Best ADs in East Tn.

wompuscat

Just now, MavMaximus said:

Great man, may he RIP.  And that's for sure.  If I was a coach our record would be reversed this year.

Yep, Bow yourn head when you say the name of the great John Bean. 

these morons in the stands that criticize and second guess these coaches, don't even have a clue how little they really know about what is going on down on the field.  It drives me crazy, I cannot sit in the stands anymore, just can't take it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yep, Bow yourn head when you say the name of the great John Bean. 

these morons in the stands that criticize and second guess these coaches, don't even have a clue how little they really know about what is going on down on the field.  It drives me crazy, I cannot sit in the stands anymore, just can't take it.  

Nor does anyone else that has said they are not a coach and have been on the sidelines.  Coaches stand inside the box, everyone else stands down on one end or another. 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:05 PM, HTV said:

Had the opportunity to get to know quite a few ADs over the years.  

Some of the best at working with media I encountered were:  

JD Lambert at Knoxville Central

Gary Terry at Anderson County 

Clark Duncan at South Doyle

Jody Wright at Fulton 

GQ at Maryville

Mark Duff when he was the AD at Powell

Jeff Thomas, recently retired at Gibbs

I know I left out some, but these guys were all particularly helpful and several are still good friends, even though I have been retired from media since 2017.  

Two first year ADs in Knox County that I feel like are going to have great futures and do good jobs are Dustin Mynatt at Gibbs (same last name, not closely related) and Adam Seymour.  

Alot of those guys passed through Powell either as a coach, player or teacher. 

21 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

What if they stand on the sidelines of high school games? Could they be considered a coach then?

I believe your only under the coaching tree if your listed on TSSAA coaching portal for the school. If your at the school doing drills with the players during high school practice then yes they could/should be considered. Many though don't list all their coaches and i'm sure its not for this reason. 

There are rules being broke specifically dead period rules with coaches in contact and campus access that happens at every school every year. I believe its just a fish TSSAA isn't willing to cast a line to catch. You see it but you don't want to have that carp on your line because of the fight and once you get it on board its not worth anything. 

Sorry for the fishing reference I have been doing a lot of fishing in the evenings now with more free time. 

3 minutes ago, HollywoodJoeyG said:

I believe your only under the coaching tree if your listed on TSSAA coaching portal for the school. If your at the school doing drills with the players during high school practice then yes they could/should be considered. Many though don't list all their coaches and i'm sure its not for this reason. 

There are rules being broke specifically dead period rules with coaches in contact and campus access that happens at every school every year. I believe its just a fish TSSAA isn't willing to cast a line to catch. You see it but you don't want to have that carp on your line because of the fight and once you get it on board its not worth anything. 

Sorry for the fishing reference I have been doing a lot of fishing in the evenings now with more free time. 

I think the TSSAA takes a more common sense approach then most assume in these situations.  It is easy for one to look at a person running/training athletes in 7 v 7 or sports specific camps for that matter, using the same concepts as the inseason play calling, riding buses paid for by the AD, and standing inside the box or in the booth on top of the barn with Davy is a connection or link if you will regardless who is listed on the portal