TE’s at Tyner, at least from 1990-present which always baffled me to this day. A good TE can be a dangerous weapon. 

55 minutes ago, THS7758 said:

The ball was thrown a lot out of that offense. It was not a true wing t but hybrid. Still have never had TE’s at Tyner, at least from 1990-present which always baffled me to this day. A good TE can be a dangerous weapon. 

Rory had a lot of talent on that team to throw to. That 97 team was pretty special. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eers said:

There’s a reason teams run the offenses they do. The spread works will if you have the kids to do it on a consistent basis. The problem is you do have to have athletes. I can tell you from coaching against it and watching it several times, without having athletes it’s not hard to defend. You can have all the guys in routes that you want, but if they’re not athletic enough to get separation, it doesn’t matter. If the QB can’t hit them, same thing. Pass blocking… same thing. It takes different kids to be able to do it. No disrespect, but Westmoreland typically doesn’t have that kid or at least to the level to run that offense and make a deep run. They win by being methodical and consistent. 

I agree and we have lost that on offense the last few years. Not consistent and methodical