2022 - 2023 Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat Basketball

boyfromsi

41 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

I've touched on it.  I'll get specific:  1) They miss Clark a lot right now.  Semaj was good for 15 pts/game and no one has filled that gap. 2) Not have the other Porter is hurting. Hopefully we'll see her soon and her knee will heal well. 3)  This group is not good at shooting outside and teams have figured it out.  We are seeing a lot of zone and have not handled it well.  We could stand to be more patient in our offense and put ourselves in the position for better shots.  4) We have had a lot out sick pretty much the whole season, which has messed with the team being able to practice together.

I still think we will be ok, but will take our lumps early.  The schedule before and during Christmas is brutal.

Thanks SI for the report.

I have lost perspective on things lately. Coach Taylor talked about the early season struggles on her show last Wednesday but I didn't listen close enough to follow her train of thought.

Another one of my mistakes is I probably expect too much from Johnson this early in her high school career. I do think she has a world of ability but it takes time to fully realize it.

RWR! Practice, develope leaders and stick together as a team.

On 12/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Another one of my mistakes is I probably expect too much from Johnson this early in her high school career. I do think she has a world of ability but it takes time to fully realize it.

RWR! Practice, develope leaders and stick together as a team.

The Lady Wildcats ran over Powell tonight 69 - 35. Powell has been very good of late but this year they are young.

Johnson did not play tonight and Boone was sick but played some. The team should be very proud of themselves tonight. I know I loved the way they played and bet they get even better.

RWR! 

By the way, what is wrong with Johnson? I thought I saw her on the bench dressed in her uniform.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The Lady Wildcats ran over Powell tonight 69 - 35. Powell has been very good of late but this year they are young.

Johnson did not play tonight and Boone was sick but played some. The team should be very proud of themselves tonight. I know I loved the way they played and bet they get even better.

RWR! 

By the way, what is wrong with Johnson? I thought I saw her on the bench dressed in her uniform.

Much better effort and result.  You can tell that they had a good week of practice.  Much better shot selection and team play.  Johnson will be ready to go on Friday. (enough said).  Good job ladies!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 3:00 PM, boyfromsi said:

I've touched on it.  I'll get specific:  1) They miss Clark a lot right now.  Semaj was good for 15 pts/game and no one has filled that gap. 2) Not have the other Porter is hurting. Hopefully we'll see her soon and her knee will heal well. 3)  This group is not good at shooting outside and teams have figured it out.  We are seeing a lot of zone and have not handled it well.  We could stand to be more patient in our offense and put ourselves in the position for better shots.  4) We have had a lot out sick pretty much the whole season, which has messed with the team being able to practice together.

I still think we will be ok, but will take our lumps early.  The schedule before and during Christmas is brutal.

It's early. They'll return to GreenEville, Tennessee for the Ladies Classic between Christmas and New Years. The kids will play teams from all over Tennessee (including Upperman and Alcoa) and the Southeast. That kind of competition pays off later. One more thing, the Oak Ridge fans are great. Hope to see lots of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Americal198 said:

It's early. They'll return to GreenEville, Tennessee for the Ladies Classic between Christmas and New Years. The kids will play teams from all over Tennessee (including Upperman and Alcoa) and the Southeast. That kind of competition pays off later. One more thing, the Oak Ridge fans are great. Hope to see lots of them.

Hey America198,

I really enjoy your postings. For sure thanks for starting the Greeneville Tournament tread.

I know you know this but before Oak Ridge gets to Greeneville and the Thomas Dale, VA High School game, ORHS must play Central ( I think easy win ), Cleveland ( tough  game ),  Oakland ( tough game ) and Sevier County ( tough game ).

otWith a lot of solid practices, the Lady Wildcats maybe ready to win some games in Greeneville. OR is only going to get better once the after Christmas tournaments are over and the lesson learned by playing top competition.

Oh, I don't go to games but for those that do thanks for the kind words to the OR fans. As Toby Keith sorta sings, " One day, back in my high school days prime, I got dozens of students to come to the girls games. " We had a blast cheering for Coach Prudens first teams. We even went to away games.

Look forward to more of your posts.

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Hey America198,

I really enjoy your postings. For sure thanks for starting the Greeneville Tournament tread.

I know you know this but before Oak Ridge gets to Greeneville and the Thomas Dale, VA High School game, ORHS must play Central ( I think easy win ), Cleveland ( tough  game ),  Oakland ( tough game ) and Sevier County ( tough game ).

otWith a lot of solid practices, the Lady Wildcats maybe ready to win some games in Greeneville. OR is only going to get better once the after Christmas tournaments are over and the lesson learned by playing top competition.

Oh, I don't go to games but for those that do thanks for the kind words to the OR fans. As Toby Keith sorta sings, " One day, back in my high school days prime, I got dozens of students to come to the girls games. " We had a blast cheering for Coach Prudens first teams. We even went to away games.

Look forward to more of your posts.

I try to go to one game a week, provided there's good competition. 

I'll stay home tonight and watch Greeneville play Alcoa on the NFHS Network. That should be a good game and will tell us a lot about #1 Greeneville.

The Ladies Classic should be a good one this year. Greeneville beat Upperman in last year's tournament. It seems more invitations are being sent to teams from Tennessee, whom I prefer watching. It's nice not having to travel great distances to see teams that get lots of mention here on Coach T.

BTW, I've listened to David Clary's radio broadcasts in the past, also.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I try to go to one game a week, provided there's good competition. 

I'll stay home tonight and watch Greeneville play Alcoa on the NFHS Network. That should be a good game and will tell us a lot about #1 Greeneville.

The Ladies Classic should be a good one this year. Greeneville beat Upperman in last year's tournament. It seems more invitations are being sent to teams from Tennessee, whom I prefer watching. It's nice not having to travel great distances to see teams that get lots of mention here on Coach T.

BTW, I've listened to David Clary's radio broadcasts in the past, also.

I didn't know Greeneville was # 1. I am way behind in following the girl's this season. I figured Bradley Central was # 1 or maybe Bearden. Enjoy the game tonight. Alcoa is a pretty solid team.

6 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I didn't know Greeneville was # 1. I am way behind in following the girl's this season. I figured Bradley Central was # 1 or maybe Bearden. Enjoy the game tonight. Alcoa is a pretty solid team.

6 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

#1 on Coach T Strength Ranking for 3A. 

Lady Wildcats played great tonight and the 3 to win it was in and out at the buzzar.The refs killed us with couple of awful calls late but still proud of the girls improvement.Coach Taylor also called 2 great plays late to give us a shot.Big ups to Zay for battling so hard.She is playing great.The Lady Wildcats still really young are only getting better 

2 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

Lady Wildcats played great tonight and the 3 to win it was in and out at the buzzar.The refs killed us with couple of awful calls late but still proud of the girls improvement.Coach Taylor also called 2 great plays late to give us a shot.Big ups to Zay for battling so hard.She is playing great.The Lady Wildcats still really young are only getting better 

Last foul called on OR was really questionable with both players going for the ball. You just don't call that at that point in the game in my opinion.